Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ryan Tannehill VS Russell Wilson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you rather have?
Ryan Tannehill
39%
 39%  [ 33 ]
Russell WIlson
41%
 41%  [ 35 ]
To early to call
19%
 19%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 84

jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
imani wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
darnell wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
darnell wrote:
Wilson. His floor is pretty much where he is right now, sitting with a 90 qbr. He looks to be imrpving every week.

Top 7 games by a rookie qb this season. There is hype (where a guy is drafted and then there is what is happening on the field)

1. Griffin III (at NO): 19 of 26, 320 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 139.9 rating

2. Wilson (vs. NE): 16 of 27, 293 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 133.7 rating

3. Wilson (vs. NYJ): 12 of 19, 188 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 131.0 rating

4. Wilson (vs. MIN): 16 of 24, 173 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 127.3 rating

5. Weeden (at CIN): 26 of 37, 322 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 114.9 rating

6. Wilson (vs. DAL): 15 of 20, 151 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 112.7 rating

7. Tannehill (vs. STL): 21 of 29, 185 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 112.0 rating

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
And I watched the Jets game. That wasn't a great performance.

Why is that laughable? I don't see any reason to expect him to regress given the improvement pattern. It isn't like he'll stop working hard/preparing or that he is running some gimmick offense that teams will figure out.

Why is it laughable that you just claimed his floor is 90 QBR? SERIOUSLY?

The guy has been atrocious on the road and a lot of rookie QBs hit a wall around Week 12 or 13.

you're better than this jrry...

And you're not adding to the discussion. Make a point or leave. If you agree that Wilson's floor is the 90 QBR that he has now then jump on in. If you don't, then don't get involved or make a point...

Leave my own thread? Confused

imani wrote:
Saw this argument in a couple other threads. Want to hear what the people of FF have to say.

To remove bias, I will put forth no personal opinion

Discuss....

3. I wasn't saying that to take a cheap shot at you, i just know you're a better debater than that. Saying wilson will do as most rookies do and hit a will around week 12 or 13 is the easy way out and (not saying you do) it makes you look like a division rival with an agenda, especially when that same argument can be applied to who he's being compared to. I made this thread so guys like you could sound off....i want your best

I never said Wilson will or won't hit a wall. I pointed out that a lot of rookie QBs do hit a wall so to say at this point in the season(especially with how dreadful he's been on the road), that is his floor is a ridiculous statement.

Not to say, I haven't been there. Rookie QBs tend to bring out the worst in us. Bradford after 11 starts had 17 TDs to 9 ints and I'm sure I was proclaiming him as the best thing since sliced bread. In fact, I remember saying during that off-season that I'd keep Bradford even if offered Aaron Rodgers despite knowing Rodgers will be one of if not the best QB in the NFL in the next couple years because of what Bradford could become.

So I'm not going to act like I haven't been in those shoes, being there has made me change the way I view rookies and how hyped I get about them.

So the point I'm making is that it's far too early in the season and his career to claim where his floor lies especially considering Wilson has been very up and down. Don't make the mistake I did and let it go to your head. Confused Laughing

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
imani

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
imani wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
imani wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
darnell wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
darnell wrote:
Wilson. His floor is pretty much where he is right now, sitting with a 90 qbr. He looks to be imrpving every week.

Top 7 games by a rookie qb this season. There is hype (where a guy is drafted and then there is what is happening on the field)

1. Griffin III (at NO): 19 of 26, 320 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 139.9 rating

5. Weeden (at CIN): 26 of 37, 322 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 114.9 rating

7. Tannehill (vs. STL): 21 of 29, 185 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 112.0 rating

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
And I watched the Jets game. That wasn't a great performance.

Why is that laughable? I don't see any reason to expect him to regress given the improvement pattern. It isn't like he'll stop working hard/preparing or that he is running some gimmick offense that teams will figure out.

Why is it laughable that you just claimed his floor is 90 QBR? SERIOUSLY?

The guy has been atrocious on the road and a lot of rookie QBs hit a wall around Week 12 or 13.

you're better than this jrry...

And you're not adding to the discussion. Make a point or leave. If you agree that Wilson's floor is the 90 QBR that he has now then jump on in. If you don't, then don't get involved or make a point...

Leave my own thread? Confused

imani wrote:
Saw this argument in a couple other threads. Want to hear what the people of FF have to say.

To remove bias, I will put forth no personal opinion

Discuss....

3. I wasn't saying that to take a cheap shot at you, i just know you're a better debater than that. Saying wilson will do as most rookies do and hit a will around week 12 or 13 is the easy way out and (not saying you do) it makes you look like a division rival with an agenda, especially when that same argument can be applied to who he's being compared to. I made this thread so guys like you could sound off....i want your best

I never said Wilson will or won't hit a wall. I pointed out that a lot of rookie QBs do hit a wall so to say at this point in the season(especially with how dreadful he's been on the road), that is his floor is a ridiculous statement.

Not to say, I haven't been there. Rookie QBs tend to bring out the worst in us. Bradford after 11 starts had 17 TDs to 9 ints and I'm sure I was proclaiming him as the best thing since sliced bread. In fact, I remember saying during that off-season that I'd keep Bradford even if offered Aaron Rodgers despite knowing Rodgers will be one of if not the best QB in the NFL in the next couple years because of what Bradford could become.

So I'm not going to act like I haven't been in those shoes, being there has made me change the way I view rookies and how hyped I get about them.

So the point I'm making is that it's far too early in the season and his career to claim where his floor lies especially considering Wilson has been very up and down. Don't make the mistake I did and let it go to your head. Confused Laughing

well i can't argue with a 90 QBR being wilson's, as that would be giving my opinion Wink

(it's ridiculous)

BTW, i knew you had it in you. Don't get lazy on me

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Revis24 wrote:
Wilson has the better arm.

That there, that statement, that is false, completely and utterly false.

Brodie wrote:
Watched both Wilson and Tennehill play against the rams, gotta go with the Tannehill

Replace Rams with Cardinals and I have to agree here.
Quote:

Please note;

A] In only one of these games did Wilson throw 25 or more passes, you throw 25 passes a game you are on pace for 400 attempts in a year, that is tiny.

B] Not one of those teams has a good pass defense, the Jets are average to above average and in that game Wilson was not great, on the field, the box score might say he was good, but...

I went with Tannehill based on what I have seen of them. I watched every snap Tannehill took over the first four weeks of the season and he looked very good despite what the stat sheet was telling you. He can make the stick throws that even experienced NFL QB's have trouble making, he can work all areas of the field and has the arm to throw the deep out of a line.

I like Russell and I am not going to put a ceiling or floor on what either player is capable of, but right now, you give me one of these two QB's going forward I do not hesitate before taking Tannehill.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
I like Russell and I am not going to put a ceiling or floor on what either player is capable of, but right now, you give me one of these two QB's going forward I do not hesitate before taking Tannehill.

I feel the same way. Tannehill's presnap recognition in the Rams-Miami game really impressed me. And he was smart enough to take what we gave him. Russell didn't do that.

Russell Wilson was legitimately one of my favorite players in CFB for the last 4 years. I liked him as a passer and a person. I still like the guy even though he's on Seattle. People might think I have something against him because I was outspoken about him when he got all the preseason hype but I don't. My issue moving forward with Russell is that his size will always be such a limitation that you have to scheme around it.

Tannehill has no such limitations. And I believe with experience, he can be a darn good QB.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Tannehill has no such limitations. And I believe with experience, he can be a darn good QB.

In 6-7 years from now People will look at this class of QB's and compare them to the 2004 class. I think all three of the top 10 QB's in the 2012 draft (Luck, Griffin, Tannehill) are all going to see time among the best 5-7 QB's in the NFL. They may not have the team success that we have seen from the 2004 class, but we have three QB's that have a decade plus of starting at QB for their teams ahead of them.

nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

In 6-7 years from now People will look at this class of QB's and compare them to the 2004 class. I think all three of the top 10 QB's in the 2012 draft (Luck, Griffin, Tannehill) are all going to see time among the best 5-7 QB's in the NFL. They may not have the team success that we have seen from the 2004 class, but we have three QB's that have a decade plus of starting at QB for their teams ahead of them.

Dude

No love for Weeden?

O ya, in 6 or 7 years, he will be 35 lol.

Wink

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
D.Revis24 wrote:
Wilson has the better arm.

That there, that statement, that is false, completely and utterly false.

Not from what I've seen.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
JJ89

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
Watched both Wilson and Tennehill play against the rams, gotta go with the Tannehill

khodder wrote:

Okay so we take 2 of his 3 worst games and forget about the rest when evaluating him? Ok.. Both games were among his first 4, he has made some very impressive improvements since then.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to tell just how good Tannehill can be. It would be nice to see him with some legit NFL caliber talent around him. Brian Hartline is "nice" but should probably never be more than a #3 in this league. Then you add in that the running game has fallen flat on its face lately in Miami and the pass defense is struggling, has put a lot more on the right arm of Tannehill. Instead of being a part of the puzzle to win games down there he has to basically Aaron Rodgers' it and put the entire team on his back and win the game, hard thing for a rookie QB to do.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
It's hard to tell just how good Tannehill can be. It would be nice to see him with some legit NFL caliber talent around him. Brian Hartline is "nice" but should probably never be more than a #3 in this league. Then you add in that the running game has fallen flat on its face lately in Miami and the pass defense is struggling, has put a lot more on the right arm of Tannehill. Instead of being a part of the puzzle to win games down there he has to basically Aaron Rodgers' it and put the entire team on his back and win the game, hard thing for a rookie QB to do.

Davone beds is a very good slot wr, hartline is average on the outside and bush is a threat also. He doesn't have a true #1 but he has some nice targets. I'd say he's hurting his team more an he's helping them right now
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Davone beds is a very good slot wr, hartline is average on the outside and bush is a threat also. He doesn't have a true #1 but he has some nice targets. I'd say he's hurting his team more an he's helping them right now
Who the heck is Davone beds? Davone Bess? Like the guy who has no versatility? A horrible fit in this offense, with no speed. Don't fool yourself, Hartline should NOT be more than a #3, he would be the #6 in Green Bay. What has Bush done the last 2 weeks? The games they have lost has been a team effort in losing. Bush and Hartline have turned the ball over the last 2 weeks and then they get down and expect Tannehill to just dig them out of it. With what WRers??? He is a rookie, he cant do it by himself.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJ89 wrote:
Brodie wrote:

khodder wrote:

Okay so we take 2 of his 3 worst games and forget about the rest when evaluating him? Ok.. Both games were among his first 4, he has made some very impressive improvements since then.

And Tannehill played the Cards in his first four too. Level playing field. Actually it was probably more in Russell's favor based on the fact that when they played Ryan the Cards had seen three games of his.

Take nothing away from Russell. Right now, give me the choice between the two and I go with Ryan.

JJ89

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
JJ89 wrote:
Brodie wrote:

khodder wrote:

And Tannehill played the Cards in his first four too. Level playing field. Actually it was probably more in Russell's favor based on the fact that when they played Ryan the Cards had seen three games of his.

Take nothing away from Russell. Right now, give me the choice between the two and I go with Ryan.

Difference is that Wilson has gotten better were as Tannehill has regressed . Lets compare all there games instead of the two games were Wilson was at his worst.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJ89 wrote:
khodder wrote:
JJ89 wrote:
Brodie wrote:

khodder wrote:

Difference is that Wilson has gotten better were as Tannehill has regressed . Lets compare all there games instead of the two games were Wilson was at his worst.

I am apathetic to the comparison, but it's unfair to compare both QB's at a point which isn't indicative of their current play.

I still like Tannehill. Although he is much more of a project compared to Russell Wilson, he has his own set of intangibles that can't be taught.

Now on the comparison of arms? It's hard to say that either player has a clearly better arm. Russell Wilson definitely throws a beautiful ball.

Last edited by Tooki on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
titwio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
This is like comparing Peyton Manning to Alex Smith. Ryan Tannehill easily.

Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: