Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Message board observation from a "Newbie"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaGarun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Message board observation from a "Newbie" Reply with quote

Ok, I guess you could call me a "newbie", though I've been a member here for some time. I see occasional lamenting about the new membership drop here, so thought I'd do my part.

I spend most of my time posting on a big LSU board with several sub-boards for things like politics, other SEC talk, and other sports in general. I've been there for years.

There are a handful of Dallas fans in the game threads I usually run, but you know the difference? It's us against the world. As one would expect, the board is heavy Saints, but there are folks from all over. They ALL hate Dallas. A lot. So we stick together to fight them off as best we can. I feel like I know them each personally. I feel like they know me.

But here? Here I see more Dallas fans sniping at each other over little things more than anything else. That, and pissing contests over old feuds that guys like me have no knowledge of (nor do we care).

But this forum has potential. I'll try to spend more time here if possible, offer what I can, and deal with any blowback from this post or others in my usual way (typically it's sarcasm, but not always Razz )

So be fans, disagree when you need to, but remember who your friends are Laughing

Brief DaGarun bio:
-Fell in love with the Cowboys (Staubach, particularly) in 1978 at age 8
-Cried after "The Catch"
-Somehow survived the heated Pelleur/"Hogenbloom" battle for the QB job in the mid-late 80s
- Attended the opener in 1989 vs. the Saints in my brand new Aikman jersey (I still wear it every gameday, even now) to see his debut live. 28-0 Saints, and a very long season. Paid off in the end, though, to wit...
- Attended back to back Super Bowls with my late father in Pasadena and Atlanta (92/93). Memories that I will cherish forever. Bills fans likely disagree... Laughing

- But now? Now I'm so very frustrated that this franchise has been "on the bubble" for so long. I suspect I'm not alone (hence the intramural sniping I see here). It's even worse since I interact with so many Saints fans who think the NFL started in 2009.

Sigh...

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of us have been around here for a long time. In a sense, we're one big family...and like any big family we all have our disagreements at times that may seem like feuds to outsiders but deep down, we all really respect one another.

At least, that's what I try to tell myself. Laughing

^^^mack
Calvert28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We put the fun in dys"fun"ctional, if you stay, you stay, if you go, you go. I love our forum, fights and all.

Sciz wrote:
The sarcastic comments are getting old. We already dislike you. Don't make it worse.
LIES!
DaBoys

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slam and Matts are actually the same person. Instead of agreeing to all of his posts though he counters them to generate discussion.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
DaGarun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya. This LSU game is about to anger me, though, so I apologize if I don't respond quickly.... Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Slam and Matts are actually the same person. Instead of agreeing to all of his posts though he counters them to generate discussion.

Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. It took a long time to figure out, but, yes, I am also Matts. I think it's fair to pronounce me the greatest poster ever... I'm in the E-ROH as both a realist and homer.

Des, now that my secret is out, can we have Webby delete my Matts4313 account?

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:

LOl, that is either damn funny or crimianlly insane.....or both! In any case, welcome aboard DaGarun. You hit the nail right on the head. The enternity of medicority that we have all had to bear for the past, going on 2 decades now, had brought out some of the worst in us. We all seem to have our own idea of what is wrong and how to fix it. If you really look at the big picture, we are all correct. There are just that many cracks in the damn. The question is, what takes priority?

OL, DL, Depth, Offens. Coor, GM etc, etc, etc.

P.S. I also cried after "the catch." I didn't go to school for 3 days as I felt physically ill.
textaz03

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Wow. It took a long time to figure out, but, yes, I am also Matts. I think it's fair to pronounce me the greatest poster ever... I'm in the E-ROH as both a realist and homer.

OK, I will ask Webby to delete your The_Slamman account for you right now.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
DaBoys wrote:

LOl, that is either damn funny or crimianlly insane.....or both! In any case, welcome aboard DaGarun. You hit the nail right on the head. The eternity of medicority that we have all had to bear for the past, going on 2 decades now, has brought out some of the worst in us. We all seem to have our own idea of what is wrong and how to fix it. If you really look at the big picture, we are all correct. There are just that many cracks in the damn. The question is, what takes priority?

P.S. I also cried after "the catch." I didn't go to school for 3 days as I felt physically ill.
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
DaBoys wrote:

LOl, that is either damn funny or crimianlly insane.....or both! In any case, welcome aboard DaGarun. You hit the nail right on the head. The eternity of medicority that we have all had to bear for the past, going on 2 decades now, has brought out some of the worst in us. We all seem to have our own idea of what is wrong and how to fix it. If you really look at the big picture, we are all correct. There are just that many cracks in the damn. The question is, what takes priority?

I still change the channel when that catch is about to be shown....I watched it live and still hate everything 49er, because of it.

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've refused to participate in the conversation regarding the catch. Just know I hate all of you who brought it up and thought it was an okay topic for discussion.

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
DaGarun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too soon, Slamman? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaGarun wrote:
Too soon, Slamman? Laughing

Forever will be too soon. Let's just say I exercised some demons during the 1992 NFC championship game.

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
Maverick41

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

Were you Bowphet as well, Slam?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060620

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: