Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ryan Tannehill VS Russell Wilson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you rather have?
Ryan Tannehill
39%
 39%  [ 33 ]
Russell WIlson
41%
 41%  [ 35 ]
To early to call
19%
 19%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 84

RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson. Only because I'm a fan of him though. It's honestly too early to tell, and I'd say Tannehill has the higher ceiling because he has looked brilliant at times.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Way too early to tell. I think Tannehill has been asked to do more so far.

Tannehill has been asked to do far more with less talent. Wilson is only throwing, what, 25 times a game?

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now easily Tannehill.

I hate the Jaguars
RandomCampBody

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing Tannehill does better than wilson right now and in college is be 6 foot 4 vs 5 foot 11.
Plush

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomCampBody wrote:
The only thing Tannehill does better than wilson right now and in college is be 6 foot 4 vs 5 foot 11.

Exactly. Russell Wilson has also outperformed Tannehill beyond the stat sheet. I know people saying it's "easily Ryan" have not seen Russell play this year, especially if they think the difference is Peyton manning to Alex smith...that's a joke. Hes shown much better leadership, shown up in the clutch, and has had better poise as a field general. Not to mention he's shown far more improvement from game to game as a player

Seattle may also have a better overall receiving corp than Miami, but lets not pretend like that makes it good. Seattles leading receiver last year was a udfa and the year before that mike Williams -_-. It's no coincidence that they are putting up better numbers with better QB play
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Tannehill for me, i just see a more talented player playing for a team who most expected to be bottom 5.
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
RandomCampBody wrote:

Exactly. Russell Wilson has also outperformed Tannehill beyond the stat sheet. I know people saying it's "easily Ryan" have not seen Russell play this year, especially if they think the difference is Peyton manning to Alex smith...that's a joke. Hes shown much better leadership, shown up in the clutch, and has had better poise as a field general. Not to mention he's shown far more improvement from game to game as a player

Seattle may also have a better overall receiving corp than Miami, but lets not pretend like that makes it good. Seattles leading receiver last year was a udfa and the year before that mike Williams -_-. It's no coincidence that they are putting up better numbers with better QB play

We do have better playmakers in Seattle though. Sidney Rice can make big catches and Golden Tate is a (very) poor man's Percy Harvin.

Ryan Tannehill is definitely asked to do more than Russell though, although I expect Russell Wilson's intangibles to come through as he matures as a player.
JJ89

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will agree that Tannehill is asked to do more than Wilson is.

Why does it make Tannehill better that he was drafted by the worst team tough?. In the scenario were one guy is asked to trow the ball a lot more, you expect him to put up higher volume and you expect the other guy to be more efficient with his touches, with is exactly the case here:

Wilson: 62,1%, 1827 yards, 7,2 YPA, 15 TD, 8 Int, 90,5 QBR
Tannehill: 58,1%, 2120 yards, 6,9 YPA, 6 TD, 11 Int, 70,8 QBR

I agree that Wilson has a better supporting cast, but the biggest change on our offense is the new QB. Last year Jackson had the same offense that Wilson does, but did an awful job, our leading receiver was an UDFA, I would argue that it's the change in QB that made the change in WR play and not the other way around.

I don't undertand why playing on the worse team makes you the better player? I think it's close, because of the differences in what is expected of them, but I'm confident that Wilson will keep his play up as he gets more touches, theres no reason to think otherwise.

I'm taking Wilson.. Why does Tannehill have the higher ceiling?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannehill is destroying the thread, but losing in the poll.

Confused

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Tannehill is destroying the thread, but losing in the poll.

Confused

The box score watchers always vote but don't always post.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJ89 wrote:
I agree that Wilson has a better supporting cast, but the biggest change on our offense is the new QB. Last year Jackson had the same offense that Wilson does, but did an awful job, our leading receiver was an UDFA, I would argue that it's the change in QB that made the change in WR play and not the other way around.

This part of your argument I don't agree with at all. Who was supposed to be your leading receiver last season? Rice who was always hurt last season? Miller who was primarily blocking? Tate?

Come on now...
Brodie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched both Wilson and Tennehill play against the rams, gotta go with the Tannehill

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJ89 wrote:
I will agree that Tannehill is asked to do more than Wilson is.

Why does it make Tannehill better that he was drafted by the worst team tough?. In the scenario were one guy is asked to trow the ball a lot more, you expect him to put up higher volume and you expect the other guy to be more efficient with his touches, with is exactly the case here:

Wilson: 62,1%, 1827 yards, 7,2 YPA, 15 TD, 8 Int, 90,5 QBR
Tannehill: 58,1%, 2120 yards, 6,9 YPA, 6 TD, 11 Int, 70,8 QBR

I don't undertand why playing on the worse team makes you the better player? I think it's close, because of the differences in what is expected of them, but I'm confident that Wilson will keep his play up as he gets more touches, theres no reason to think otherwise.

I'm taking Wilson.. Why does Tannehill have the higher ceiling?

Because he has a similar arm, far better size, similar athleticism and has pocket presence/doesn't crumble under pressure.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to see how Tannehill is almost a consensus answer in here. I think it's almost 50/50 at this point and both QBs are looking great for the most part as rookies. I'm sure both fanbases are happy with who they have under center now.
footy_29

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell Wilson dancing around his pocket drives me nuts - feel so bad for his offensive line sometimes. He's got a nice deep ball, but other than some intangible aspects, it's hard to even compare him to Tannehill. As said, Tannehill has an inferior supporting cast (by a hefty margin) and has very well this season.

Tannehill I see as a franchise QB, Russell Wilson as more of a below-average starter who is eventually phased out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: