Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

No QB Worth #1, What do we do
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If not QB, then who?
Star Lotulelei
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Jarvis Jones
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Manti Te'o
65%
 65%  [ 13 ]
Damontre Moore
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Luke Joeckel
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Other (Please Specify)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
I know we're not supposed to post pics of members, but I thought it was time to reveal nic to the world, from his FB account...

Bigs, no one will ever be able to confirm this as you are my only FB friend. And I am talking about Facebook and not Furry Bear so don't get excited.

Laughing

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
I know we're not supposed to post pics of members, but I thought it was time to reveal nic to the world, from his FB account...

wait... you joined the world of facebook?

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Rearviewmirror"]
bigschmadt00 wrote:

Laughing

RVM ~ LOL. Actually bigs is confused - he found a box of old family pics in the attic with FB etched on the lid. I don't have the heart to tell him it really stands for Farkle Bigschmadt. Crazy grandpappy Farkle!

Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="nicfre2011"]
Rearviewmirror wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

Laughing

RVM ~ LOL. Actually bigs is confused - he found a box of old family pics in the attic with FB etched on the lid. I don't have the heart to tell him it really stands for Farkle Bigschmadt. Crazy grandpappy Farkle!

This made me laugh haha, so weird.

ANYWAYS 2 things about Star:

1- Star Lotulelei worries me. He failed college early in his career due to academics. Now I know this happens more often than people think, but it is still a negative.

2- His motor. Bucky Brooks actually wrote a great piece on this recently. He lacks effort. This kid is SCREAMING pay me, then I wont play hard. I could see him being a very poor mans Haynesworth. He will dominate when he wants to, but will carry a bad attitude anywhere he goes. And that is most likely why Oakland will end up taking him. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:

Good lord no. I haven't gotten my barcode tattoo, RFI skin tag, or state issued iphone either.

I did buy some stock in it though, so carry on. Laughing

^ryknowssd on the sig
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
And let's just say we trade for Smith, that would allow us to take a value player in the 1st, and someone like EJ Manuel in the 2nd, or yes, even Barkley. Smith and Barkley are similar as passing QB's (Smith is way more athletic IMO), so the same offense could be used and implemented with no real adjusting between the two when and if a change is needed.

Note to self: "Facts are now referred to as "Bigs opinions".

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we go BPA in the first and QB at the top of the second - I want the A&M pass rushing beast and then give me Glennon at the top of the 2nd.

Manuel is a guy that I think needs a long term NFL development. I don't see him as a natural QB - it looks like his throwing motion is so forced through learning. I'm not sure how I can relate that impression other than to say it looks clumsy and put together. He has McNabb like potential but needs to sit awhile to get there and that in my opinion isn't a good fit for this teams needs.

I'm not sure how I'd feel if Barkley was there vs Glennon. In the 2nd round I can better accept Barkley's physical limitations vs some of his peers. I think I'd still take Glennon.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
If we go BPA in the first and QB at the top of the second - I want the A&M pass rushing beast and then give me Glennon at the top of the 2nd.

Manuel is a guy that I think needs a long term NFL development. I don't see him as a natural QB - it looks like his throwing motion is so forced through learning. I'm not sure how I can relate that impression other than to say it looks clumsy and put together. He has McNabb like potential but needs to sit awhile to get there and that in my opinion isn't a good fit for this teams needs.

I'm not sure how I'd feel if Barkley was there vs Glennon. In the 2nd round I can better accept Barkley's physical limitations vs some of his peers. I think I'd still take Glennon.

I was thinking about this in the morning. What about taking BPA in the first round and grabbing our developmental qb in the second? I know people are going to flip out and say that first round qb's are the only way to get a good one, but that simply isn't true. The fact is Pioli effed up MAJOR by not getting RGIII or Tannehill in this years draft. Now with a new F.O going to be in place, they shouldn't have the burden of grabbing a QB just to please the fans. If a DE, OLB, CB, WR, are rated a lot higher than a qb for where we are slotted then there is no question we need to go in another direction. Also, as I have previously stated in another thread, I wouldn't be opposed to taking multiple quarterbacks in this years draft.

IE- 1) Jarvis Jones 2)Mike Glennon 3)Landry Jones

Obviously names will rise and fall until draft day but I am just providing an example.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
And let's just say we trade for Smith, that would allow us to take a value player in the 1st, and someone like EJ Manuel in the 2nd, or yes, even Barkley. Smith and Barkley are similar as passing QB's (Smith is way more athletic IMO), so the same offense could be used and implemented with no real adjusting between the two when and if a change is needed.

Everything I say is fact, but I can understand how that's not fully understood by the masses, so I try to keep the peace by saying "in my opinion" to not ruffle any feathers.

^ryknowssd on the sig
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

Everything I say is fact, but I can understand how that's not fully understood by the masses, so I try to keep the peace by saying "in my opinion" to not ruffle any feathers.

Well then try using "IMO" on a statement that's not quite so universally known, such as "Johnny Football is a better college QB than Vince Young, IMO".

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

Well then try using "IMO" on a statement that's not quite so universally known, such as "Johnny Football is a better college QB than Vince Young, IMO".

Seriously? are you talking about the bolded statement on Barkley's atheticism that you quoted? the one that has a big fat "IMO" in it - also bolded?

I'm confused by this whole tangent off topic string.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why? You're not going to find anyone who thinks Barkley is a better athlete than Alex Smith.

Just so there's no more confusion...I assumed it's more of a FACT that Smith is more athletic than Barkley in which case there is no reason for Bigs to add "IMO", since it's more of a fact than opinion. Therefore, the joke is that since Bigs followed a fact with, "IMO", that any facts are now referred to as "Bigs opinions".

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

Seriously? are you talking about the bolded statement on Barkley's atheticism that you quoted? the one that has a big fat "IMO" in it - also bolded?

I'm confused by this whole tangent off topic string.

don't worry Rage's sense of humor is lost on 98% of the people he comes across.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
bigballin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our line is still bad and we dont know if Branden Albert will be back. The BPA at #1 at the most valuable position is easily LUKE JOECKEL.

#1 Luke Joeckel

#33 Aaron Murray- I think he is the steal of the draft, basically Matt Barkley with a stronger arm and better leader/winner.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigballin wrote:
Our line is still bad and we dont know if Branden Albert will be back. The BPA at #1 at the most valuable position is easily LUKE JOECKEL.

#1 Luke Joeckel

#33 Aaron Murray- I think he is the steal of the draft, basically Matt Barkley with a stronger arm and better leader/winner.

The thing is, we will know if Albert is going to be with us for at a minimum of a year (franchise tag) or long if we sign him to an extension. Free Agency is before the draft so we will hopefully know what glaring holes we have - if any prior to the draft. But you are right, I do think Joeckel is a quality prospect for sure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: