Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Evan Rodriguez to step in at TE on passing downs!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bears54

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Evan Rodriguez to step in at TE on passing downs!!!! Reply with quote

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/11/14/chicago-bears-make-smart-decision-in-giving-evan-rodriguez-tight-end-reps/

Its about time we give this guy a look. I think he is going to be fine and open up alot of peoples eyes. I really hope we throw him the ball. He reminds me alot of Aaron Hernandez, and they both were drafted in the 4th round. Hopefully he works out and our offense gets better.
CBears019

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see it from a more reputable source before I believe it. I think he will get more reps, it's just that site doesn't seem too reliable.

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That didn't specify just passing downs. Just that he would receive more reps at TE.

I hope he gets some looks. He was a good looking player in college.
ConVict90

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause
TD: 7
ConVict90

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Evan Rodriguez to step in at TE on passing downs!!!! Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/11/14/chicago-bears-make-smart-decision-in-giving-evan-rodriguez-tight-end-reps/

Its about time we give this guy a look. I think he is going to be fine and open up alot of peoples eyes. I really hope we throw him the ball. He reminds me alot of Aaron Hernandez, and they both were drafted in the 4th round. Hopefully he works out and our offense gets better.

Is it due to their Hispanic last names?
TD: 7
CBears019

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Evan Rodriguez to step in at TE on passing downs!!!! Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
Bears54 wrote:

Yes.

pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Evan Rodriguez to step in at TE on passing downs!!!! Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
Bears54 wrote:

Yes.

Partly, yes. People tend to compare white people to white people, blacks to blacks, hell even Islander to Islander(Star and Ngata)... However, even I'm hispanic and see some similarities between the two. It just seems too early to try and compare him to somebody, let him catch an NFL pass first.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
CBears019

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Evan Rodriguez to step in at TE on passing downs!!!! Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
Bears54 wrote:

Yes.

Partly, yes. People tend to compare white people to white people, blacks to blacks, hell even Islander to Islander(Star and Ngata)... However, even I'm hispanic and see some similarities between the two. It just seems too early to try and compare him to somebody, let him catch an NFL pass first.

I was joking, but what you said is true and something I see all the time. I wrote a paper on it for one of my classes, even.

GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not? Davis has looked horrible and Speath is turnstile when trying to pretend and be a blocker.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Evan Rodriguez to step in at TE on passing downs!!!! Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
Bears54 wrote:

Yes.

They both like Salsa.
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRLacher wrote:
Why not? Davis has looked horrible and Speath is turnstile when trying to pretend and be a blocker.

Agreed. At least give him a chance to show he belongs in the passing plans. I mean, after all, isn't that what we drafted him for? To bring that other dimension to our offense?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: OMG Reply with quote

No I didnt compare Evan to Aaron because they are both hispanic. I compared Evan to Aaron on the way he moves, his running style, the way he catches the ball, they are both around 6'1 240 pounds, both drafted in the 4th round.

I hope this is true and he gets in at TE and becomes a factor in the game. We should have never traded Greg Olsen. If we still had him on our team, we wouldnt be in this dilemma right now. I liked Olsen alot, he might not have been the best blocking TE, but the guy was a big target and could catch the ball.
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: OMG Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:
No I didnt compare Evan to Aaron because they are both hispanic. I compared Evan to Aaron on the way he moves, his running style, the way he catches the ball, they are both around 6'1 240 pounds, both drafted in the 4th round.

I hope this is true and he gets in at TE and becomes a factor in the game. We should have never traded Greg Olsen. If we still had him on our team, we wouldnt be in this dilemma right now. I liked Olsen alot, he might not have been the best blocking TE, but the guy was a big target and could catch the ball.

The 3rd the bears got for Olsen was used to get Marshall, i don't know about you but id much rather have Marshall over Olsen.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Evan Rodriguez to step in at TE on passing downs!!!! Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
Bears54 wrote:

Yes.

Starr Jones? I don't see the similarities, other than size maybe, but not racially.

CBears019

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Evan Rodriguez to step in at TE on passing downs!!!! Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
Bears54 wrote:

Yes.

They both like Salsa.

The dance or the dip?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: