Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Evan Rodriguez to step in at TE on passing downs!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have zero threat at the TE position and it hurts is on offence.

Also Davis should be held accountable for being so awful.
Pinky

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: Evan Rodriguez to step in at TE on passing downs!!!! Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
Bears54 wrote:
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/11/14/chicago-bears-make-smart-decision-in-giving-evan-rodriguez-tight-end-reps/

Its about time we give this guy a look. I think he is going to be fine and open up alot of peoples eyes. I really hope we throw him the ball. He reminds me alot of Aaron Hernandez, and they both were drafted in the 4th round. Hopefully he works out and our offense gets better.

Is it due to their Hispanic last names?

Yes.

Partly, yes. People tend to compare white people to white people, blacks to blacks, hell even Islander to Islander(Star and Ngata)... However, even I'm hispanic and see some similarities between the two. It just seems too early to try and compare him to somebody, let him catch an NFL pass first.
They both like Salsa.

The dance or the dip?

why not both?
Bears54

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Ok Reply with quote

If I remember correctly we had two 3rd round pick that year. So we still could of used are orginial 3rd rounder to get marshall or some kind of other combination to get him. Maybe our orginial 3rd rounder and a 5th rounder.

My point is we could of kepted Olsen and still had enough ammo to get Marshall.
CBears019

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Ok Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:
If I remember correctly we had two 3rd round pick that year. So we still could of used are orginial 3rd rounder to get marshall or some kind of other combination to get him. Maybe our orginial 3rd rounder and a 5th rounder.

My point is we could of kept Olsen and still had enough ammo to get Marshall.

We did still have our own 3rd round pick, but the Panthers's pick was much earlier than ours. We can go over hypothetical trades all you want, but the fact is that they used the pick they got from Olsen to trade for Marshall.

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill believe it when I see it. Thats a terrible source for news BTW.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Ok Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:

My point is we could of kepted Olsen and still had enough ammo to get Marshall.

The Bears used the panthers 3rd and there original 3rd to get Marshall. What makes you think they would accept the Bears 3rd and a 5th for Marshall lol. I want what ever your smoking

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: WTF Reply with quote

DABEARSLCF04,

What are you smoking!!!! So I am guessing we got Brandon Hardin for free?????

We used our orginial 3rd round pick to draft Brandon Hardin. We used the Panthers 2012 3rd rounder and our future 2013 3rd round pick to get Marshall.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Which-pick-did-Bears-trade-to-Dolphins/37311FA3-39B6-43B1-B6CE-6F1A37083E74

Someone is definetly smoking. Anyway, a future 3rd round pick in the next years draft can equal a 4th or 5th round pick in this years draft if the team is desperate and needs picks now. Its all about what you can do for me this year, the GM or Head coach might not be around next year and worry about next year when that comes.

So like I previously stated, we could of kepted Olsen and traded our 2012 3rd rounder and 4th round pick which would of been the Evan Rodriguez pick. We had our TE so no need to draft Evan.
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha yup, good call. My bad. I totally forgot about Harden as he is IR'd right now. You have a valit point but to say that Miami would have taken the bears 3rd and the 4th for marshall will not work in my books. The 3rd the bears got for Olsen was so much more valuable in the last draft on how much higher it was.

Im willing to bet my left nut that the Bears would not have Marshall with out the panthers 3rd in the last draft. But who's going to know the truth besides the GM's on both teams

But playing the "WHAT IF GAME" is so fun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

I guess, but Ill tell you what, if I was the GM and another team offered either next years 3rd round pick or this years 4th round pick. I would of taken this years 4th round because Im trying to win a Superbowl this year. I can look at next year, next year and work out a deal with another player to get some more picks later on.

If there were someone on the board I still wanted there in the 4th round, I would most definetly would take the 4th round pick this year rather than next years 3rd. So we can agree to disagree but I bet you any amount of money that the Dolphins would of also taken our 2012 4th rounder as well to equal a 2013 3rd rounder.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: