Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins release WR Jabar Gaffney
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Dolphins release WR Jabar Gaffney Reply with quote

Quote:
The #Dolphins have waived WR Jabar Gaffney. They claimed TE Kyle Miller off waivers from Indianapolis.

http://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/statuses/271034288554774528
Tom Brady Tribute
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this a case of him not being able to get healthy or did he really just not have it anymore. He had a good year last year
RealMetalFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wasn't doing too badly for us at all. Just 1 drop if I remember correctly. Had a couple catches at key moments, like the 18 yarder on what could've been the game winning drive against Buffalo. Oh well.

That right there is Catrinel Menghia, hottest woman who ever lived, soon to be Catrinel Alexander if she isn't careful.
alant_8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Rishard Mathews has stepped up in practice and the coaches see no difference between the two now so are riding with him?
phinmun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RI-SHARD!

RI-SHARD!

RI-SHARD!
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He couldn't stay healthy and he wasnt a guy that was making a difference. I think that Philbin wants to get Mathews in to try and stretch the field. I think its a good move.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately for Jabar, Charles Clay, Rishard Matthews and Marlon Moore all stepped up their games soon after Gaffney was signed. Those 3 push him off the field because Gaffney has a redundant skill set. Good player and can help a lot of teams though.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Camarillo just got released. Dude had great hands. Nothing special about him, really, but he did get us our lone win in 2007. Well, that and the rocket arm of Cleo Lemon.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Greg Camarillo just got released. Dude had great hands. Nothing special about him, really, but he did get us our lone win in 2007. Well, that and the rocket arm of Cleo Lemon.

I think the Saints picked him.

Would not mind picking him up at all though, maybe in the offseason for a 1 year deal.
phinmun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching Hartline for a few seasons now my mind had melded he and Camarillo into the same, slow, reliable white-ish dude.
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
After watching Hartline for a few seasons now my mind had melded he and Camarillo into the same, slow, reliable white-ish dude.

this
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13 and '14
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
Dolphin Dave

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect timing. He will now resign with the Patriots just long enough to give them the inside scoop on our offense.

frankmoore wrote:
The hero doesn't always ride off into the sunset with the girl, sometimes he ends up on the wrong end of the lightsaber.
phinmun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphin Dave wrote:
Perfect timing. He will now resign with the Patriots just long enough to give them the inside scoop on our offense.

HAHHAHAHA

PLEASE, let the Patriots start to resemble us.

I'd feel A LOT better about December, lol! Laughing Laughing
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:

I got all kinds of flak when I called Hartline out for what he was after that big game against the Cards. Everyone wanted thought the Fins receiving prayers were answered. Hartline is what he is, safe. He is not dependable in the sense of a #2 WR. He realistically is a #4 because I consider a #3 as someone who plays the slot. Bess is a #3, this team does not have a #1 or #2.
phinmun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
phinmun wrote:

I got all kinds of flak when I called Hartline out for what he was after that big game against the Cards. Everyone wanted thought the Fins receiving prayers were answered. Hartline is what he is, safe. He is not dependable in the sense of a #2 WR. He realistically is a #4 because I consider a #3 as someone who plays the slot. Bess is a #3, this team does not have a #1 or #2.

Agree. I thought Hartline had more speed which is why I talked more highly of him earlier.

I'll admit my vision of Brian Hartline was a little off. He's shown that he lacks the ability to separate consistently.

With such a severe lack of players, I see us in a similar situation to last season when we basically knew that Tannehill was the pick. We just needed a QB too badly. It'll be WR this year, no matter how we debate things in here. We all know it'll be Hunter, Woods or Allen.

I prefer Woods.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: