Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cribbs shooting his mouth off... again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:

Well I think that you and Sillyhead McSilly have the same views on silliness.

Entropy, this adds nothing to the conversation, lets at least try and be reasonable and respectful in our responses.

~~

As to the debate at hand, I dont think this really says anything about Shurmur and instead says everything about Cribbs. Its not like he's the first guy in history to spout off when he should shut up.

Quote:
This is not a sign of effective leadership. There is clearly a break in the trust between these two, and the responsibility more than likely rests in both of their laps.

While I agree, there is of course the added confusion of who has actually done what. No head coach is ever going to come out and say anything about a player, unless that head coach is Rex Ryan. It's just not done. So even if Shurmur has tried to communicate with Cribbs we'll never know. Shurmur does not have a huge history of players coming out and bad mouthing him, I think we had Colt's dad and now Cribbs.

Meanwhile Cribbs has shown himself unable to resist opportunities to open his mouth and blab. At this point, I've run out of patience with him.
fte88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Cribbs complain last season that he wasn't playing enough special teams? Me thinks dude just likes to be the squeaky wheel regardless of his situation.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As to the debate at hand, I dont think this really says anything about Shurmur and instead says everything about Cribbs. Its not like he's the first guy in history to spout off when he should shut up.

This is not a sign of effective leadership. There is clearly a break in the trust between these two, and the responsibility more than likely rests in both of their laps.

While I agree, there is of course the added confusion of who has actually done what. No head coach is ever going to come out and say anything about a player, unless that head coach is Rex Ryan. It's just not done. So even if Shurmur has tried to communicate with Cribbs we'll never know. Shurmur does not have a huge history of players coming out and bad mouthing him, I think we had Colt's dad and now Cribbs.

Meanwhile Cribbs has shown himself unable to resist opportunities to open his mouth and blab. At this point, I've run out of patience with him.

I think it says something about both...

No one has enough information to lay the blame on Shurmur OR Cribbs at this point. I am certainly not blaming one or the other - but BOTH!

I think it is a reasonable assumption that Cribbs wants more playing time given his lack of production and that he is frustrated by the team's lack of success.... he feels like he could be and should be contributing more... losing tends to do that.

I also think its reasonable assumption that there is a large amount of frustration and stress on the coaching staff as well. Shurmur and the offensive staff think that Cribbs is not a good fit on offense - or at least not better than the other player options. Unfortunately it is clear that they failed to sell the ST role to Cribbs, hence (at least part of) the broken trust between Cribbs and Shurmur. This break is a real problem for a coach and it needs to be corrected quickly in order to get the best performance out of Cribbs, and also to ensure this issue does not spread to other players.

Airing grievances to the media shows really poor character in my eyes. Hopefully, Shurmur put rules in place for this sort of thing when he took over the team and this issue can be dealt with appropriately. Given the high stress environment of this team right now I doubt this is the last we see of this sort of thing if Shurmur and the staff dont clamp hard on this sort of thing now.

Last edited by Dropkick_pride on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Entropy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Entropy wrote:

Well I think that you and Sillyhead McSilly have the same views on silliness.

Entropy, this adds nothing to the conversation, lets at least try and be reasonable and respectful in our responses.

~~

Quote:

My God people, what is wrong with you? I didn't call anyone here a name. If I can't replace Colin Powell with Sillyhead McSilly ...well sheesh

But yeah, Cribbs really needs to either tone down his opinion of his offensive prowess, or start playing more like Calvin Johnson, and the really bad thing is...neither thing is likely to happen.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Quote:

Tell us why you think that?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Quote:

I think I have already in every post I made in this thread.... Question hahaha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Quote:

I think I have already in every post in this thread.... Question

Well, it’s obvious that you don't like Shumur and blamed him unnecessarily for Cribbs’ behavior....and also blamed him for anything else you could...which is fine.

I was just wondering if you were willing to discuss it. Not that I think I can change your mind or anything, but I really do enjoy debates and I have a very different opinion.

You interested in starting a thread about Shurmur's coaching?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Quote:

Well, it’s obvious that you don't like Shumur and blamed him unnecessarily for Cribbs’ behavior....and also blamed him for anything else you could...which is fine.

I was just wondering if you were willing to discuss it. Not that I think I can change your mind or anything, but I really do enjoy debates and I have a very different opinion.

You apparently are just reading what you want to... I suggest going back and rereading what I actually typed. until then, Im done with you.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Quote:

You apparently are just reading what you want to... I suggest going back and rereading what I actually typed. until then, Im done with you.

Shurmur is bad
Shurmur is not good
Shurmur is not good at leadership
Shurmur is not good at calling plays
Shurmur is not good a clock management
Shurmur is bad at coaching
Shurmur is bad at making marginal offensive players happy with being marginal offensive players

Did I get it all man? Great discussion...thanks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Quote:

Shurmur is bad
Shurmur is not good
Shurmur is bad at making marginal offensive players happy with being marginal offensive players

WTF? I dont know what your problem is. That crap isnt even in this thread, and not stuff I have said.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Quote:

Shurmur is bad
Shurmur is not good

WTF? I dont know what your problem is. That crap isnt even in this thread, and not stuff I have said.

Why do you think I have a problem? Why do think all of that stuff should be in this thread, this thread is about Cribbs, not Shurmur. You criticized Shurmur in this thread. I simply asked you if you wanted to make another thread to discuss it.

You said that I called you a name, you were wrong...you implied I wasn't being classy by posting pretty much what you did except for replacing Colin Powell with Sillyhead McSilly (which is actually funny to everyone I told it to). You blamed Shurmur for something that is clearly not his fault.

Am I wrong to assume you think the things I typed about Shurmur? See, I don't know because you said you were "done with" me.

And who needs to "chill out"?

No need to escalate man, either you want to have a discussion, or not. I'm down if you are.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I post this in every "we should cut ties" or "Cribbs flat out sucks" or "I'm sick of Cribbs" thread but...

Cribbs gives everything he has on every play. That is rare. Cribbs doesn't bring anything negative to the field. His teammates aren't going to be distracted because he wants a bigger role to help the team win. Cribbs is an old fashion Brown. I am an old fashion fan. I appreciate what Cribbs has given, and continues to give to this team.

A little part of me (very minute) would like to see him have some success elsewhere, because I'm pretty sure there are a large number of teams that would be thrilled to have him on their roster.

Has he been a productive receiver in his career? no.

Do I always get the red squiggly underline when I spell receiver? Yes.

But when the ball is thrown to him, he goes and gets it. He has above average hands. He is pretty good in the red zone (We may have a better guy there now in Gordon). He lacks top end speed, and doesn't have the quickness he had 5 years ago, and I get that. He isn't a #1 receiver. He isn't a #2 (at least on a team with decent receivers), but he can be productive. We haven't seen what he can do with Weeden throwing the football, I remember an open Cribbs a few times last season about 40 yards down the field and Colt couldn't hit him. Granted, DB's didn't have to cover anyone that far down the field with Colt, or Quinn in there, but we don't know for certain what Cribbs could add with an NFL QB (Weeden).

Rant over, congrats to anyone who completed reading it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:

Why do you think I have a problem? Why do think all of that stuff should be in this thread, this thread is about Cribbs, not Shurmur. You criticized Shurmur in this thread. I simply asked you if you wanted to make another thread to discuss it.

Cribbs statement was about Shurmur. I stated that Shurmur may share the responsibility with Cribbs for the fractured relationship, and that as the HC he should act to try and resolve the issue.

How criticizing Shurmur somehow became off limits, but criticizing Cribbs is okay is beyond me. What is also strange is that I have criticized BOTH people, yet you act like I have attacked only Shurmur?

Im perfectly happy discussing the topic in this thread, if you want to discuss what I have typed - not what you assume I think.

You said that I called you a name, you were wrong...you implied I wasn't being classy by posting pretty much what you did except for replacing Colin Powell with Sillyhead McSilly (which is actually funny to everyone I told it to).

I sad the comment was not needed. MOD said the same thing....

You blamed Shurmur for something that is clearly not his fault.

1) Im blaming BOTH Shurmur and Cribbs as both are responsible to some degree as I have stated multiple times.
2) You do not know that Shurmur carries no blame in this situation. The only thing that is clear is that Cribbs has a playing time issue and that Shurmur AND the coaching staff have not been able to sell a more limited role to Cribbs.

Am I wrong to assume you think the things I typed about Shurmur? See, I don't know because you said you were "done with" me.

Yes, you are wrong to assume those things and you DO know because I did not type any of those things and very clearly stated my opinion on BOTH people in this discussion, which had nothing to do with the garbage you posted above

And who needs to "chill out"? No need to escalate man, either you want to have a discussion, or not. I'm down if you are.

Again, I'll happily discuss the topic at hand, but only if you read and discuss my entire posts - dont jump to assumptions on half of what I typed and ignore the rest....

Last edited by Dropkick_pride on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:

Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
I post this in every "we should cut ties" or "Cribbs flat out sucks" or "I'm sick of Cribbs" thread but...

Cribbs gives everything he has on every play. That is rare. Cribbs doesn't bring anything negative to the field. His teammates aren't going to be distracted because he wants a bigger role to help the team win. Cribbs is an old fashion Brown. I am an old fashion fan. I appreciate what Cribbs has given, and continues to give to this team.

A little part of me (very minute) would like to see him have some success elsewhere, because I'm pretty sure there are a large number of teams that would be thrilled to have him on their roster.

Has he been a productive receiver in his career? no.

But when the ball is thrown to him, he goes and gets it. He has above average hands. He is pretty good in the red zone (We may have a better guy there now in Gordon). He lacks top end speed, and doesn't have the quickness he had 5 years ago, and I get that. He isn't a #1 receiver. He isn't a #2 (at least on a team with decent receivers), but he can be productive. We haven't seen what he can do with Weeden throwing the football, I remember an open Cribbs a few times last season about 40 yards down the field and Colt couldn't hit him. Granted, DB's didn't have to cover anyone that far down the field with Colt, or Quinn in there, but we don't know for certain what Cribbs could add with an NFL QB (Weeden).

Rant over, congrats to anyone who completed reading it.

This is an excellent, well thought-out, and accurate post and it is much appreciated.

and hey "i" before "e" except after "c", is what I say to myself evey time I type receiver (for real) Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: