Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

No QB Worth #1, What do we do
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If not QB, then who?
Star Lotulelei
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Jarvis Jones
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Manti Te'o
65%
 65%  [ 13 ]
Damontre Moore
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Luke Joeckel
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Other (Please Specify)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: No QB Worth #1, What do we do Reply with quote

OK, the word on the street is quickly becoming that there aren't very good options at QB at the top of this draft.

We all know the meh options at the position, and I would say about 70% of us are on the QB or bust train. However, if we remove QB from the equation, who should we pick?

^ryknowssd on the sig
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Te'o is the #1 player on my board.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Mikek163

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep trading back until QB becomes justifiable.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, I'll say it.

Even though I agree that you play to win the game and all, maybe playing Palko last year was the correct call, as opposed to trading for someone who was going to play us out of contention for a more guaranteed better qb in the draft.

just sayin'.

I'd go with Te'o to solidify that front 7 to a dominant force with somebody great next to DJ. It won't matter though if the defense has to be on the field for 50 minutes because the offense can't do better than a three and out every time.

That is the only other position of need that I think could be justified based on importance.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Keep trading back until QB becomes justifiable.

Wink

You jest, but you are actually IMO right on the money. The problem is, this draft is probably going to be tough to trade out of the top pick. Dream scenario is we trade down multiple times and still grab Tyler Wilson in the middle of the first round. That would take everyone hating on Wilson, and that ain't likely happening.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Logos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pull out all the stops for a trade out of #1 for current and/or future picks. Maybe trade down for best available QB or a top tier corner or safety.

If stuck at #1, has to be Te'o.
bpinsky33

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't care if we got "value". We have a number of holes. If a team wants to move from #7 to #1 and only give us a 2nd rounder that would be fine with me. Then from 7 we can see how the draft played out, if all three QBs are still there I would try and drop back again to 10/11 and see if we can pick up a 3rd round pick. Both would be "losses" in the value chart, but IMO we would still get our QB and pick up an additional 2nd and 3rd round pick.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpinsky33 wrote:
I wouldn't care if we got "value". We have a number of holes. If a team wants to move from #7 to #1 and only give us a 2nd rounder that would be fine with me. Then from 7 we can see how the draft played out, if all three QBs are still there I would try and drop back again to 10/11 and see if we can pick up a 3rd round pick. Both would be "losses" in the value chart, but IMO we would still get our QB and pick up an additional 2nd and 3rd round pick.

Because of the Washington Redskins we would get a helluva lot more than just a 2nd.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
bpinsky33 wrote:

Because of the Washington Redskins we would get a helluva lot more than just a 2nd.

There isn't an RGIII in this draft. The number 3 guy on most people's draft board hasn't dominated. The most dominate OLB/DE (jones) has an injury concern. The best all around player is a MLB a position that is under valued in the draft. If one player really sets himself apart then we can see a huge trade in our favor. Perhaps a team like Philly would give up their entire draft to get Joeckel, but that would probably drop us down too far.

I could be wrong someone might separate himself between now and the draft, but as it stands we shouldn't expect a Washington type deal.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised there was no more love for either Star or a pass rusher, or even Joeckel. All have way more value then Te'o at #1, and Star would give us a replacement for Dorsey/Tyson and 3 dominant type pass rushers could really be beneficial ala the Giants.

I picked Star because it gave the best combo of value and need IMO. I really like Te'o, but unless we go back to a 4-3, he's more of a luxury pick given his position.

I too would be all about trading back, even just once to add value to a potential reach. Even if we can go back to #3 overall and get just a 2nd out of it, that's a huge bonus to then grab a guy we really want, even if it's Wilson and a 10 spot reach.

^ryknowssd on the sig
bpinsky33

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
I'm surprised there was no more love for either Star or a pass rusher, or even Joeckel. All have way more value then Te'o at #1, and Star would give us a replacement for Dorsey/Tyson and 3 dominant type pass rushers could really be beneficial ala the Giants.

I picked Star because it gave the best combo of value and need IMO. I really like Te'o, but unless we go back to a 4-3, he's more of a luxury pick given his position.

I too would be all about trading back, even just once to add value to a potential reach. Even if we can go back to #3 overall and get just a 2nd out of it, that's a huge bonus to then grab a guy we really want, even if it's Wilson and a 10 spot reach.

Getting Star would be similar to drafting Poe. He hasn't really done anything at Utah. His draft grade is based on his size and athletic ability. While I'm OK with us drafting these type of guys, I would prefer we don't do it with the 1st or 2nd overall pick.
Rumless

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disregard anti-QB hype, acquire based Geno.

I see no problems here.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:

I see no problems here.

OK, for discussions sake, if there was no Geno, Barkley, Wilson, or even Glennon or Thomas in this draft, who would you want us to take?

^ryknowssd on the sig
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpinsky33 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

Getting Star would be similar to drafting Poe. He hasn't really done anything at Utah. His draft grade is based on his size and athletic ability. While I'm OK with us drafting these type of guys, I would prefer we don't do it with the 1st or 2nd overall pick.

Well, keep in mind Star was a JUCO transfer, so he's still learning.

And to say he hasn't done anything at Utah is a huge overstatment. Has he been a little underwhelming, sure, but the guy gets an incredible amount of attention from teams, and he still is extremely disruptive.

Check out his tape from the USC game, against one of the better teams he faced, and a Center that is regarded as 2nd rounder and a future NFL starter. Khaled Holmes gets abused every single time he's 1 on 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co-NvKnZzvw

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Rumless wrote:

I see no problems here.

OK, for discussions sake, if there was no Geno, Barkley, Wilson, or even Glennon or Thomas in this draft, who would you want us to take?

You missed one bigs - E.J. Manuel. I do like Star and my draft prospect crush (in general not necesarily just for the Chiefs) is Damontre Moore.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: