Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ryan Tannehill VS Russell Wilson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you rather have?
Ryan Tannehill
39%
 39%  [ 33 ]
Russell WIlson
41%
 41%  [ 35 ]
To early to call
19%
 19%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 84

chpjns15

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
This is like comparing Peyton Manning to Alex Smith. Ryan Tannehill easily.

That's not what the poll says.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO! Is this thread for real?

Tannehill smokes Wilson.

Wilson would be flattered if Tannehill let him(make him) carry his jock yo.

Ryan's a better athlete with better arm strength and a hotter wife.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJ89 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
JJ89 wrote:
I agree that Wilson has a better supporting cast, but the biggest change on our offense is the new QB. Last year Jackson had the same offense that Wilson does, but did an awful job, our leading receiver was an UDFA, I would argue that it's the change in QB that made the change in WR play and not the other way around.

This part of your argument I don't agree with at all. Who was supposed to be your leading receiver last season? Rice who was always hurt last season? Miller who was primarily blocking? Tate?

Come on now...

So Sidney Rice playing for 7 more games (Assuming he stays healthy) is whats making the differences for Seattle and not the new QB under center? Ok..

Read what I responded to in your post. No need to try to dismiss Rice to make Wilson look better...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
JJ89

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
JJ89 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
JJ89 wrote:
I agree that Wilson has a better supporting cast, but the biggest change on our offense is the new QB. Last year Jackson had the same offense that Wilson does, but did an awful job, our leading receiver was an UDFA, I would argue that it's the change in QB that made the change in WR play and not the other way around.

This part of your argument I don't agree with at all. Who was supposed to be your leading receiver last season? Rice who was always hurt last season? Miller who was primarily blocking? Tate?

Come on now...

So Sidney Rice playing for 7 more games (Assuming he stays healthy) is whats making the differences for Seattle and not the new QB under center? Ok..

Read what I responded to in your post. No need to try to dismiss Rice to make Wilson look better...

I'm not dismissing Rice. Your right last year was a mess at WR for us, but our leading receiver was an UDFA and the only difference this year is that Rice is still healthy. Not sure what you're going for here?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:

Tannehill smokes Wilson.

Russell Wilson 62.1%, 1827 yards, 7.22, 15 TDs, 8 int, 90.5 rat
Ryan Tannehill 58.1% 2120 yards, 6.88, 6 TDs, 11 INTs, 70.8 rat

I don't know... it is kind of hard to see what you mean by "smoking" Wilson.
terbo559

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tannehill is a much more established pro quarterback. If he has the weapons Wilson has, he would be much better.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terbo559 wrote:
I think Tannehill is a much more established pro quarterback. If he has the weapons Wilson has, he would be much better.

I remember in the preseason, when it was pretty much general consensus that seattle had no playmakers or reliable weapons on offense. I'm trying to figure out what has changed since then

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
terbo559 wrote:

I remember in the preseason, when it was pretty much general consensus that seattle had no playmakers or reliable weapons on offense. I'm trying to figure out what has changed since then

Don't even try this cop-out, Imani. You know I'm not going to let you talk out of both sides of your mouth. Razz Laughing

You said this a little over a week ago:
imani wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Are we just listing anyone now? Russell Wilson isn't top 25. Tate and Rice are average. Has Irvin done anything outside of that Green Bay game? And who is John Ryan? Their punter?

Well, he had 2 sacks in that game....he has 7 on the season. Tate has also proven to be explosive and a little more than average this year. He's a solid #2. Sidney Rice is still a top 20 WR, you can see what his first healthy season since favre is doing for him.

And then there's also Zach Miller who is a solid TE at worst(I still think he's a good TE) and Doug Baldwin although Baldwin has dealt with a lot of nagging injuries and some drops. Oh and who can forget Marshawn Lynch.

And you admit that Wilson has a top 20 WR and a solid #2 WR...so yea...

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
imani

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
imani wrote:
terbo559 wrote:

Don't even try this cop-out, Imani. You know I'm not going to let you talk out of both sides of your mouth. Razz Laughing

imani wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Are we just listing anyone now? Russell Wilson isn't top 25. Tate and Rice are average. Has Irvin done anything outside of that Green Bay game? And who is John Ryan? Their punter?

Well, he had 2 sacks in that game....he has 7 on the season. Tate has also proven to be explosive and a little more than average this year. He's a solid #2. Sidney Rice is still a top 20 WR, you can see what his first healthy season since favre is doing for him.

And then there's also Zach Miller who is a solid TE at worst(I still think he's a good TE) and Doug Baldwin although Baldwin has dealt with a lot of nagging injuries and some drops. Oh and who can forget Marshawn Lynch.

Haha, Touche

I'm calling everyone else out for saying we had no pieces on offense outside of lynch Laughing . Seahawks fans tried to tell the world we just needed an average QB at best to make a world of difference, visual aid usally helps people....stats ain't bad either. I know we have weapons

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
imani wrote:
terbo559 wrote:

imani wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Haha, Touche

I'm calling everyone else out for saying we had no pieces on offense outside of lynch Laughing . Seahawks fans tried to tell the world we just needed an average QB at best to make a world of difference, visual aid usally helps people....stats ain't bad either. I know we have weapons

Hey, I tried to tell people that Seattle had better weapons than they were given credit for. Laughing

Pithy Radish

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terbo559 wrote:

Based on what? Tannehill has thrown for 6 TDs, and 11 INTs, I do not care what kind of team you're on, that is awful. Tannehill has had moments where he looked brilliant, but he has also has had just as many moments that leave you shaking your head. Wilson does not make nearly as many of those boneheaded mistakes.

Mechanically Wilson is also the superior QB at the moment. He has a very high overhead release. In fact his release point is so high that it was measured as being higher than that of most 6'4 Quarterbacks. Tannehill on the other hand has a very odd release. This has actually been a major contributor to his problems. Tannehill has an extremely low, knuckleball like release. This is the reason why Tannehill has so many batted balls, Wilson on the other hand has very few despite being 6 inches shorter.

Another distinct advantage Wilson holds over Tannehill is that Wilson is already a master at looking off the safeties. He manipulates defenses with his eyes, and that is a very important trait for any NFL QB. This is probably Tannehill's biggest flaw. In college I noticed it, and it has carried over to the NFL. Tannehill had the tendency to staredown receivers too much, and at the college level DBs keyed in on it and made him pay his second season.

Wilson is the more cerebral QB at this point, but that is to be expected. Wilson has ran the WCO for three years in college and a more traditional play action oriented pro-style offense at Wisconsin. He has had five years (including 2007 redshirt) of experience in an NFL style offense. Tannehill has only had a season and a half in a collegiate offense that was more spread than not. Because of Tannehill's size and his extremely good pocket presence (and lack of experience to some extent) I'd say Tannehill has more upside than Russell Wilson. However for just this season I think you would have to be crazy to go with Tannehill. Russell Wilson is the better QB right now. He has more experience and he is playing fundementally sound football. He knows the tricks of the trade while Tannehill is still very raw.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pithy Radish wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Tannehill smokes Wilson.

Love how this gets ignored. The only thing Tannehill is better at is the amount he throws it Laughing
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Pithy Radish wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Tannehill smokes Wilson.

Love how this gets ignored. The only thing Tannehill is better at is the amount he throws it Laughing

I could go compare Alex Smith statistically to a number of great QBs right now and argue that he's superior. And yet Alex Smith might just be benched for his backup.

Stats aren't at all the end all be all especially for rookie QBs. People are ignoring it because any idiot can google their name and find those stats on the ESPN or nfl.com pages that pop up.

Want something to be acknowledged? Do some real analysis.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Pithy Radish wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Tannehill smokes Wilson.

I could go compare Alex Smith statistically to a number of great QBs right now and argue that he's superior. And yet Alex Smith might just be benched for his backup.

Stats aren't at all the end all be all especially for rookie QBs. People are ignoring it because any idiot can google their name and find those stats on the ESPN or nfl.com pages that pop up.

Want something to be acknowledged? Do some real analysis.

Stats are actually a great justification for the way a player is playing. You're really going to imply that they are somehow meaningless because they're easily accessible? You're really going to say that Wilson being better in literally every single category doesn't indicate anything?

Give me a break about analysis. I've watched 10 games of Wilson's and am known in the Seattle forum as one of his biggest doubters, yet even I can see that he's progressing quite nicely and playing damn well for a rookie. You don't even have the sample size to call what you do analysis.
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell Wilson is a rookie though jrry. And he has improved a lot since Week 1. Russell Wilson isn't throwing the ball less because he can't, it's because it isn't in Pete's philosophy to do so when the game is close.

And in regards to playing on the road, he had a solid game against the 9ers. He even played well against the Lions, but the D kept giving up points.

The only things that Ryan Tannehill has over Russell Wilson is height. It's fair enough that you think Ryan Tannehill is better, but some people in here act like Russell Wilson is Derek Anderson.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: