Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cribbs shooting his mouth off... again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard this song and dance before. Let's let the man's journey in Cleveland end after this season. At this point, the Josh Cribbs story in Cleveland is just monotonous.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:

Classy response with the unneeded silly name calling.

not needed man

Dropkick_pride wrote:

You are assuming that the fault lies with Cribbs for not following Shurmur's leadership, and I looking at the situation from a neutral view point acknowledging that there is fault that lies with both.

I assumed nothing. Shurmur's policy is well known. Players don't talk about team issues to the media. Cribbs didn't listen.

Dropkick_pride wrote:

As for the coach failing, I think you and Collin Powell have different views on what a leaders roles and responsibilities are.

That is your opinion, AND a non-football opinion regarding my personal views. It also was a negative opinion regarding my personal views and therefore a personal attack. But I'm not made of glass and didn't fell the need to either contact a mod or try call you out for it at the time you did it. I chose to play it off as a joke and use some humor with the obviously silly Sillyhead McSilly remark that was CLEARLY aimed at your view and not your person. The difference is simple… "your views are silly" is much more respectful than "your views are not shared by very patriotic individuals"

Dropkick_pride wrote:

However, him saying that he has talked to Shurmur but that it was pointless is a big problem. What's that Collin Powell quote? "Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you stopped leading them. They have lost their confidence in you or see that you don't care..." Or something close that.

I want my CO to give me a promotion from E-5 to E-9...I've asked him several times, but he said no...I stopped asking him, so that makes him a significant part of the reason that I am not an E-9

...get real dude

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Cribbs had approached Shurmur before with his problem but no longer will as Cribbs does not believe that Shurmur has his best interests at heart. There is clearly a break in the trust between these two, and the responsibility more than likely rests in both of their laps.

Responsibility for what? Cribbs' not having enough talent to be better? Cribbs being unrealistic? Did you read what he actually said?

Tell us exactly what Shurur should do? Talk to him? He did...the answer was "no"...now what? Talk to him again? Answer is still "no"...umm...should he keep doing it until the answer is yes?

Explain exactly what part of Cribbs' "problem" could be Shurmur's responsibility...

See, I just can't imagine, realistically, how anyone other than those biased against Shurmur, would include him as "at fault" in this.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we can sign Josh back for cheap next year. Maybe like 1 mil a year or something.

He doesn't have a huge spark on offense, but he's easily our best special teamer outside of Phil.

Not just returning, but gunning. Seems like he's always making the tackle.

However he needs to stop bitching to the media before he wears out his welcome. Not many teams if any would give him much money next year.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
bulldog

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
I hope we can sign Josh back for cheap next year. Maybe like 1 mil a year or something.

He doesn't have a huge spark on offense, but he's easily our best special teamer outside of Phil.

However he needs to stop bitching to the media before he wears out his welcome. Not many teams if any would give him much money next year.

every team wants a great special team player. Its a fact of the game that the general fan overlooks. Its why we kept Gibson instead of Sims during cuts. Problem is, these special team players (at least the coverage guys) make vet minimum.

He's obviously a great special teams player, like you said, not just on returns but on coverage units as well. So i guess it depends on how much the new FO values in ability as a coverage player, return man, and WR. Individually.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

every team wants a great special team player. Its a fact of the game that the general fan overlooks. Its why we kept Gibson instead of Sims during cuts. Problem is, these special team players (at least the coverage guys) make vet minimum.

He's obviously a great special teams player, like you said, not just on returns but on coverage units as well. So i guess it depends on how much the new FO values in ability as a coverage player, return man, and WR. Individually.

Price matters as well.

If he wants 3 mil a year, I think that may be too much.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
bulldog

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
bulldog wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

Price matters as well.

If he wants 3 mil a year, I think that may be too much.

Its does, for sure. the problem with the money is that coverage guys don't make much. Return guys make a fair amount of money. 5th string WR's usually don't make much.

So, do you pay him as a 5th string WR/coverage guy or as a Return man?
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: hmmmm Reply with quote

I think Cribbs is trying to get booted off the team.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
I think Cribbs is trying to get booted off the team.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Could be.

He's obviously upset and frustrated over his severe decline in opportunities on offense. Can't say I blame him.
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cribbs is a shell of his former self. He was a great returner/ST guy, but to me he's just another guy now. He's been in the league several years and never developed into a WR, he has no one to blame but himself
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
Cribbs is a shell of his former self. He was a great returner/ST guy, but to me he's just another guy now. He's been in the league several years and never developed into a WR, he has no one to blame but himself

How many years has he played WR with a legitimate QB?

2010 was the first year he played a significant amount of time at WR and he was the 4th option behind MoMass, Robiske and Stuckey. Last year had 1 less touchdown than all of our other WR's combined. He was our 2nd leading receiver with 41 catches and 518 yards. That was with Colt at QB, not ideal for any receiver. He did that while pulling double duty on special teams.

We do have more "talent" at the position now, theoretically. I'd still trust his hands over any of our other receivers. Benjamin, MoMass (injury) Norwood, Cooper or whoever you want to call our 3rd receiver is well behind the pace Cribbs set last year.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

2010 was the first year he played a significant amount of time at WR and he was the 4th option behind MoMass, Robiske and Stuckey. Last year had 1 less touchdown than all of our other WR's combined. He was our 2nd leading receiver with 41 catches and 518 yards. That was with Colt at QB, not ideal for any receiver. He did that while pulling double duty on special teams.

We do have more "talent" at the position now, theoretically. I'd still trust his hands over any of our other receivers. Benjamin, MoMass (injury) Norwood, Cooper or whoever you want to call our 3rd receiver is well behind the pace Cribbs set last year.

I didn't expect that post to be popular, but just my honest opinion. The fact he can't beat out any of our current receivers has nothing to do with who he's had at QB and everything to do with his lack of development as a WR

I like the guy and always will, but the facts are very clear. I have no problem with him speaking out about the subject, but at the end of the day it's on him
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

I didn't expect that post to be popular, but just my honest opinion. The fact he can't beat out any of our current receivers has nothing to do with who he's had at QB and everything to do with his lack of development as a WR

I like the guy and always will, but the facts are very clear. I have no problem with him speaking out about the subject, but at the end of the day it's on him

So you are saying since last year when he was arguably our most dependable receiver until training camp he declined to the point that he lost his job and it's all his fault?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I get the point that we had true (sorta) receivers coming in and we no longer needed him to be a WR so he could focus (not that it takes focus) on special teams. It just turns out that those receivers aren't ready or aren't there. Thus, making Cribbs our best option, and I see no shame in him believing that either. If I were coach he would be a situational receiver, but he would be on the field 60% of passing plays. We'd also have 3 more wins Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:

So you are saying since last year when he was arguably our most dependable receiver until training camp he declined to the point that he lost his job and it's all his fault?

He was our most reliable receiver, but he is also a limited talent and a limited ceiling guy.

His peak, I believe, is probably a 400 yard, 4-5 touchdown receiver.

I'd rather we play Benjamin, Little and Gordon and let them learn how to play football then give their playing time to a guy who will never develop into an elite weapon.

The problem that Little and Gordon have is they don't have a lot of in game experience, playing Cribbs would not help with that.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG IM GONNA STAB RYAN NASSIB IN THE FACE!!!

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: