Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cribbs shooting his mouth off... again
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pastordawg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Cribbs shooting his mouth off... again Reply with quote

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/11/cleveland_browns_josh_cribbs_i_3.html#incart_river#incart_2box

Quote:
Cleveland Browns' Josh Cribbs tells Plain Dealer: 'I feel caged' because of lack of opportunities on offense

I wish that he would just quit going to the media every chance he gets. I will not argue that Mary Kay is probably goading him into some of these quotes, but he has to be professional enough to keep his mouth shut on the record.

Jerrod Cherry was calling for his suspension for conduct detrimental to the team. And I really can't argue, as he continues to undermine the coaching staff. He may be speaking truth, but you don't do it this way...
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cribbs has shown me nothing to believe he can contribute to the offense in a meaningful way.

However, him saying that he has talked to Shurmur but that it was pointless is a big problem. What's that Collin Powell quote? "Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you stopped leading them. They have lost their confidence in you or see that you don't care..." Or something close that.

Is this a case of a failing head coach? a player that cannot accept his role in the team? Or both?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Cribbs shooting his mouth off... again Reply with quote

pastordawg wrote:
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/11/cleveland_browns_josh_cribbs_i_3.html#incart_river#incart_2box

Quote:
Cleveland Browns' Josh Cribbs tells Plain Dealer: 'I feel caged' because of lack of opportunities on offense

I wish that he would just quit going to the media every chance he gets. I will not argue that Mary Kay is probably goading him into some of these quotes, but he has to be professional enough to keep his mouth shut on the record.

Jerrod Cherry was calling for his suspension for conduct detrimental to the team. And I really can't argue, as he continues to undermine the coaching staff. He may be speaking truth, but you don't do it this way...

Put yourself in his shoes. He's frustrated and facing some realities. Contract is up at he end of the year. New President, known for letting popular veterans walk. Coach is a lame duck. He's trying to let this FO and other teams know that he's still a playmaker. Plus he's a media darling and when that favorable "re-sign Cribbs" article comes out in the PD after the season, you'll understand that this was a well placed comment.

This seems like a move by his agent to blame the lame duck coach for Cribbs under-utilization. Again, could just be genuine frustration with a coach with little imagination of how to use the talent on his roster.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Cribbs has shown me nothing to believe he can contribute to the offense in a meaningful way.

However, him saying that he has talked to Shurmur but that it was pointless is a big problem. What's that Collin Powell quote? "Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you stopped leading them. They have lost their confidence in you or see that you don't care..." Or something close that.

Is this a case of a failing head coach? a player that cannot accept his role in the team? Or both?

The case of the failing head coach? too funny...

In what world has Cribbs earned a significant role on this offense? We need to develop Gordon and Little, who both clearly outplay Cribbs at WR. Benji, Massaquoi, Cooper, and Norwood all have shown me that they are better options. Anyone disagree? If not, that makes Cribbs the 7th WR...which he is.

Perhaps Cribbs wants to lessen Weeden's reps by running more wildcat? Maybe he wants some of Richardson's reps too?

Love the guy, but for God's sake man..."caged" by the coach? He is caged by his limited ability to play offense, not by the coach.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

In what world has Cribbs earned a significant role on this offense? We need to develop Gordon and Little, who both clearly outplay Cribbs at WR. Benji, Massaquoi, Cooper, and Norwood all have shown me that they are better options. Anyone disagree? If not, that makes Cribbs the 7th WR...which he is.

Perhaps Cribbs wants to lessen Weeden's reps by running more wildcat? Maybe he wants some of Richardson's reps too?

Love the guy, but for God's sake man..."caged" by the coach? He is caged by his limited ability to play offense, not by the coach.

I don't disagree with that Cribs should not be on offense. I said that above, and I have said that many times over the past couple of years. In my opinion Cribbs hold shut his mouth with the media...

As for the coach failing, I think you and Collin Powell have different views on what a leaders roles and responsibilities are. I'm in no way bashing shurmur, just stating there is a definite issue when a player says publicly what's the point of talking to the head coach because he knows the HC won't do anything. It shows a broken relationship between the coach and the player. I learner a long time go that you never get others best if they don't believe you have their best interests at heart... Military or coaching... and Cribbs obviously doesn't believe that shurmur cares.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cribbs needs to get back to his 230 weight and we need to get creative. Have him practice his throwing and use the wildcat but with options to throw. He was such a beast before cuz he was hard to tackle, not cuz he was fast. all the weight he lost to play WR really took away his best asset.

Someone tweet this man and tell him this.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when u guys feel like your not being used properly at your job you don't say anything ?
CanaDawg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cribbs hasn't done a whole lot since "pay da man". The new rules and age have made him a less effective returner. Not many to the house in the past few years.

He really needs to just accept his role. He is an above average special teams player. I have always felt his skills as a gunner were unsung.

But he is not a high use offensive player. The only reason he was given some plays at WR is that we had none of those on the team. He wouldn't have a hope of playing that position on most other teams.

People would support him a lot more if he were just our version (albeit a bigger one) of Steve Tasker.
CanaDawg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
So when u guys feel like your not being used properly at your job you don't say anything ?

Only if I can prove the boss wrong.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This couldn't go in the other Cribbs talks too much thread from last week?

I'm gonna start a thread about everyone on the team that shows a lack of desire. Hmmmm that would be everyone besides Cribbs. Prepare for 50-some odd threads.
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:

I'm gonna start a thread about everyone on the team that shows a lack of desire. Hmmmm that would be everyone besides Cribbs. Prepare for 50-some odd threads.

Nailed it. I don't think Cribbs is pouting in the article. The dude is just upset with the coaching, it's not like we all haven't noticed some less positive stuff.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
Entropy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

I don't disagree with that Cribs should not be on offense. I said that above, and I have said that many times over the past couple of years. In my opinion Cribbs hold shut his mouth with the media...

As for the coach failing, I think you and Collin Powell have different views on what a leaders roles and responsibilities are. I'm in no way bashing shurmur, just stating there is a definite issue when a player says publicly what's the point of talking to the head coach because he knows the HC won't do anything. It shows a broken relationship between the coach and the player. I learner a long time go that you never get others best if they don't believe you have their best interests at heart... Military or coaching... and Cribbs obviously doesn't believe that shurmur cares.

Well I think that you and Sillyhead McSilly have the same views on silliness. A bad coach would cave to a player's ill-conceived opinion of himself as a better choice to play offense than the coach's decision.

Leadership means nothing to those that don't follow it. And when we run into those that aren't following leadership, we can't blame the leadership.
We blame leadership when the "orders" are followed and the result is unsuccessful. It is a fact that Shurmur advises all of his players to not discuss personal team matters with the media.

Also, Cribbs' taking his opinions to the media is not a new thing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:

I missed that thread. Lock it up if need be mods...
Productiondawg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cribbs can say anything he wants to media and it still won't change the fact that he is the last choice on offense in every possible position. We've upgraded our wide receivers to the point where he is irrelevant, and if we upgrade our wide receivers again than at least two more guys will become irrelevant again. That's the way it works in the NFL put up or shut up. Whenever Cribbs is on the field as a wide out, I roll my eyes and think it will either be a botched play or at least one half of the field doesn't matter.

I love the guy and appreciate all he's done for the team as a leader and a record breaker/holder, but in no way did I even want him to get the extension that he got. All I kept hearing was people saying "he's our biggest threat" "we have to keep him because he's the only one that scares opposing teams." Well I say nuts to that. If a special teamer is our biggest weapon than we need to upgrade our skill positions. We did just that and he not only is not our biggest weapon but he no longer has a place.

Again I love the guy and have nothing but respect, but Banner will let him walk at the end of the year. I've no doubt about it. He's not as big and strong as he once was, he's not that fast anymore. Benji might be the best choice for returner at this point, and we won't extend the contract of a gunner.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

[b]Is this a case of a failing head coach? a player that cannot accept his role in the team? Or both?[/b]

Well I think that you and Sillyhead McSilly have the same views on silliness. A bad coach would cave to a player's ill-conceived opinion of himself as a better choice to play offense than the coach's decision.

Leadership means nothing to those that don't follow it. And when we run into those that aren't following leadership, we can't blame the leadership.
We blame leadership when the "orders" are followed and the result is unsuccessful. It is a fact that Shurmur advises all of his players to not discuss personal team matters with the media.

Also, Cribbs' taking his opinions to the media is not a new thing.

Classy response with the unneeded silly name calling.

I didnt say that Shurmur should play Cribbs on offense. Actually, I have said the opposite more than once. I suggest you reread my earlier post as you apparently believe I am blaming Shurmur for not caving and playing Cribbs on offense, which is far from the truth.

You are assuming that the fault lies with Cribbs for not following Shurmur's leadership, and I looking at the situation from a neutral view point acknowledging that there is fault that lies with both.

It is not about playing him on offense, its about the personal relationship that is obviously fractured given Cribbs actions and his statement. Cribbs had approached Shurmur before with his problem but no longer will as Cribbs does not believe that Shurmur has his best interests at heart. There is clearly a break in the trust between these two, and the responsibility more than likely rests in both of their laps.

At the very least Shurmur and the staff needs to call Cribbs into the office and have a discussion to clear the air and try to get everyone on the same page. If Cribbs cannot accept his role on the team as set forth by the coaching staff then Im sure he will allowed to explore other opportunities at the end of the season.

Last edited by Dropkick_pride on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: