Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

An Overlooked Topic: Turnover Differential
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GeneralTso


Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 7257
Location: Props to Rase on Sig
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: An Overlooked Topic: Turnover Differential Reply with quote

Currently, the Lions sit -7 in turnover differential as opposed to +11 last year. I know people are saying that coaching has been bad this year, but turnover differential IS associated with team success and it falls squarely on the players' execution.
_________________
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Yeah, [Mike] Wallace would be like 4th fastest on the Raiders.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 50872
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It falls on coaching too. Putting players in position to succeed is coaching
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeneralTso


Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 7257
Location: Props to Rase on Sig
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh come on, did you see Stafford's second Int yesterday? That was either on Stafford for throwing behind Scheffler or Scheffler for not hauling it in. You're going to tell me it's Linehan's fault for calling that route?
_________________
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Yeah, [Mike] Wallace would be like 4th fastest on the Raiders.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19349
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it's a major issue. Our defense has been bad at causing turnovers this year. However the lack of consistent offensive drives is a bigger issue and adds to the negative TO ratio. A three and out is a turn over pretty much and we have a ton of those.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 50872
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralTso wrote:
Oh come on, did you see Stafford's second Int yesterday? That was either on Stafford for throwing behind Scheffler or Scheffler for not hauling it in. You're going to tell me it's Linehan's fault for calling that route?



Yea because one play is same for all.

Break them all down if you want but coaching is JUST AS much to blame
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeneralTso


Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 7257
Location: Props to Rase on Sig
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:
Oh come on, did you see Stafford's second Int yesterday? That was either on Stafford for throwing behind Scheffler or Scheffler for not hauling it in. You're going to tell me it's Linehan's fault for calling that route?



Yea because one play is same for all.

Break them all down if you want but coaching is JUST AS much to blame


What does this even mean?

Are you going to actually provide support for your argument?
_________________
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Yeah, [Mike] Wallace would be like 4th fastest on the Raiders.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 50872
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralTso wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:
Oh come on, did you see Stafford's second Int yesterday? That was either on Stafford for throwing behind Scheffler or Scheffler for not hauling it in. You're going to tell me it's Linehan's fault for calling that route?



Yea because one play is same for all.

Break them all down if you want but coaching is JUST AS much to blame


What does this even mean?

Are you going to actually provide support for your argument?


What have u provided except one play and some numbers?

Yea that is what I thought.
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8908
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:
Oh come on, did you see Stafford's second Int yesterday? That was either on Stafford for throwing behind Scheffler or Scheffler for not hauling it in. You're going to tell me it's Linehan's fault for calling that route?



Yea because one play is same for all.

Break them all down if you want but coaching is JUST AS much to blame


What does this even mean?

Are you going to actually provide support for your argument?


What have u provided except one play and some numbers?

Yea that is what I thought.


That is still one play and some numbers more than you ever provide.
_________________
FootballPhreak wrote:
I would absolutely take Stafford over Rivers


Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 50872
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:
Oh come on, did you see Stafford's second Int yesterday? That was either on Stafford for throwing behind Scheffler or Scheffler for not hauling it in. You're going to tell me it's Linehan's fault for calling that route?



Yea because one play is same for all.

Break them all down if you want but coaching is JUST AS much to blame


What does this even mean?

Are you going to actually provide support for your argument?


What have u provided except one play and some numbers?

Yea that is what I thought.





That is still one play and some numbers more than you ever provide.



It's all opinion even with one play he showed. To say it is all player execution is laughable.

Linehan not calling no huddle offense more often is on Linehan. Gunther not teaching guys how to blitz better is Gunther.
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeneralTso


Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 7257
Location: Props to Rase on Sig
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can provide so many more examples. I think the players are more at fault on offense because they have the ball in their hands while defensively, it's more just on Gunther to sometimes call better plays.
_________________
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Yeah, [Mike] Wallace would be like 4th fastest on the Raiders.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralTso wrote:
I can provide so many more examples. I think the players are more at fault on offense because they have the ball in their hands while defensively, it's more just on Gunther to sometimes call better plays.
Lol. That's not fair.

Gunther can't help that his safeties blow, or that his LBs whiff and are out of position when they're supposed to be covering a LB.

Plenty of blame to go around on the schemes, play-calling, and execution. Starts at the top IMO, and that's Mayhew and Schwartz.
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 50872
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralTso wrote:
I can provide so many more examples. I think the players are more at fault on offense because they have the ball in their hands while defensively, it's more just on Gunther to sometimes call better plays.



Got it so only D cord is at fault. Makes sense
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeneralTso


Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 7257
Location: Props to Rase on Sig
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:
I can provide so many more examples. I think the players are more at fault on offense because they have the ball in their hands while defensively, it's more just on Gunther to sometimes call better plays.



Got it so only D cord is at fault. Makes sense


D coord is more at fault. Offensive players just gotta secure the ball (Looking at you Pettigrew).
_________________
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Yeah, [Mike] Wallace would be like 4th fastest on the Raiders.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 50872
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralTso wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:
I can provide so many more examples. I think the players are more at fault on offense because they have the ball in their hands while defensively, it's more just on Gunther to sometimes call better plays.



Got it so only D cord is at fault. Makes sense


D coord is more at fault. Offensive players just gotta secure the ball (Looking at you Pettigrew).



Yea right. There is reason why more people calling for Linehan gear then Gunther. For Gunther to even have the defense as good as it is with the crap secondary they have is amazing. He adjusts the best of the two as the game goes on.

Linehan is stubborn. He doesn't call stuff that fits Stafford strength. His play call secretion is so predictable a 9 year old could call what's next.

The offense lacks creativity, adaptability, flexibility or even a simple hint of cohesive.

You don't see other coaches getting into Gunthers face on sideline.

Linehan is easily more at fault given his weapons on offense then Gunther on D with makeshift starters
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 26758
Location: #JDI
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ints in the rams game were on Linehan (1 is iffy though). The Jenkins pick is the iffy one. Why was that the 1st read? But, why did Scheffler not get a good release?

The Dunbar pick is on Linehan. He knew the route before the play.

The Finnegan int is on Linehan too, the routes were easily predictable and caused an int.


Just some examples to even out the argument.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group