Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

No QB Worth #1, What do we do
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If not QB, then who?
Star Lotulelei
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Jarvis Jones
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Manti Te'o
65%
 65%  [ 13 ]
Damontre Moore
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Luke Joeckel
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Other (Please Specify)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

Author Message
kylecumberland


Joined: 04 Feb 2008
Posts: 1161
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAVON AUSTIN! 344 yards in tonights game...and its not even over yet....Austin is the stud at WV, not Geno.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6560
Location: SC
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
TAVON AUSTIN! 344 yards in tonights game...and its not even over yet....Austin is the stud at WV, not Geno.


I was just coming in here to post that if we draft Geno Smith in round 1 we better grab Austin in round 2! Holgerson better try and find himself a defense next year or it doesn't matter how high powered of an offense he fields.
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kylecumberland


Joined: 04 Feb 2008
Posts: 1161
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait...that 344 was rushing yards! WTH?....he ONLY had 84 yards receiving and then another 146 kick return yards!! That is ridiculous.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigschmadt00


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10887
Location: 500 miles East of Sack City!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
Wait...that 344 was rushing yards! WTH?....he ONLY had 84 yards receiving and then another 146 kick return yards!! That is ridiculous.

He single-handidly destroyed OU. Straight embarrassed guys repeatedly coming out of the backfield as a RB.

Stedman Bailey also torched them repeatedly.

WVU had like 4 drives of 4 plays or less for TD's. It was like watching Madden.

OU won btw, didn't mean to sound like WVU won.

Geno definitely looked better this game then he has the past few weeks. I'd still rather trade down to try and get him or Wilson a few picks later.
_________________

^ryknowssd on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigschmadt00


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10887
Location: 500 miles East of Sack City!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star is looking very Tyson like tonight. Apparently no one wants to be the #1 pick. Can we get some kind of voucher to use the #1 in two years when Manziel comes out. Laughing
_________________

^ryknowssd on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shanekc88


Joined: 02 Mar 2007
Posts: 294
Location: CALIFORNIA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No QB. Cool that's out of the way I have been saying it all year not a QB class. te'o should be our pick. He brings everything to the position. Someone said its because of Nix. I call bs, So far i have watched every snap of his college career and he makes plays sideline to sideline and he will die trying. He's a leader and I will say he is already better than belcher,without playing a NFL down.

If the Niners can make it to the NFC championship game with Alex smith then we can to with a regular QB.

We have no depth at linebacker. te'o needs to improve on block shedding but he takes great angles. Plays with fire and passion, above average coverage skills for a MLB in college football. He's no Ray Lewis but he is in my opinion the best linebacker in the nation. So I don't want a [inappropriate/removed] top tier QB when I can get arguably the best defensive player in the draft
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Piquel


Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Posts: 541
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shanekc88 wrote:
If the Niners can make it to the NFC championship game with Alex smith then we can too with a regular QB.



I doubt we could make it to the NFC championship game, even with a HOF QB Laughing
_________________
Troy Brown wrote:
It's NFL general. I said something so that means everything I didn't include in my post is 100 percent true.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kylecumberland


Joined: 04 Feb 2008
Posts: 1161
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good point...how good with this team be with an above average QB? I would say very good. But when you have by far the worst QB in the league that is a big problem. that is what we have had since trent green left. Despite how bad the QB class is this year I am sure those guys are all at least GOOD quarterbacks. I say we trade down for Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson and then somehow trade back up to get Tavon Austin. The more I think about this the more I Think a fast WR who creates separation might be the 2nd biggest need behind QB, and that is even if Bowe stays. would love to trade the number 1 pick and somehow end up with 2 top 20 picks and take Tyler Wilson and Tavon Austin. The offense is the weak link. As bad as MLB and CB are the defense can still hold their own as they are. The offense has to score points...besides we can find an ILB in the 2nd or third round and a corner in free agency.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6560
Location: SC
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
That is a good point...how good with this team be with an above average QB? I would say very good. But when you have by far the worst QB in the league that is a big problem. that is what we have had since trent green left. Despite how bad the QB class is this year I am sure those guys are all at least GOOD quarterbacks. I say we trade down for Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson and then somehow trade back up to get Tavon Austin. The more I think about this the more I Think a fast WR who creates separation might be the 2nd biggest need behind QB, and that is even if Bowe stays. would love to trade the number 1 pick and somehow end up with 2 top 20 picks and take Tyler Wilson and Tavon Austin. The offense is the weak link. As bad as MLB and CB are the defense can still hold their own as they are. The offense has to score points...besides we can find an ILB in the 2nd or third round and a corner in free agency.


Markus Wheaton.
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigschmadt00


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10887
Location: 500 miles East of Sack City!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle, there are some good options for a speedy WR. We don't have to get someone like that by trading up. Granted, Austin has been amazing, but so was Dexter McCluster in college, and he's not exactly shown much of that in the NFL.

There are guys like Tevin Reece from Baylor and Austin's teammate Stedman Bailey who are very good deep threats, and can be had probably in the 3rd round.
_________________

^ryknowssd on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6560
Location: SC
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Kyle, there are some good options for a speedy WR. We don't have to get someone like that by trading up. Granted, Austin has been amazing, but so was Dexter McCluster in college, and he's not exactly shown much of that in the NFL.

There are guys like Tevin Reece from Baylor and Austin's teammate Stedman Bailey who are very good deep threats, and can be had probably in the 3rd round.


Both are juniors. You think they will declare if they have a middle round grade from the advisory board?
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigschmadt00


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10887
Location: 500 miles East of Sack City!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Nevermind. No they most likely will not be coming out as 3rd rounders. Maybe Bailey since Geno is leaving, but unlikely. I thought they were both seniors.
_________________

^ryknowssd on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kylecumberland


Joined: 04 Feb 2008
Posts: 1161
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think Austin is special. McCluster is more of a slot receiver. I see Austin being the complement to Bowe on the outside. Besides McCluster made his hay as a running back in college, and was not, and is still not polished as a route runner. Austin has been receiver his whole college career and is a very polished route runner, it won't be a project like trying to switch dexters positions was. You can plug him in right away. I really think a wide receiver that creates is prolly our 2nd biggest need outside of QB. Even with Shaun Smith, Javier Arenas, and Jovan Belcher starting, our defense is still holding their own.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigschmadt00


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10887
Location: 500 miles East of Sack City!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
I just think Austin is special. McCluster is more of a slot receiver. I see Austin being the complement to Bowe on the outside. Besides McCluster made his hay as a running back in college, and was not, and is still not polished as a route runner. Austin has been receiver his whole college career and is a very polished route runner, it won't be a project like trying to switch dexters positions was. You can plug him in right away. I really think a wide receiver that creates is prolly our 2nd biggest need outside of QB. Even with Shaun Smith, Javier Arenas, and Jovan Belcher starting, our defense is still holding their own.

Well, I think there are good enough options alter. Keep in mind we've spent a 4th on Wylie, a 1st on Baldwin, and a 2nd on Dex in the last 3 drafts. I'd be OK with another 3rd, or maybe 2nd if we lose Bowe. Maybe Austin is still around in the 3rd like some are predicting (I personally think he'll go early 2nd at the latest), I'm all about it.
_________________

^ryknowssd on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arrowhead86


Joined: 07 Dec 2004
Posts: 4333
Location: Kansas City
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
I just think Austin is special. McCluster is more of a slot receiver. I see Austin being the complement to Bowe on the outside. Besides McCluster made his hay as a running back in college, and was not, and is still not polished as a route runner. Austin has been receiver his whole college career and is a very polished route runner, it won't be a project like trying to switch dexters positions was. You can plug him in right away. I really think a wide receiver that creates is prolly our 2nd biggest need outside of QB. Even with Shaun Smith, Javier Arenas, and Jovan Belcher starting, our defense is still holding their own.

Well, I think there are good enough options alter. Keep in mind we've spent a 4th on Wylie, a 1st on Baldwin, and a 2nd on Dex in the last 3 drafts. I'd be OK with another 3rd, or maybe 2nd if we lose Bowe. Maybe Austin is still around in the 3rd like some are predicting (I personally think he'll go early 2nd at the latest), I'm all about it.


Austin looks like Percy Harvin to me in a bit slighter of a build. Plays tough but he is smaller than Harvin. I love the kid but don't see a luxury pick like that being possible right now.

And I thought some LQB's pushed themselves back up the list yesterday. Geno still looks like a #1 overall for me. Just too talented to be knocked down by how his team is playing as a whole.
_________________
Throw to score! Run to win!
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group