Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Browns QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:
I think that if there was a winner of today's game, it might have been Tom Heckert. While Buster Skrine had a tough day, we saw great contributions from guys that he brought on board.

I think that when the purge happens, he's going to be the last man "standing."

Here is to hope...

Agree
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:
I think that if there was a winner of today's game, it might have been Tom Heckert. While Buster Skrine had a tough day, we saw great contributions from guys that he brought on board.

Here is to hope...

Agree

What is this?

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:

Here is to hope...

Agree

What is this?

It's our http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3MiD_U4CHQ moment.

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...#FREEJOSHGORDON! Adopt a Brownie 2014: Jabaal Sheard 17 tackles, 2 sacks
Onizuka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Sorry, all, I just don't see enough in Weeden. Even though he was H&H&s' "guy", he doesn't seem to have "it". Very Happy

Hey bruce, Luck just threw his 2nd pick 6 of the game and he's getting blown out by the Pats 29th ranked pass defense.

Guess that he's no good, is poorly coached, AND has bad plays called for him huh?

This is just silly......why do so many people attempt to compare Weeds to Luck, RG3, or even Tannehill....the most obvious difference being their age....but, even outside of that, Luck and RG3 have both shown they were deserving of the #1 and #2 picks of the draft. Especially Luck who is having a scary similiarity to Peyton Manning's production this year. I believe before the game with the Pats, Luck had the 4th best QBR, and has already broke the most passing yards by rookie in a single game.

Also, you should know by now that the Colts vs. Pats are usually good games to watch so no surprise how it turned out.

As for the topic, I see Weeds being the QB for 2013 as their aren't really any sure fire QBs this draft and the fact that Kansas will most likely be drafting #1 and I can gurantee they don't think Quinn or Caslle is their future.......Weeden will most likely be given one more year to prove himself....or they bring in another QB....dont (hope not) see us drafting a QB in the 1st this year.
Entropy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onizuka wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Sorry, all, I just don't see enough in Weeden. Even though he was H&H&s' "guy", he doesn't seem to have "it". Very Happy

Hey bruce, Luck just threw his 2nd pick 6 of the game and he's getting blown out by the Pats 29th ranked pass defense.

Guess that he's no good, is poorly coached, AND has bad plays called for him huh?

This is just silly......why do so many people attempt to compare Weeds to Luck, RG3, or even Tannehill....the most obvious difference being their age....but, even outside of that, Luck and RG3 have both shown they were deserving of the #1 and #2 picks of the draft. Especially Luck who is having a scary similiarity to Peyton Manning's production this year. I believe before the game with the Pats, Luck had the 4th best QBR, and has already broke the most passing yards by rookie in a single game.

Also, you should know by now that the Colts vs. Pats are usually good games to watch so no surprise how it turned out.

As for the topic, I see Weeds being the QB for 2013 as their aren't really any sure fire QBs this draft and the fact that Kansas will most likely be drafting #1 and I can gurantee they don't think Quinn or Caslle is their future.......Weeden will most likely be given one more year to prove himself....or they bring in another QB....dont (hope not) see us drafting a QB in the 1st this year.

Hi, you obviously weren't the subject of the post...the "Hey bruce" part should have clued you in, don't know why it didn't.

But...since you replied to it...

Comparing players is always a good way to discuss football, insinuating that it is "silly" to compare players is usually a sign of a weak opinion.

And hey, the "big difference" between Luck, RG3, Tannehill, and Weeden is that that only one of those guys is playing on the team with the least experienced starters in the NFL.

Aside from that, they have all played well at times and badly at others...they are all rookies, they were all 1st round picks, they all have their best years ahead of them, and you are flat out wrong to suggest comparing them is silly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 games in and when I watch Weeden I can't help but think Derek Anderson. He makes a few throws a game that make me go wow. He makes 4 or 5 that make me go, WTF? and it was even more DA like in this game because of the bail outs by his WR. Weeden's stats ended up good but if his WRs got credit for killing him on ocassion, they deserve credit for saving him today. A few balls they caught really saved him and a few balls that Dallas defenders dropped that were right in their hands also saved him. Sad part is that he is the same age as DA and we are just now HOPING that he can get passed this. In short, if Haslam and Heckert, who were in the stadium, were using this in their evaluation, Weeden did nothing to help himself.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
In short, if Haslam and Heckert, who were in the stadium, were using this in their evaluation, Weeden did nothing to help himself.

Throwing a go-ahead TD with 1 minute left helped him. Not his best day, for sure, but far from his worst.
Entropy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
In short, if Haslam and Heckert, who were in the stadium, were using this in their evaluation, Weeden did nothing to help himself.

Throwing a go-ahead TD with 1 minute left helped him. Not his best day, for sure, but far from his worst.

I also think the 2TDs, no INTs, and only one sack against a pretty good defense helped too.

Hardly DA-like, btw candy Very Happy

AND, he didn't have Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow, Joe Jurevicius, and Jamal Lewis...Weeden has rookie-Gordon, rookie-Richardson, 2nd year-Little, and Ben Watson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

These kind of selective quote posts are bs.

Not just at you ditch, the mods do it, too.

Weeden did not lead the team to a win today. Nice that he made a nice throw near the end of the game.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Weeden did not lead the team to a win today. Nice that he made a nice throw near the end of the game.

He did nothing to screw us up.

He had no picks and played decent at worst.

Sure he misses some passes, but most do.

No one is saying he is great, but for a guy in his 10th game and the fact that almost all his weapons are rookies, he isn't doing too badly AT ALL.

He ended the day with a 93 rating. I believe it was his best to date.

Entropy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
bruceb wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

No one is saying he is great, but for a guy in his 10th game and the fact that almost all his weapons are rookies, he isn't doing too badly AT ALL.

Hey there nug...

Weeden had 114.9 1st Cincy game (92.7 in the second, which was a win)
and a 96.0 against the Colts.

Last edited by Entropy on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bruceb wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Hey there nug...

Weeden had 119.4 1st Cincy game (92.7 in the second, which was a win)

Whoopsie.

Those were just flukes though.

He's not any good and can't improve.

Entropy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Entropy wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bruceb wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Hey there nug...

Weeden had 119.4 1st Cincy game (92.7 in the second, which was a win)

Whoopsie.

Those were just flukes though.

He's not any good and can't improve.

sad huh?

btw, i messed up the previous post...i meant 114.9 and not 119.4...fixed it in the original Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Onizuka wrote:
Entropy wrote:
bruceb wrote:

Hi, you obviously weren't the subject of the post...the "Hey bruce" part should have clued you in, don't know why it didn't.

But...since you replied to it...

Comparing players is always a good way to discuss football, insinuating that it is "silly" to compare players is usually a sign of a weak opinion.

And hey, the "big difference" between Luck, RG3, Tannehill, and Weeden is that that only one of those guys is playing on the team with the least experienced starters in the NFL.

Aside from that, they have all played well at times and badly at others...they are all rookies, they were all 1st round picks, they all have their best years ahead of them, and you are flat out wrong to suggest comparing them is silly.

Hi, yes, I can read, but as you said, this is to discuss football so I read all 3 pages of the topic before actually replying to yours.

Let me rephrase what I meant.....it's silly that people always want to compare Weeden to Luck and RG3 or even Tannehill when obviously he isn't going to get the luxury of normal rookie QBs who are much younger than him.

It's also silly because for the most part both Luck and RG3 have shown consistency in their games and have for the most part lived up to their hype....also I'm not holding anything against Weeden when our WRs drop balls or run the wrong routes....but I am holding him responsible for missing wide open WRs, which he has done a lot this season, or under/over throwing to his receivers.

Weeden has shown flashes, as most rookies often do, but the difference, again, is that he is not going to be given the luxury of younger rookies....especially since he is constantly missing wide open WRs, or has been inconsistent with his accuracy, as in over/under throwing and not leading his receivers....today's game is a perfect example....all thru out the 1st half when he was being given a lot of time, he kept throwing behind our WRs instead of leading them....
Entropy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since everyone knows that the first 10 starts of a rookie QB predict the future (haha)...

1st 10 starts of each QB:

DA 167/301 2289 yards 19TDS/16INTs 78.89 rating
Weeden 205/371 2298 yards 11TDs/12INTs 70.3 rating
Tannehill 179/308 2120 yards 6TDs/11INTs 70.8 rating
RG3 186/277 2193 yards 12TDs/3INTs 101.0 rating
Luck 235/412 2965 yards 12TDs/12INTs 77.2 rating

I would take RG3 over all these guys for the next 10 games, right?

So DA didn't work out for anyone...does that mean that neither will Luck, Weeden, or Tannehill?

Oh, does anyone want to list the recievers all these players had?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: