Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ryan Tannehill VS Russell Wilson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you rather have?
Ryan Tannehill
39%
 39%  [ 33 ]
Russell WIlson
41%
 41%  [ 35 ]
To early to call
19%
 19%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 84

jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Russell Wilson is a rookie though jrry. And he has improved a lot since Week 1. Russell Wilson isn't throwing the ball less because he can't, it's because it isn't in Pete's philosophy to do so when the game is close.

And in regards to playing on the road, he had a solid game against the 9ers. He even played well against the Lions, but the D kept giving up points.

The only things that Ryan Tannehill has over Russell Wilson is height. It's fair enough that you think Ryan Tannehill is better, but some people in here act like Russell Wilson is Derek Anderson.

Eh?

Russell Wilson isn't Derek Anderson, has improved and has made some gorgeous throws. But I think a lot of people see Tannehill having elite QB potential while they see Wilson in the same sort of vein as Alex Smith(i.e. game manager)...fair or not.

SaveourSonics wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Pithy Radish wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
LMAO! Is this thread for real?

Tannehill smokes Wilson.

Wilson would be flattered if Tannehill let him(make him) carry his jock yo.

Ryan's a better athlete with better arm strength and a hotter wife.

Russell Wilson 62.1%, 1827 yards, 7.22, 15 TDs, 8 int, 90.5 rat
Ryan Tannehill 58.1% 2120 yards, 6.88, 6 TDs, 11 INTs, 70.8 rat

I don't know... it is kind of hard to see what you mean by "smoking" Wilson.

Love how this gets ignored. The only thing Tannehill is better at is the amount he throws it Laughing

I could go compare Alex Smith statistically to a number of great QBs right now and argue that he's superior. And yet Alex Smith might just be benched for his backup.

Stats aren't at all the end all be all especially for rookie QBs. People are ignoring it because any idiot can google their name and find those stats on the ESPN or nfl.com pages that pop up.

Want something to be acknowledged? Do some real analysis.

Stats are actually a great justification for the way a player is playing. You're really going to imply that they are somehow meaningless because they're easily accessible? You're really going to say that Wilson being better in literally every single category doesn't indicate anything?

Give me a break about analysis. I've watched 10 games of Wilson's and am known in the Seattle forum as one of his biggest doubters, yet even I can see that he's progressing quite nicely and playing damn well for a rookie. You don't even have the sample size to call what you do analysis.

No, they aren't.

And I'm not going to imply anything. I'm going to bluntly say no one is going to give a post the time of day that links stats any idiot can find on google.

It tells us nothing that we didn't already know.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Stats are actually a great justification for the way a player is playing. You're really going to imply that they are somehow meaningless because they're easily accessible? You're really going to say that Wilson being better in literally every single category doesn't indicate anything?

Give me a break about analysis. I've watched 10 games of Wilson's and am known in the Seattle forum as one of his biggest doubters, yet even I can see that he's progressing quite nicely and playing damn well for a rookie. You don't even have the sample size to call what you do analysis.

No, they aren't.

And I'm not going to imply anything. I'm going to bluntly say no one is going to give a post the time of day that links stats any idiot can find on google.

They aren't meaningless or they aren't a great justification? Because if you're saying the latter than I don't even know how to further this discussion. That is beyond reason. When a player is better statistically across the board, that does say something. Obviously it doesn't show the whole picture and "analysis" as you wish to call it is certainly needed, but don't tell me they're meaningless. The fact that they're easily accessible shouldn't damage their validity in a discussion such as this.

And with the way this thread has been going, I'm skeptical of the notion that everyone already knew those stats.
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People just haven't watched him then. At his best, he will be Drew Brees 2.0 IMO. Although I like a lot of other people are very surprised by how he has adjusted to the NFL.

I do admit that Wilson needs the scheme to work in his favour, but in that instance he could be a Top-10 QB at least.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

No, they aren't.

They aren't meaningless or they aren't a great justification? Because if you're saying the latter than I don't even know how to further this discussion. That is beyond reason. When a player is better statistically across the board, that does say something. Obviously it doesn't show the whole picture and "analysis" as you wish to call it is certainly needed, but don't tell me they're meaningless. The fact that they're easily accessible shouldn't damage their validity in a discussion such as this.

And with the way this thread has been going, I'm skeptical of the notion that everyone already knew those stats.

Meaningless in comparison to analyzing the actual games? Yes.

It says he's better statistically. That's about all it says.

This thread is Tannehill vs. Wilson, I'd say a lot of people are less concerned with stats and more concerned with who they'd rather have moving forward.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
This thread is Tannehill vs. Wilson, I'd say a lot of people are less concerned with stats and more concerned with who they'd rather have moving forward.

Which they are judging from their "analysis" Laughing Okay.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Which they are judging from their "analysis" Laughing Okay.

Well, if they were judging by stats, there wouldn't be many people for you to argue with...now would there be?

Pithy Radish

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Pithy Radish wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Tannehill smokes Wilson.

Love how this gets ignored. The only thing Tannehill is better at is the amount he throws it Laughing

I could go compare Alex Smith statistically to a number of great QBs right now and argue that he's superior. And yet Alex Smith might just be benched for his backup.

Stats aren't at all the end all be all especially for rookie QBs. People are ignoring it because any idiot can google their name and find those stats on the ESPN or nfl.com pages that pop up.

I did do some real analysis and it was completely ignored in this thread. Instead it went into some debate about stats and their merrits. I used the stats to illustrate that the Dolphins fan was way off base when he said "Tannehill is smoking Wilson".
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pithy Radish wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Pithy Radish wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Tannehill smokes Wilson.

I did do some real analysis and it was completely ignored in this thread. Instead it went into some debate about stats and their merrits. I used the stats to illustrate that the Dolphins fan was way off base when he said "Tannehill is smoking Wilson".

A) Bednarik is an Eagle fan
B) He said smokes Wilson
C) I'm fairly sure he was joking with you guys
D) Even if he wasn't, I doubt he was talking about stats

footy_29

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
Russell Wilson dancing around his pocket drives me nuts - feel so bad for his offensive line sometimes. He's got a nice deep ball, but other than some intangible aspects, it's hard to even compare him to Tannehill. As said, Tannehill has an inferior supporting cast (by a hefty margin) and has very well this season.

Tannehill I see as a franchise QB, Russell Wilson as more of a below-average starter who is eventually phased out.

Him dancing in the pocket was much more of an issue earlier in the year. The strides he's already made with his weaknesses is actually pretty astonishing. Sounds like you're basing your opinion off of nothing but early season play. Admittedly I'm not the biggest Wilson supporter, but some of the things being said in this thread about him just seem outdated or incorrect.

I have seen 4 or 5 Seahawks games, and I cannot seem to remember two of his later games as the ones who made me think of the McNabb comparison. It was probably the NE and MIN games, but I cannot remember.

For me, the height is a huge factor. Maybe it's mitigated because Okung is a ~top 10 tackle, and the interior line is quite good, but it still requires a fair amount of creativity to give him the lanes to throw. But what do I know.
Pithy Radish

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Pithy Radish wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Pithy Radish wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Tannehill smokes Wilson.

B) He said smokes Wilson

Talk about nit-picking Rolling Eyes
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pithy Radish wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Pithy Radish wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Pithy Radish wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Tannehill smokes Wilson.

B) He said smokes Wilson

Talk about nit-picking Rolling Eyes

I didn't mention that wasn't real analysis at least.

terbo559

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
terbo559 wrote:
I think Tannehill is a much more established pro quarterback. If he has the weapons Wilson has, he would be much better.

I remember in the preseason, when it was pretty much general consensus that seattle had no playmakers or reliable weapons on offense. I'm trying to figure out what has changed since then

I don't remember that but let's compare the offensive players on both teams.

Marshawn Lynch>Reggie Bush
Sidney Rice, Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin>Brian Hartline, Davon Bess & Marlon Moore
Zach Miller>Anthony Fasano

This explains more to what I was saying. Seattle is also leading Miami in offensive points, and yards per game. Also don't try to compare Brian Hartline 2012 stats with Sidney Rice 2012 stats and say Hartline is better, because we all know Rice is better. Plus Seattle is a run first offense.
FinNasty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump...

These kids both put on a great performance yesterday! Cool

So glad we got one of the QBs from this draft...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Tannehill

Guy is doing more with less.
Hieroglyphics

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take the guy with a higher ceiling, Ryan Tannehil.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: