Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Blowup mock offseason
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xenajets

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Blowup mock offseason Reply with quote

GM: Eric DeCosta- Worked with Newsome and gained knowledge and understanding of how they draft so successfully.
HC:Chip Kelly- Gets his shot in the NFL and gives us an offense that can score points and be exciting.

Cuts:

Bart Scott- Too old now and can't play against a no-huddle offense
Calvin Pace- Doesn't set the edge like he used to and cant rush passer
Jason Smith- Bring him back on a low contract
Eric Smith- Don't even need an explanation
Bryan Thomas- Great servant but too old and slow now
Bilal Powell- Needs upgrading

Trades:

Tim Tebow to Jacksonville for a 5th round pick- Not used in situations he was brought here for so its a waste of his abilities and our time. Let him go home and sell tickets for the Jags.

Mark Sanchez to Kansas City Chiefs for a 6th round pick- They will probably get either Geno or Barkely so they will need a vet for competition, we free ourselves from Mark and go in a new direction which is needed desperately.

Kyle Wilson to New Orleans Saints for Chris Ivory and a 4th round pick- The Saints need cornerback help in a huge way and when Revis comes back i expect Wilson to want to start somewhere which he would in NO. Ivory gives us a powerful back whos lost behind Sproles, Ingram and Thomas.

James Jones from GB for a 5th and 6th round pick- Dude is a player with so much quality but when GB have Jennings,Nelson and Cobb all healthy he will get lost again on their depth chart.

Resign:

Dustin Keller (franchised)- Obvious why he needs to stay!
LaRon Landry- Fits into what we are doing on defense
Yeremiah Bell- Probably a role player next year and mentor
Ricky Sapp- Needs to start getting more playing time
Mike DeVito- Great team player and locker room guy
Nick Folk- Very underrated, love his play this year
Jason Smith- Like what he has done for us and he does have potential

Free Agency:

Mike Vick- He will certainly be released after the season with that contract, we will look to take a QB early next year as this year nobody has done much for me. Vick gives us the perfect QB to run Chip Kelly's fast and explosive offense.

Andy Levitre- Replacement for Moore, younger and better!

Shaun Phillips- Not going to cost anywhere near what Barwin or Avril will but can still give us 2-3 years of quality play.

Mike Jenkins- Give him a one year deal as our slot corner who if he plays well probably gets a big deal next year with someone else.

Tarvaris Jackson- One year deal as a backup quarterback.

Draft:

We have needed to trade down and get more picks for years now so with our new Gm hopefully we will become more smart.

I have us picking at 6 at the moment so we trade down to 24 and pick up an extra 2nd and 2014 4th.

1. (24)
2. (39)
2. (56)
3. (69)
4. (102)
4. (109)
5. (141)
6. (173)
7. (213)

1.(24) Dion Jordan OLB - Oregon - 6'6 250lbs- Dude is a beast who can set the edge, rush the passer and cover slot receivers and tight ends.

2.(39) DJ Fluker - OT - Alabama - 6'6 340lbs- Would come in and give competition to Howard at right tackle and in my opinion win out.

2.(56) Jonathan Cooper - OG - North Carolina - 6'3 310lbs- Start from opening day over Slauson.

3.(69) Michael Buchanan - OLB - Illinois - 6'5 240lbs- Gives us a developmental linebacker who can come in for passing situations and eventually take over from Phillips in a year or two.

4.(102) Kenjon Barner - RB - Orgeon - 5'11 195lbs- Unbelievable speed and quickness who can form a great partnership with Ivory in the backfield.

4.(109) C.J. Fiedorowicz - TE - Iowa - 6'6 265lbs- Huge, huge target with good speed, has the size and athletic ability to be our version of Gronk.

5.(141) 5. (129) Aaron Mellette WR - Elon - 6'3 220lbs- Another target for Vick as we reform our wide receiver position. Runs a 4.34 so brings more speed to this offense which is needed for Chip Kelly.

6.(173) Kyle Fuller - CB - Virginia Tech - 6'0 195lbs- Depth at cornerback and potential to take over from Mike Jenkins if he doesn't get a new contract.

7.(213) Jon Bostic - ILB - Florida - 6'1 246lbs- We need depth with Bart gone so i select a player with real upside and potential.

Final Depth Chart Green-FA Blue-Draft picks

QB: M.Vick, T.Jackson, G.McElroy
RB: C.Ivory, K.Barner, J.McKnight
FB: L.Hilliard
WR: S.Holmes, J.Kerley, J.White
WR: J.Jones, S.Hill, A.Mellette
TE: D.Keller,C.J.Fiedorowicz, K.Reuland
LT: D.Ferguson, J.Smith
LG: J.Cooper, V.Ducasse
C: N.Mangold, V.Ducasse
RG: A.Levitre, V.Ducasse
RT: D.J.Fluker, A.Howard

DE: M.Wilkerson, M.Devito,
NT: S.Pohua, K.Ellis, D.Harrison
DE: Q.Coples, M.Devito
OLB: S.Phillips, M. Buchanan
MLB: D.Harris, J.Bostic
MLB: D.Davis, J.Mauga
OLB: D.Jordan, R.Sapp
CB: D.Revis, M.Jenkins,I.Trufant
FS: Y.Bell, J.Bush
SS: L.Landry, A.Allen
CB: A.Cromartie, K.Fuller,A.Berry

K: N.Folk
P: R.Malone
LS: T.Purdum
KR: J.McKnight,
PR: K.Barner

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say I do like it alot. Love what you did to the OL.

Props to Mack on the sig
xenajets

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
I must say I do like it alot. Love what you did to the OL.

Thanks man

RDawg10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love everything about it, except vick. As long as its like a one or 2 year deal im happy.

Im not sure if we have the money to get all those free agents but we will see.

If tyler bray comes out this year though, we gotta go get him.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your draft but theres no way in hell that we trade a 6th overall pick and get only a 2nd round in return for a 24th overall pick. We'd likely have to get a 3rd as well. But I love the fact you traded down.

James Jones isn't getting traded. It would be absolutely retarded of the Packers to do so and for a 5th round pick? Your not finding another James Jones in the 5th round this year. Hes a stud and is having a career year. It makes no sense for them.

I honestly like everything else except Vick, but I have a bad feeling hes going to end up here or Dallas. I truly hope they dont cut him, but it wouldnt surprise me the least. However if everything happened this way we would be legitimate again with Chip Kelly as HC and Vick at QB. It could be awesome or it could be a disaster lol

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
green24

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not like Vick at all. Not a huge fan of Shaun Phillips either. Don't see why Bilal Powell would be cut. Awful value trading down from the 6th pick. The rest is pretty solid.
JerseyJet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider drafting ej Manuel instead of acquiring tavaris Jackson ?
xenajets

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trade down value is not accurate i apologise maybe a 2014 1st or 2nd thrown in aswel, building foundations to create a quality super bowl contending team in nezt couple of years.

When Vick was back in the league i wanted him then and to put him with Chip Kelly i think would be freakin explosive to say the least. And yeah RDawg im thinking a 2 year deal to give us insurance!!

rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My negatives:

I don't think we can pull James Jones for those picks. He has been great. They might even let Jennings walk because of how good him, Cobb, and Nelson has been. So I have my doubts about us getting him this year.

At one point I was a fan of Fluker, but he is to slow to play RT IMO. He would be a better OG.

Don't really need Travaris Jackson.

My Positives:

Great draft. I'm a fan of Jordan.

I'm not the biggest fan of Vick, but I can see this move happening. His price tag is not going to be to high. He is not going to be looked at as our QB of the future. I'm confident that he can play better than he has this year under a scheme change.

I really like Ivory, and hope we really do pick him up.

Overall, I wouldn't be mad about this one. I like it. We get pass rushers, Stronger OLine, running backs, and a QB who could hold the position until we can draft a good QB.

Quote:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NY is a place I could see Chip going TBH. He is a NE guy and would like to go back there.

A few notes from me:

Take it for what it's worth but Mel Kiper has Barner as a early second round and the #1 RB coming out. If he is correct, grabbing him in the 4th means a very weak class.

IDK how great Vick would be for Chip. Chip said he will change his system and he doesn't ask his QB to run as much as people think anyways.

Sig bet
xenajets

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
My negatives:

I don't think we can pull James Jones for those picks. He has been great. They might even let Jennings walk because of how good him, Cobb, and Nelson has been. So I have my doubts about us getting him this year.

At one point I was a fan of Fluker, but he is to slow to play RT IMO. He would be a better OG.

My Positives:

I'm not the biggest fan of Vick, but I can see this move happening. His price tag is not going to be to high. He is not going to be looked at as our QB of the future. I'm confident that he can play better than he has this year under a scheme change.

Overall, I wouldn't be mad about this one. I like it. We get pass rushers, Stronger OLine, running backs, and a QB who could hold the position until we can draft a good QB.

I think from the feedback the James Jones trade may be not possible. and the reason i have us getting Jackson is because we would need insurance in case Vick got hurt and he is the best possible FA who coukd replica is play so we wouldnt have to change system. As for Vick i see the Eagles firing Reid this offseason and rolling with Foles at QB.

ekill08x

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
My negatives:

My Positives:

I think from the feedback the James Jones trade may be not possible. and the reason i have us getting Jackson is because we would need insurance in case Vick got hurt and he is the best possible FA who coukd replica is play so we wouldnt have to change system. As for Vick i see the Eagles firing Reid this offseason and rolling with Foles at QB.

I think someone made an early mock even last year of us trading to get james jones and we once inquired about him. From that point on he was an automatic trade in alot of mocks. Before this season that would have been a wonderful trade.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
xenajets

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
xenajets wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
My negatives:

My Positives:

I think someone made an early mock even last year of us trading to get james jones and we once inquired about him. From that point on he was an automatic trade in alot of mocks. Before this season that would have been a wonderful trade.

Yeah i think maybe to save money GB might let Jennings and Driver go therefore the need to keep James is clear.

Jetsman82

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like everything, but the QB situation. Vick is terrible, and so is Jackson. They're both moderate improvements at best our current situation.

I'd want to bring in a guy like Jason Campbell or Matt Moore. Someone who is clearly a stop gap and won't "mess it up".
xenajets

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
I like everything, but the QB situation. Vick is terrible, and so is Jackson. They're both moderate improvements at best our current situation.

I'd want to bring in a guy like Jason Campbell or Matt Moore. Someone who is clearly a stop gap and won't "mess it up".

Imo i think Vick with that offensive line and a coach like Chip Kelly would make him a legit top 10 qb. The only reason i would sign Jackson is because i dont feel there would be a qb available who we could get in the draft. As for Moore and Campbell i like them both but dont see them being as good or explosive as Vick woukd be in this situation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: