Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Does the Rams Redskins RGIII trade work out for both teams?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Does the Rams Redskins RGIII trade work out for both teams? Reply with quote

There was a lot of talk early that the Skins gave up the house and then early in the season, with RGIII stellar play, that the Rams might regret passing on RGIII.

At this point, with Bradford playing well, it looks like the trade has worked out for both teams. Obviously the Redskins got the franchise QB they wanted but the Rams will end up with at least 6 players from the deal and maybe more.

So far they've gotten

#14 Michael Brockers- in the draft after trading down with Skins pick. Has played very well and been a force inside since his return

#39 Janoris Jenkins- started out very quickly but has fizzled some lately. Still looks like a future lockdown corner.

#50 Isiah Pead- has made almost no impact and has been passed on the depth chart by a 7th rounder

#150 R. Watkins- was actually starting until an injury knocked him out for a season.

Add in 2 more first rounders(one of which, 2013, will likely be a top 5-10 pick) and it's obviously helped one of the Rams biggest weaknesses(depth and talent across the board).

So does the trade work out for both teams in the long run?
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Rams get the better of it.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think so. The Skins will likely get the Rams another high pick to get a talented OT, WR, etc this year AND another next year. Plus, they've gotten immediate returns on some of the players this year.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll see how Washington recovers from losing all those picks but I'd say -- at the moment, both teams are winners in that deal.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
49ersfan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Redskins kind of win and lose with this trade. On one hand, you get your franchise QB. OTOH, you take away valuable draft picks you can surround your QB with- a potential impact player that can lessen the load.

They tried giving him weapons in FA, with mixed results (Garcon and Morgan). FA shouldn't be used like the Redskins consistently have used it, and they're going to have to rely on it as they have less resources in the draft.

Its tough enough as it is to have a successful draft, now try doing it without your 1st rounder...for the next 2 years.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
dante9876

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a 50 page thread already discussing this topic. No need to make another bradford vs RG3 thread cause that is what this will become 2 pages in.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=499377
lards

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked out for the best. the Skins got a guy I think will be a legit QB for the next decade while the Rams already have future gun QB and have plenty of high picks to build around him and their already impressive D. win-win imo. Cool

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm being very objective...

twitter: @lards90
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Rams win this trade. The Skins will need those 1st rounders and be sorry they don't have them.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too early to tell. I'm not sold on the idea that Sam Bradford will ever be able to take the Rams to the superbowl, however, I believe RG3 one day could if the Redskins are able to give him some weapons. But I could be completely wrong about that. Still too early to tell for me.
Malik

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll know in 6+ years after we see who the Rams get in the next two drafts and how well the Redskins build around RGIII.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
We'll know in 6+ years after we see who the Rams get in the next two drafts and how well the Redskins build around RGIII.

I will not take that long because if RG3 takes a major step back next season everyone will be saying that the Rams won the trade.
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This needs to be repeated until people start taking it into account: if Griffin becomes an elite QB and Bradford continues to play at an uninspiring level, the Rams lose this deal. Even if they get a great haul out of their picks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
This needs to be repeated until people start taking it into account: if Griffin becomes an elite QB and Bradford continues to play at an uninspiring level, the Rams lose this deal. Even if they get a great haul out of their picks.

Not if the surrounding team can make up for it, ala Alex Smith and the Niners.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:

It's not the entire surrounding team. It's specifically those 4 picks. It would take a miracle for that to happen.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:

Yes, but I believe its more likely that RG3 will play at a significantly higher level than Bradford, and I believe its unlikely the Rams will make up for it with these picks. But still, too early to tell IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: