Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

No QB Worth #1, What do we do
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If not QB, then who?
Star Lotulelei
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Jarvis Jones
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Manti Te'o
65%
 65%  [ 13 ]
Damontre Moore
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Luke Joeckel
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Other (Please Specify)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
For purposes of trading down would it be better to get the #1 pick or #2?

I would say #2 would be easier to trade down from.

I think anyone would WANT to trade up, it just depends on the compensation. I really doubt we could get what the Skins got last year. That's simply because there are no blue chip QB's, but also because so few teams appear to be desperate for one.

Last year 4 QB's went in the 1st, and roughly half of the teams in the NFL have taken a QB in the first 2 rounds in the past 3-4 drafts.

The only teams desperate for a QB are us, Jacksonville, Arizona, and the Bills, and those last three are at least somewhat debatable. Others like the Jets, Raiders, and maybe Philly could see about taking someone depending on how the off-season goes. However, I don't see many of them willing to move up as much as ten spots for a QB in this class, at least not without great value.

In most drafts I'd say it'd be easier to trade out of a spot later, simply because usually there is a guy there you really like at #1-2 overall, and would onyl take a deal if you get blown away. In this draft, it'll all depend on what we'd be willing to accept. If someone wants to come up for Star or a pass rusher, I doubt we could get more then a swap of 1st's this year, and their 2nd, for like a move back to #6-7 with say Oakland or Buffalo. We could then realistically still land Wilson at that point, and add an early 2nd to get another solid starter out of this draft.

Bigs, don't get me wrong - my dream scenario would be to trade down a couple of spots and at a minimum get an additional second round pick AND still grab Tyler Wilson. Wilson just seems to be more of the type of quarterback we need than Smith. That being said it will all depend on what teams are in the top 10 and their projected targets.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watchin some EJ Manuel. Looks pretty good. I honesltly haven't watched that much of him. What are the knocks, because he's showing good accuracy, arm strength, above average mobility, and good decision making. Delivery looks a tad long though is the only thing I'm seeing.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Watchin some EJ Manuel. Looks pretty good. I honesltly haven't watched that much of him. What are the knocks, because he's showing good accuracy, arm strength, above average mobility, and good decision making. Delivery looks a tad long though is the only thing I'm seeing.

Ahh, bigs E.J. Manuel is pretty underrated IMO as an NFL prospect. That is the biggest knock is his delivery but that is definitely something that can be worked on at the next level. IMO he has a very solid base to work with and has the intangibles as well. He is big, strong armed as you mentioned but is also mobile and can get yards with his feet when coverage dictates.

He is the main reason I haven't been as dead set on grabbing a QB with the #1 overall pick.

He strikes me as a prospect that if given a solid coaching staff (gasp!) he could really develop into one of the better quarterbacks from the 2013 class.

All things considered he is my #3 QB prospect behind Smith and Wilson and the gap between all three all that big.

Everything I have read about Manuel has talked about him being a good student of the game, has a good grasp of the position, and is teachable. Plus he has made improvements every year he has been at FSU.

Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manti Te'O? no thank you.

Why did Manti go from a mid-late first rounder, some even said early 2nd rounder, going into this year, to a Number one overall this year? 4 words, Stephen Tuitt, and Louis Nix. Future top 10 picks on that line.

He goes from no line and good player, to legit line and top talent in the draft. Coincidence? Don't think so.

I don't want to be Carolina, they've needed DL help for a minute now and went LB too. Look where it got that defense?

We need the line. Unfortunately we don't have it. Dorsey never amounted to anything, not entirely his fault but the knee didn't help. Tyson really isn't very good. Good run defender but these days you need the pass rush. Poe has tons of poetential and is only one I have confidence in, he was abusing Pouncey on Monday night, but one player doesn't a line make. Pitoitua has a one year deal, and Bailey can't exactly be trusted.

With that in mind, I'd go either Star Lotulelei or Johnathan Hankins here. Star is Poe with great game tape against legit competition, Hankins picks up and destroys double teams on a regular basis. If we keep the 34 either player is exactly up our alley. Our LB corp is already fantastic, and imo top 2 or 3 in the league already no need to give it overkill. Draft a guy like Arthur Brown later, or even Andrew Jackson if he declares.

Of course, I'm picking QB 9 times out of 10.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno strug-a-ling early against OU. Landry on the other hand has one of the best turn and hand off's in FBS! Although what I saw was in the Pistol, so not sure how well that will translate to the NFL.

^ryknowssd on the sig
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer, I tend to agree. Te'o would be fine if we were at maybe 8 or something, and we had a decent QB, but this high, and a pretty definite hole at DE and possibly two if Tyson is cut, taking an ILB #1 is just not an option.

Star makes the most sense, and if he's not a great fit or whatever, then Moore is a great fall back option.

At this point I'd really like to see Stanzi for at least 3 games, and maybe we win 1-2 more overall to put us in the 3-5 range, where we could take any QB with some kind of value. None of the guys I've seen today have looked good, aside from Manuel.

^ryknowssd on the sig
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Barkley play today and he looked really bad. Then he got hurt....I'm Watching Geno now..he looks horrible as well......I don't want to take an ILB # 1...we need to replace belcher in a bad way, but we can do that in the 2nd or 3rd round.

It is going to be hard to pass on Jarvis Jones....i don't care if we already have houston and hali...that guy is by far the best player in the draft. you can make him fit. 3 elite pass rushers is a good thing. It comes down to Jarvis and Star for me. Star fills a bigger need, but Jones is a HOF type talent.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones has spinal stenosis, he may not play longer then 28
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Jones has spinal stenosis, he may not play longer then 28

Yeah, I mentioned that earler. That in part is why I would prefer Damontre Moore. The guy is a beast all-around.

bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
Star fills a bigger need, but Jones is a HOF type talent.

Jones makes me think of Glenn Dorsey. A blue chip player with a legit health issues that could become debilitating down the road. Maybe it never becomes anything, but I'd be very concerned.

Damontre Moore would be my preference if we want a pass rusher, and not only due to the health concern with Jones, but because I think Moore would give us a great edge run defender as well, which neither Houston or Tamba really is. He also can be a very good pass rusher from inside the tackle, so we could kick him in with Poe on the inside, and Houston and Hali on the edges, and it'd be extremely difficult for any team to stop that.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star will be on tonight. Utah plays Arizona 10:00 EST.

Syracuse senior QB Ryan Nassib has been fairly impressive when I have had a chance to catch Syracuse. When he gets in a rythm he makes some really nice throws. Very strong arm and can move around in the pocket and extend the play with his feet. He sometimes tends to fire the ball in too much but when he uses some touch he makes some really nice throws.

bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So why is it that Colin Klein isn't a legit NFL QB prospect? Seriously, I've not watched him until tonight. I don't see anything glaring that makes me think he's not.

Also, Geno has looked extremely underwhelming tonight.

^ryknowssd on the sig
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we spend yet another first round pick into our D line...I'll absolutely puke...honestly...I think my disgust will cause upchuck...

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
If we spend yet another first round pick into our D line...I'll absolutely puke...honestly...I think my disgust will cause upchuck...

I know man, I want a QB as much as anyone, but most of these guys are so unimpressive a lot here, especially recently, it really makes me nervous.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:

Me too man, but this draft lacks top talent. Reminds me of 09, but at least Star and Hankins are>>>>>>>Jackson at least

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: