You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Does the Rams Redskins RGIII trade work out for both teams?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:

In reality redskins will win thr division this year and will be the favorites going into next season. If redskins make the playoffs this year and next rams absolutely lose this trade. Rams front office was expecting top 10 picks for both years. If you look at the draft pick point systems rsms #2 pick weights alot more then 2 late first rounders.

Not sure why you'd bring in the draft value chart to try and make your argument here. Completely contradicts what you're saying.

#2 Pick = 2600 points

#6 Pick = 1600 points
#39 Pick = 510 points
#22 Pick = 780 points
#32 Pick = 590 points
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Even if you win the Super Bowl next year, you're giving up 3480 points to the Rams' 2600 points.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
mozwanted wrote:

In reality redskins will win thr division this year and will be the favorites going into next season. If redskins make the playoffs this year and next rams absolutely lose this trade. Rams front office was expecting top 10 picks for both years. If you look at the draft pick point systems rsms #2 pick weights alot more then 2 late first rounders.

Not sure why you'd bring in the draft value chart to try and make your argument here. Completely contradicts what you're saying.

#2 Pick = 2600 points

#6 Pick = 1600 points
#39 Pick = 510 points
#22 Pick = 780 points
#32 Pick = 590 points

Even if you win the Super Bowl next year, you're giving up 3480 points to the Rams' 2600 points.

We swapped the first rounders this year. We gave up a 2nd this year, and 2 future first rounders.

only pick rams got from redskins this year was a 2nd round pick our first rounders were swapped.

Also note future first rounders have almost 30% decline in value points then current draft picks.

In the end if rams front office did not make the trade and expect to get 2 late first rounders. They were hoping to get top 10-15 picks. Rams would definitely lose the deal. Because knowing what rg3 is now i would give up more then 2 first rounders.
Keleth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:

We swapped the first rounders this year. We gave up a 2nd this year, and 2 future first rounders.

only pick rams got from redskins this year was a 2nd round pick our first rounders were swapped.

Also note future first rounders have almost 30% decline in value points then current draft picks.

In the end if rams front office did not make the trade and expect to get 2 late first rounders. They were hoping to get top 10-15 picks. Rams would definitely lose the deal. Because knowing what rg3 is now i would give up more then 2 first rounders.

You got RGIII for 3 1st round picks.

Anyway that is by the by.
Why does it matter what you gave up.
It looks like the Skins have got their franchise QB who it appears may well be an elite QB.
That is priceless.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
mozwanted wrote:

#2 Pick = 2600 points

#6 Pick = 1600 points
#39 Pick = 510 points
#22 Pick = 780 points
#32 Pick = 590 points

Really? Really? Really? Smh.

You swapped #6 for #2...which is a 1000 point difference. The 3 other picks more than make up the 1000 point difference no matter how you slice it.

And you traded 3 1st round picks and a 2nd for RGIII.

Before you claim that's wrong...

RGIII = Pick #2

The trade was:
Washington gets:
RGIII(#2)

Rams get:
Pick #6
1st
1st
2nd

That's 3 1sts and a 2nd for RGIII. There's no arguing that, it's a fact.

Regardless of it all, as I've said since the trade was made, both sides are winners. No matter how you'd(through some weird bitterness) would like to make it seem that's not true.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skins "win" the trade.
Rams get fair value for the trade.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a team offered 3 1st round picks would redskins trade rg3? I don't think so. When jeff fisher is fired in a couple of years and all those extra draft picks are out of the league, I think rg3 will still be there.
BBIB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
x0x wrote:
Brockers
Jenkins

Those are the two the Rams got in effect of the trade right? Or how do we judge the trade down after Blackmon was taken?

Jenkins may be a Pro Bowl corner, but we wait and see.

And Rams QB problems stem from not taking Vick out of prison. Taking Vick and drafting Suh I will ALWAYS cite as one of the worst decisions in Rams history. Would have won a Championship by now.

Stooop it.. If you thought Vick had a bad line in Philly! Than you have no Idea what was in stored for him here. Yesterday was the first time we didn't allow a sack in 30 straight games. The longest streak in the NFL.

Well the interesting thing about Vick in St. Louis would have been he would have had Stephen Jackson and I have to believe the Rams coaching staff would have had enough sense to use Jackson

Plus the NFC West was a joke 2 year ago so the Rams could have had home field avantage in the playoffs and Vick playing in a dome in the playoffs could have been scary like when Vick's team ran over the Rams in the playoffs in his only dome playoff game as a starter
BBIB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But to be fair to the Rams, it's revisionist history to say they should have given up on Sam Bradford and drafted RGIII

Sam Bradford was still a young QB who was owed a whole lot of money
bulger2holt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samfisher83 wrote:
If a team offered 3 1st round picks would redskins trade rg3? I don't think so. When jeff fisher is fired in a couple of years and all those extra draft picks are out of the league, I think rg3 will still be there.

You mean when Brockers and Jenkins are pro bowlers?
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samfisher83 wrote:

Yea, Fisher has a 2-14 team competing for the playoffs into December, has them undefeated in one of the toughest divisions in football and has them fighting for a winning record in the final week in the season but he's on pace to be fired.

Oh and those draft picks are looking especially bad, I mean Janoris Jenkins just tied the rookie record for pick sixes with 2 other DBs...Ronnie Lott and Lem Barney...2 HOFers while Michael Brockers is playing stellar football...

But they'll be out of the league soon...can you sound anymore ignorant?

BBIB wrote:
But to be fair to the Rams, it's revisionist history to say they should have given up on Sam Bradford and drafted RGIII

Sam Bradford was still a young QB who was owed a whole lot of money

Sam Bradford is still a young QB who has 12 TDs to 5 ints in the second half of the year. He's progressing quite well and the Rams offense is progressing. In fact, he's proving that given time in a system, he can improve and look good.

Imagine when the Rams actually add some weapons to the offense.

But I agree with you, the Rams played the only card they had. And they played it correctly.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samfisher83 wrote:

Welcome to the forum.....
Special Teamer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
Brockers
Jenkins

Those are the two the Rams got in effect of the trade right? Or how do we judge the trade down after Blackmon was taken?

Jenkins may be a Pro Bowl corner, but we wait and see.

And Rams QB problems stem from not taking Vick out of prison. Taking Vick and drafting Suh I will ALWAYS cite as one of the worst decisions in Rams history. Would have won a Championship by now.

I never expected something this ridiculous to come from you after some of the strongest posts I've seen from you.

I'm tremendously glad we took Bradford over Suh. And Mike Vick? Actually, at this point of my post, I'm almost 99% sure that was sarcasm.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
mozwanted wrote:

#2 Pick = 2600 points

#6 Pick = 1600 points
#39 Pick = 510 points
#22 Pick = 780 points
#32 Pick = 590 points

Really? Really? Really? Smh.

You swapped #6 for #2...which is a 1000 point difference. The 3 other picks more than make up the 1000 point difference no matter how you slice it.

And you traded 3 1st round picks and a 2nd for RGIII.

Before you claim that's wrong...

RGIII = Pick #2

The trade was:
Washington gets:
RGIII(#2)

Rams get:
Pick #6
1st
1st
2nd

That's 3 1sts and a 2nd for RGIII. There's no arguing that, it's a fact.

Regardless of it all, as I've said since the trade was made, both sides are winners. No matter how you'd(through some weird bitterness) would like to make it seem that's not true.

You'd be surprised at the number of otherwise intelligent people who swear we only gave up 2 firsts to get RG3. Its like they don't understand how a trade works or are trying to make themselves feel better about the amount of picks we traded. They seem to think since we used pick#2 that we didn't give 3 firsts and a 2nd and ignore that giving up those 4 picks enabled us to be able to use #2. Just boggles my mind that they don't understand a basic concept in a trade.

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
Slateman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who did the Rams take with the Skins picks?
YlionsY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I would say its a win win. Lets look at it 3 years down the road though. Will RGIII still be great or regress/injuries derail his career? How will those draft picks turn out?

I think both sides have won though.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: