Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Belated week 11 GDT: GB vs. Detroit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stylish313

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Titus has been a headache since he's been here in Detroit. Honestly, I'd demote his A to STs for the rest of the season. Put him there again next season until either his attitude improves, or he proves he can't even contribute on STs and then cut his sorry A.

I don't want to come into enemy territory and rip one of your guys, but this has always been kind of the story on Young. At Boise he had a bit of a rep for being a diva, and for a guy whose skillset was more or less perfect to be a top notch slot guy, it always seemed like he thought of himself as worthy of the Calvin Johnson role (he didn't really deign to run anything across the middle for the Broncos, but he sure did love running vertical).

Young can be great if someone can get his head screwed on straight. That might be a bit of a tall order.

But Broyles looks great for you guys, I'm not sure I wouldn't put him ahead of Young.
Problem is they play two different roles. Young is playing outside here in Detroit, with Broyles playing in the slot.

Broyles will probably quickly move ahead of Titus in targets, but Titus is gonna leave a huge void opposite Calvin if he continues to be a bust. His lackadaisical attitude is probably effecting our offensive chemistry more than we knew as well.
38andy38

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought what was most telling in the Gif wasn't Jefferson's outburst but the looks on the players faces around them. Maybe reading to much into a short, slowed down clip but not a whole lot of belief/trust in the eyes of those players looking at Linehan. I noticed too that no one made an effort to step between them, Stafford actually backs away and turns his back. One of those coaches if not both wont be here next year. My bet Linehan.

2013 Adopt A Lion - Reggie Bush
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the game. And while Titus didn't do much, none of the receivers were really coming up big, besides Broyles when he actually got a throw. Rolling Eyes Scheffler has looked awful lately. Titus can't seem to hold onto anything. Calvin is even dropping passes. I know Linehan calls the plays, but when it's more than one receiver who can't seperate or reel one in, you have to start blaming the players and WR/TE coach. Yeah, Stafford had a couple erratic throws, but when I watched it back, some of them were timing throws and our players weren't seperating from the defender and getting to their spot in time. There were also numerous throws when Stafford hit them directly in the hands, sometimes wide open, and they still didn't make the play.

Same thing on defense, Gunther calls the plays, but when no one in our secondary can turn and locate the damn ball, it's time we start to think about replacing the secondary coach. It's the coordinators job to scheme and playcall, it's the coaches job to teach the fundamentals to players and have them ready to play.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Detroit was ever going to beat the Packers this was the week. The Packers missing 4 pro bowlers, the Lions defense playing really well up front and even in the secondary most of the game, and the special teams did not fall apart. I don't get to see too many Lions games because I am a Packer fan and live in Wis but what is with Stafford's side arm throws. Those balls that sailed on him looked like he was throwing side arm. The kid has a very bad habit right now and it shows in the record don't you think. I've got Calvin on my fantasy team so I was rooting for him and the Packers - go figure.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why you all ripped on the Packer fan base because of one isolated post. Further, that was a poorly officiated game both ways. Young engaged Hayward in the end zone and there were multiple missed holds on Moses and your DBs. Point is: it sucked both ways. Very ugly game in general.

Best of luck against Houston. I'm looking forward to that game!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22

Jump to: