Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Belated week 11 GDT: GB vs. Detroit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brettizzle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lions on top wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
From the Packers' postgame thread:
Packerfaninmn wrote:
The Lions are still the lions. A terrible, garbage franchise.

Two thoughts come to mind:
1. I'm glad I can't watch the games right now.
2. I'm glad I check back here far less than I used to.

A garbage team they barely beat because the refs had to bail them out

Comments like this make me wish Fairley just threw A-Rod to the ground and ended his season... which isn't fair cause it's not even the team as much as the fans, though I really don't like Rodgers subtle cockiness, but that's a QB for ya. You could tell Fairley had to think long and hard about throwing him though, he wanted to Laughing

There are some messed up people on the internet.

Lmao I know PAckers fans ain't talking.
Back to your dungeon.

^^^Footballs Future: Where trolling of Packers fans is encouraged
Green90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brettizzle wrote:
lions on top wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
From the Packers' postgame thread:
Packerfaninmn wrote:
The Lions are still the lions. A terrible, garbage franchise.

Two thoughts come to mind:
1. I'm glad I can't watch the games right now.
2. I'm glad I check back here far less than I used to.

A garbage team they barely beat because the refs had to bail them out

Comments like this make me wish Fairley just threw A-Rod to the ground and ended his season... which isn't fair cause it's not even the team as much as the fans, though I really don't like Rodgers subtle cockiness, but that's a QB for ya. You could tell Fairley had to think long and hard about throwing him though, he wanted to Laughing

There are some messed up people on the internet.

Honestly man, just stay in the Packers forum. Things went relatively alright today on here but we don't need to be starting crap now.
Spartacus1337

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
Honestly, I would be embarrassed to be a Packers fan. Yeah, their franchise is great and all, but their fans are just awful. I would hate to be grouped in with them.

Honestly its stuff like this that we can live without. There was one Packer fan who made a bad comment about the lions. Read the thread before you post garbage like this. Judging a whole fan base by one post is garbage.

I AM GOLTHAR THE TERRIBLE, WHAT HAVE I TO FEAR FROM ROME? - Aaron Rodgers
stylish313

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, today was the most peaceful our forums have been in forever during a GB/Det matchup. Let's ignore the one or two unnecessary comments, and keep the discussion on our respective clubs.

Here in the Lions Den, we've got a ton to discuss. I may try to put up my first mock of the season. Gonna be a challenge on my phone though.
Lionsfanforever

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartacus1337 wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
Honestly, I would be embarrassed to be a Packers fan. Yeah, their franchise is great and all, but their fans are just awful. I would hate to be grouped in with them.

Honestly its stuff like this that we can live without. There was one Packer fan who made a bad comment about the lions. Read the thread before you post garbage like this. Judging a whole fan base by one post is garbage.

If you have a problem with him PM him don't bring it into our thread.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:

The actions of a few don't tell the story of the many. Don't talk about another fan base like that. You wouldn't appreciate anyone talking about Lions fans like that. It's also against the rules, and beyond that is extremely negative toward our attempts to repair the lines of communication between the fan bases here on Footballs Future. Please don't let it happen again.

Lets drop the issue and focus on the game so I don't have to lock this thread, please.
Lionsfanforever

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone talked about already but the reason why Jefferson was yelling at Linehan was because Jefferson want Titus benched.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lionsfanforever wrote:
I don't know if anyone talked about already but the reason why Jefferson was yelling at Linehan was because Jefferson want Titus benched.

Got a link? If true I can see why. He really does not seem interested out there.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:

Got a link? If true I can see why. He really does not seem interested out there.

Lions assistant Shawn Jefferson rips into coordinator Scott Linehan during loss against Packers

Quote:
Lions receivers coach Shawn Jefferson voiced his displeasure with offensive coordinator Scott Linehan's play-calling with 1:13 remaining in the game. Detroit previously faced first-and-10 on Green Bay's 10-yard line, but the Lions were forced to settle a Jason Hanson 27-yard field goal. Detroit only led 20-14 with 4:25 remaining.

Quote:
During a Green Bay timeout, Jefferson was seen yelling at Linehan and voiced, "I said throw the ball." As Jefferson walked away, Linehan did not respond.

Lions coach Jim Schwartz would not discuss the confrontation after the game.

"I'd rather not go into it," Schwartz said. "Everybody was disappointed not to be able to score a touchdown on that last drive."

Quote:
Jefferson's frustration occurred because Linehan called only one passing play on Green Bay's 10-yard line.

X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions coaches Scott Linehan, Shawn Jefferson have heated exchange about Titus Young

Quote:
Late in the fourth quarter of their 24-20 loss to the Green Bay Packers, Fox TV cameras caught Lions receivers coach Shawn Jefferson yelling at offensive coordinator Scott Linehan on the sideline about receiver Titus Young.

Jefferson appeared to mouth, “Take him out. I can’t do it no more.” The clip aired with 1:13 left in the fourth quarter, shortly after Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford threw four straight incompletions – two to Young – on a drive that stalled at their own 20-yard line.

Young, who’s been in and out of the doghouse for his erratic behavior, was benched for the Lions’ final three offensive plays on their next series.

Quote:
Receiver Calvin Johnson hesitated when asked about Young's absence on the final drive, then said he “wasn’t aware of that," and offensive guard Rob Sims said “morale is fine” despite two straight losses that have nearly eliminated the Lions from playoff contention.

“One thing you understand, this is our profession, this is what we do,” Sims said. “We’re going to get heated about certain stuff. That’s one thing that we don’t have a problem with doing. It’s over as soon as it’s over and when you’re passionate about what you’re doing, when you’re passionate about your job, coaching and playing, tempers are going to fly sometimes."

GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I come in peace.

Tough to say.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:

@davebirkett: Updated: Lions coaches Scott Linehan, Shawn Jefferson have heated exchange about Titus Young late in loss to Packers http://t.co/gLBVrid6

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promote Shawn Jefferson to OC! Laughing
stylish313

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus has been a headache since he's been here in Detroit. Honestly, I'd demote his A to STs for the rest of the season. Put him there again next season until either his attitude improves, or he proves he can't even contribute on STs and then cut his sorry A.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Titus has been a headache since he's been here in Detroit. Honestly, I'd demote his A to STs for the rest of the season. Put him there again next season until either his attitude improves, or he proves he can't even contribute on STs and then cut his sorry A.

I don't want to come into enemy territory and rip one of your guys, but this has always been kind of the story on Young. At Boise he had a bit of a rep for being a diva, and for a guy whose skillset was more or less perfect to be a top notch slot guy, it always seemed like he thought of himself as worthy of the Calvin Johnson role (he didn't really deign to run anything across the middle for the Broncos, but he sure did love running vertical).

Young can be great if someone can get his head screwed on straight. That might be a bit of a tall order.

But Broyles looks great for you guys, I'm not sure I wouldn't put him ahead of Young.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: