Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cribbs shooting his mouth off... again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

So you are saying since last year when he was arguably our most dependable receiver until training camp he declined to the point that he lost his job and it's all his fault?

He was our most reliable receiver, but he is also a limited talent and a limited ceiling guy.

His peak, I believe, is probably a 400 yard, 4-5 touchdown receiver.

I'd rather we play Benjamin, Little and Gordon and let them learn how to play football then give their playing time to a guy who will never develop into an elite weapon.

The problem that Little and Gordon have is they don't have a lot of in game experience, playing Cribbs would not help with that.

Well last year Cribbs played beyond your ceiling of him...With Colt McCoy throwing him the ball. Do you remember those plays where Cribbs was wide open down the field and the ball never got close? I do.

Gordon and Little would remain the #1 and #2 receivers. Benjamin has 9 catches on the year, about one per game. I think this is just an acclamation year for him, and that should continue. I'm only saying what I think is best for the team to win games this year and beyond, and I believe that is Cribbs getting more touches on offense.

I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with me, but I have to express what I see, and that's what I see.

Also, I adopted him. I do have complaints about him as an adopted son, but maybe I misunderstood that whole process.

Dude should call home more, sheesh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At his best cribbs is an average NFL WR

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Cribbs shooting his mouth off... again Reply with quote

JCBrowns21 wrote:
pastordawg wrote:
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/11/cleveland_browns_josh_cribbs_i_3.html#incart_river#incart_2box

Quote:
Cleveland Browns' Josh Cribbs tells Plain Dealer: 'I feel caged' because of lack of opportunities on offense

I wish that he would just quit going to the media every chance he gets. I will not argue that Mary Kay is probably goading him into some of these quotes, but he has to be professional enough to keep his mouth shut on the record.

Jerrod Cherry was calling for his suspension for conduct detrimental to the team. And I really can't argue, as he continues to undermine the coaching staff. He may be speaking truth, but you don't do it this way...

Put yourself in his shoes. He's frustrated and facing some realities. Contract is up at he end of the year. New President, known for letting popular veterans walk. Coach is a lame duck. He's trying to let this FO and other teams know that he's still a playmaker. Plus he's a media darling and when that favorable "re-sign Cribbs" article comes out in the PD after the season, you'll understand that this was a well placed comment.

This seems like a move by his agent to blame the lame duck coach for Cribbs under-utilization. Again, could just be genuine frustration with a coach with little imagination of how to use the talent on his roster.

Wish I could put myself in his shoes.

He's made a crap ton of money the last 3 years for doing nearly nothing.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
So you are saying since last year when he was arguably our most dependable receiver until training camp he declined to the point that he lost his job and it's all his fault?

All I'm saying is their is a reason he's not starting, he couldn't beat out the guys ahead of him. A coach with his job on the line is going to play the best players he can, so if Cribbs isn't seeing the field it's likely that he isn't showing up very well in practice and the coaches feel the other guys offer us a better chance at winning

I could be wrong, but that's just how I look at it. He never really has beat anyone out for a WR position and we've had some awful receiving corps over the years. To me that speaks volumes to how mediocre he is at the position. I don't question his work ethic or desire, but for him to be in the league this long and to never cement himself into the starting lineup tells me he's just not very good and hasn't shown any coaches that he's a capable starter

If I'm being honest, this sounds like him trying to showcase some sort of extra tape of him at the WR position to lure a team into picking him up in FA, because I don't think we'll be resigning him

Last edited by TeHDruiD on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: Cribbs shooting his mouth off... again Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
JCBrowns21 wrote:
pastordawg wrote:
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/11/cleveland_browns_josh_cribbs_i_3.html#incart_river#incart_2box

Quote:
Cleveland Browns' Josh Cribbs tells Plain Dealer: 'I feel caged' because of lack of opportunities on offense

I wish that he would just quit going to the media every chance he gets. I will not argue that Mary Kay is probably goading him into some of these quotes, but he has to be professional enough to keep his mouth shut on the record.

Jerrod Cherry was calling for his suspension for conduct detrimental to the team. And I really can't argue, as he continues to undermine the coaching staff. He may be speaking truth, but you don't do it this way...

Put yourself in his shoes. He's frustrated and facing some realities. Contract is up at he end of the year. New President, known for letting popular veterans walk. Coach is a lame duck. He's trying to let this FO and other teams know that he's still a playmaker. Plus he's a media darling and when that favorable "re-sign Cribbs" article comes out in the PD after the season, you'll understand that this was a well placed comment.

This seems like a move by his agent to blame the lame duck coach for Cribbs under-utilization. Again, could just be genuine frustration with a coach with little imagination of how to use the talent on his roster.

Hater level: Advanced

The man has given everything he has his entire career. Whether that is enough to justify his salary to you or any of us is irrelevant.
Productiondawg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom line to me is we can't have it both ways. We complain about the lack of talent at WR, we make can upgrade in Gordon and we still may need more. If we make these upgrades than somebody loses snaps. In this case the one that loses snaps is the guy with the lowest ceiling. Sorry Cribbs that's you. We can't complain about how our receivers suck than expect those same receivers to continue to make the team and get playing time.

Also, if you do want more playing time, don't talk about it to the media, make a freakin play when you have an opportunity. That's why Gordon is a starter now.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
JCBrowns21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Cribbs shooting his mouth off... again Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
JCBrowns21 wrote:
pastordawg wrote:

Quote:

Hater level: Advanced

The man has given everything he has his entire career. Whether that is enough to justify his salary to you or any of us is irrelevant.

FSU - Cribbs stats may not blow anyone away, but this is the same guy who was once the heart and soul of this team. He's taken a couple major blows, like the scare he had earlier this season so don't belittle him like he just stands there and collects a check.

At one point Cribbs WAS the Browns and the hope of the city after you know who went to South Beach. Find it ironic that now some want him gone, when clearly all he wants is to stay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: