Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

offseason 2013 mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigmark76

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: offseason 2013 mock Reply with quote

so I think we have all have turned our attention to next offseason which will be a very interesting one especially with what we end up doing with our free agents, currently we are estimated to have 45-50 mil this offseason. this is my first offseason mock.... please be gentle.. Laughing

first thing I'd do is find a trade partner and trade soliai his salary next season is 5.7 mil thats way more than i want to pay for a one dimensional player. hoping to get a 3rd-4th plus hes a free agent in 2014

so that give us 50-55 mil est.

so for the free agents:
reggie bush- if i can resign him cheaply, its a done deal but very unlikely let him walk

jake long- tag and trade for a 2nd-3rd round pick just looking for some compensation for a very good tackle because he will comand too much money. also just a thought what if we bounced Jake inside to a G? just curious what yall think.

Brian hartline-resigned

anthony fasano- walking papers

matt moore- love to resign him but i dont think he wants to be in miami so he walks

sean smith- resigned, we already traded our other DB we dont need to loose another

randy starks- resigned because we traded soliai

RJ stanford- resigned for depth

chris clemons- i haven't been paying too much attention to him this season so im not sure what to do with him although he has been invisible when I've watched games. so I'll let him walk

as for defensive free agents

CB Talib, NE- i believe that the pats have more pressing issues aka welker,vollmer. the thing with Talib is hes young and could come cheap due to his legal issues 2 years ago, but a lot of bucs say hes a good teammate and from what I've heard from NE hes a quick study.

so our D looks like

vernon-odrick-starks-wake
misi-dansby-burnett
smith-jones-wilson-marshall
nickel back- talib stanford/carroll

now the fun part offense

traded jake long for a 2nd round pick.
let bush walk
let fasano walk
cut ingcognito

we aren't in a win now situation we shouldn't spend too much money in FA save it for our young guys contracts/ FA when we are a couple pieces away from the playoffs.

if Andy Levitre (BUF) - OG some how hits the market id sign him to a 5-6 year deal on the spot, hes very good at pass blocking and good at run blocking, he's able to slide out to the T in pinches as he has for the bills. but I doubt that he makes to the open market.

if not leveitre we sign brandon moore G NYJ- hes 33 year old G, but a bridge player until we have a young guy to take over for him.

dustin keller NYJ- we kill two birds with one stone, one we get athletic TE that catches well, and two our D doesn't have to face him lol

now the draft

1. justin hunter wr, Tennessee- waste no time at all this is a must, defenses have figured out with our wr's we can only do short routes with hunter they should back up and open the underneath routes

2 .Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia- gotta replace Long so we take Oday a very good pass blocker and has improved his run blocking this season.

2.Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina- our G's have been horrid this season as neither fit the zone blocking scheme, cooper has been talked about best use in a ZBS

2. Omoregie Uzzi, G, Georgia Tech- both G's were horrid, Uzzi has been labeled as a perfect G for the ZBS because of his mobility

3. Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama- i don't trust daniel thomas, and i havent seen a good enough sample size of miller.

3.Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington- first defensive pick- a pick to push talib if not take the job

3. Tevin Reese, WR, Baylor- need wr's to run our offense effectively and speed.

4. James Gayle*, DE, Virginia Tech- need more athleticism on our d-line

5. Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State- broke his leg last season thats why he fell so far but hes a ball hawk and its what this defence needs

6. Caleb Sturgis, K, Florida- I've seen enough from the hippie

7.Alex Carder, QB, Western Michigan-developmental qb

also this is my first time making a full mock draft please let me know if the players i selected are off/ way off, I based this of Walters football projections as im not a big college ball watcher.

offence
QB: Tanny, devlin, carder
RB: Miller, Thomas, Lacy, Thigpen
WR: Hunter, Hartline, Bess, Reese
TE: Keller, Egnew/Clay
LT: Aboushi, Yeatman
OG: Moore, Cooper
C: Pouncy, Samuda
OG: Uzzi, Jerry
RT:Martin, Garner
---------------------------

Defence
LDE: Wake/Gayle
DT: Starks/ Randall
DT: Odrick/ Alexsih
RDE: Vernon,(player)
LOLB: Kevin Burnett/Josh Kaddu
MLB: Dansby/Jason Trusnik
ROLB: Misi/ (player)
CB: Smith/Marshall
FS: Jimmy Wilson
SS: Jones/ philip thomas
CB: Talib, stanford, Trufant
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some of that above ^^^ is wishful thinking, but if everything actually worked out like that, I wouldn't complain.

Here's my scenario, as real or pie-in-the-sky as it looks:

Don't resign:

Bush
Fasano
Long
Starks

Sign:

Andre Smith (RT)
Mike Wallace
other cheap parts for depth

Try Jonathan Martin at LT.

Draft

1. Bjoern Werner, DE, FSU
2. Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
2. Joe Fuoria, TE, UCLA
3. C. Hamilton, WR, Arkansas
3. O. Uzzi, OG, Georgia Tech

That's a little taste of what I'd like.
bigmark76

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
I think some of that above ^^^ is wishful thinking, but if everything actually worked out like that, I wouldn't complain.

Here's my scenario, as real or pie-in-the-sky as it looks:

Don't resign:

Bush
Fasano
Long
Starks

Sign:

Andre Smith (RT)
Mike Wallace
other cheap parts for depth

Try Jonathan Martin at LT.

Draft

1. Bjoern Werner, DE, FSU
2. Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
2. Joe Fuoria, TE, UCLA
3. C. Hamilton, WR, Arkansas
3. O. Uzzi, OG, Georgia Tech

That's a little taste of what I'd like.

yea it its . i did it at 4 in the morning when i couldn't sleep im surprised it somewhat makes sense Laughing
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one is going to pay the salary for Long and give up a 2nd and 3rd

Love the Keller pick up.

If we traded Davis because of attitude theres no way we bring in Talib. Hope we do though

We also need to pick up Pass Rush. Plus you took away our tank in the middle to stop the run.

If it all happened I wouldn't be upset because there are some nice pieces.
Keller
Hunter
and I do think there are some nice prospects for the OL to work with.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
No one is going to pay the salary for Long and give up a 2nd and 3rd

i was looking to get either a 2nd or 3rd round pick in exchange for long

the team that traded for long only gave up a 2nd
the extra third came from trading soliai

from what i understand they traded Davis because he was overweight and out of shape for the second straight season. i could be wrong tough but thats what i heard. also Talib according to his teammates in bucs land said hes never had issues with his teammates. i could be wrong or maybe i missed something.

as far as our tank is he really worth almost 6 mil to be just a run stuffer? personally I don't. I think we downgrade in defending the run a little not by too much though but we upgrade in pass rush ability, for the most part soliai on pass plays we were play 10 vs 11 players because soliai has no pass rush ability. with the very few snaps ive seen of vernon (including special teams plays) he has a nice jump off the ball and i think he'd compliment wake well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: