Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

R2B's 1st Mock, 4 rounds.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: R2B's 1st Mock, 4 rounds. Reply with quote

Free Agents Signed-

Terrence Knighton NT- Will start at NT next to Vickerson. My favorite signing. Help stop the bleeding against the run. I only think we had a good run defense last year because we usually got a lead. Our middle defense was a weakness.

Wes Welker WR- We have a slot receiver now. Solid considering how cheap we got him for I guess. Didn't think we needed him.

Stewart Bradley MLB- Will compete with Nate Irving and Steven Johnson to start at Middle Linebacker. Was solid for the Eagles. Sucked for Arizona. He's better than Keith Brooking. I'm penciling him in as the starter for now but I think Irving can beat him out.

Louis Vasquez RG- Kuper is 30, injury risk, and he's overrated. Great pass protector and decent run blocker.

Draft-

1st round #28- Eddie Lacy RB Alabama- McGahee is old. And he was injured. I don't really trust Moreno and Hillman can't carry the load. He and Hillman would be a nice combo going forward. If we lose Elvis Dumervil, I would change this pick to Damontre Moore.

2nd Round #58- David Amerson CB/S N.C. State- He has the versatility to play Corner and Safety. Solid pick up. Gives us competition at the Safety Spot and/or depth at the Cornerback position.

3rd round #90- Sam Montgomery DE LSU- He could slip this far. Especially after what he said. I'd take a flier on him in the 3rd round. He doesn't have to be immediately depended on. He can add depth and can earn playing time to bolster a pass rush rotation.

4th round #122- Cobi Hamilton WR Arkansas- WR talent and depth. Intriguing prospect for the future. Solid pickup.

Offensive Starters-

QB- Peyton Manning
RB- Eddie Lacy
WR-Demaryius Thomas
WR-Eric Decker
WR- Wes Welker
TE- Joel Dressen
LT- Ryan Clady
LG- Zane Beadles
C- J.D. Walton
RG- Louis Vasquez
RT- Orlando Franklin

Defensive Starters-

LE- Derek Wolfe
NT- Terrence Knighton
DT- Kevin Vickerson
RE- Elvis Dumervil
SLB- Von Miller
MLB- Stewart Bradley
WLB- Wesley Woodyard
CB- Champ Bailey
CB- Chris Harris
FS- Rahim Moore
SS- Mike Adams
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job on your FA signings. I think the Broncos have a good chance of landing those guys.
M-High Marauder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, but I think Lacey at 28 is a big reach. He might be available in the 2nd when we pick.

Also, Harris is not a starting CB in the league right now. He is best suited for the nickel back. So there is a huge hole at the CB position.

Denver Broncos - Detroit Tigers - Michigan Wolverines
b_rent87

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see that man Montgomery falling that far. I do agree with the needs in the first three rounds. I would like this however.

#28 Kevin Minter
#58 LeVeon Bell
#90 Tyrann Mathieu

DE in the 4th
CB in the 5th

Props to Jamison on the sig

Last edited by b_rent87 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-High Marauder wrote:
I like it, but I think Lacey at 28 is a big reach. He might be available in the 2nd when we pick.

Also, Harris is not a starting CB in the league right now. He is best suited for the nickel back. So there is a huge hole at the CB position.

WUT Shocked
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobi Hamilton is my favorite of all those picks. Good depth in case by the off chance we fail to bring Decker back after this year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Good job on your FA signings. I think the Broncos have a good chance of landing those guys.

What he said.

BroncsDominate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-High Marauder wrote:

Ummmm.......did you watch our games last year?
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b_rent87 wrote:
I don't really see that man Montgomery falling that far. I do agree with the needs in the first three rounds. I would like this however.

#28 Kevin Minter
#58 LeVeon Bell
#90 Tyrann Mathieu

DE in the 4th
CB in the 5th
I don't see us going MLB in the 1st with Bradley, Irving, and Johnson all competing for the starting MLB job. LeVeon Bell just doesn't do it for me. I know Hillman is our speed guy but Bell is such a plodder.

I also think Mathieu isn't worth #90.
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-High Marauder wrote:

Guy was a top 10 cornerback last year, and most his snaps came from the outside, slid in on nickel situations. He's darn near elite as both a nickel, and outside corner.

How many times do I have to educate people on him?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-High Marauder wrote:

I wouldnt draft a rb until mid to lae round. Not a good class or even avg. Its just not worth it imo.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
M-High Marauder wrote:

Guy was a top 10 cornerback last year, and most his snaps came from the outside, slid in on nickel situations. He's darn near elite as both a nickel, and outside corner.

Apparently at least one more. Confused

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
b_rent87 wrote:

#28 Kevin Minter
#58 LeVeon Bell
#90 Tyrann Mathieu

DE in the 4th
CB in the 5th
I don't see us going MLB in the 1st with Bradley, Irving, and Johnson all competing for the starting MLB job. LeVeon Bell just doesn't do it for me. I know Hillman is our speed guy but Bell is such a plodder.

I also think Mathieu isn't worth #90.
that's what I would like to see. Bell is the second best back in this draft to me and none of those lb should start. And tyrann will be a beast in this league

Props to Jamison on the sig
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
M-High Marauder wrote:

I wouldnt draft a rb until mid to lae round. Not a good class or even avg. Its just not worth it imo.

I disagree...I think Lacey is going to be studly. I simply like the way he ran against a really good Notre Dame defense. He rolled them.

He is quick, durable, and big.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
M-High Marauder wrote:

Apparently you'll have to educate John Elway and John Fox because they've let it be known to multiple people in the media that a CB to start outside opposite Champ is their #1 priority. Why do you think we're looking DRC and Aso?

b_rent87 wrote:
I would like this however.

#28 Kevin Minter
#58 LeVeon Bell
#90 Tyrann Mathieu

DE in the 4th
CB in the 5th

No. We don't have enough of a need for MLB so taking Minter at #28 is a waste since we'd be spending a first on a player who would see only 1/3 of the snaps.

Bell I like.

Tyrann Mathieu no thank you. Bringing a kid with pot smoking issues to a state that just legalized it, and the NFL will be testing him like crazy for it given his history, is an arrest and subsequent embarrassment and distraction to the team waiting to happen.

And why take a DE in the 4th or a CB in the 5th if the value isn't there? Why pigeonhole yourself in to picking a predetermined position in a specified round.

Thank God some of you don't run the Broncos.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: