Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11 non-Viking games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 47479
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Ideal scenario for this week would have been

Tampa Bay
Dallas
Green Bay
Atlanta

All losing


Why Atlanta? They are going to runaway with there division, they are basically playoff locks. I guess if you think Tampa could catch them, I could see Tampa winning the division as being better for us but that probably isnt realistic. I think the Cards have a better chance of rallying back than the Bucs do of winning the division. Therefore, the Cards losing could help as well. just one more loss for them to overcome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 13834
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

husker_vikes3 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
yeah, they just handed Greenbay another victory.

GB isn't even that good. They sure are lucky though.



Think


since that game, I think just about everything has gone in their favor.

Hell, that GB defensive back literally hugged the WR to stop him from catching the go ahead TD and the ref didn't call it. That was by far the most blatant attempt of DPI and they didn't call it.

and then of course Detroit kept on having penalty after penalty. That Gosder Cherilus is downright awful. Jacob Lacey was in a great position to intercept another errant pass of Rodgers, but one half second too late, and its a Touchdown to Randall Cobb.

I guess its just hard to beat 2 teams when you play the Packers.

and the thing is, the only great player right now for them that isn't injured is Aaron Rodgers. They ride or die through him.

/rant
_________________

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Nbanflguy


Joined: 16 Jan 2011
Posts: 628
Location: Minnesota
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that it really matter because we still got 6 games left, but the Vikings started the day out of the playoffs and ended the day as the 6th seed. I guess since we are tied with tampa and seattle, we win the tie breaker based off conference record.
_________________
"Friends dont let friends be Packer fans"
Vikings Fanatic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nbanflguy


Joined: 16 Jan 2011
Posts: 628
Location: Minnesota
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just Looked at Tampa Bay's schedule, and it doesnt look like we will have to worry about them. They have to face Atlanta twice, New Orleans in NO, and Denver.
_________________
"Friends dont let friends be Packer fans"
Vikings Fanatic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 47479
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nbanflguy wrote:
Just Looked at Tampa Bay's schedule, and it doesnt look like we will have to worry about them. They have to face Atlanta twice, New Orleans in NO, and Denver.


New Orleans is starting to play well, cant forget about them making a run at this point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Robb_K


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 294
Location: Oude Niedorp, Netherlands
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nbanflguy wrote:
Not that it really matter because we still got 6 games left, but the Vikings started the day out of the playoffs and ended the day as the 6th seed. I guess since we are tied with tampa and seattle, we win the tie breaker based off conference record.


We don't win the tie-breaker vs. Seattle. The Seahawks win that based on their head-to-head win. The Vikes will need to go 4-2 in remaining games (10-6 record) to make The Playoffs. I don't think 9-7 will get them in. They are going to need to shore up their defence, and Ponder is going to have to be more consistent, and use his personnel better, to get that done.
_________________
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9633/av5e.jpg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CriminalMind


Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 4753
Location: Toronto, CA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robb_K wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
Not that it really matter because we still got 6 games left, but the Vikings started the day out of the playoffs and ended the day as the 6th seed. I guess since we are tied with tampa and seattle, we win the tie breaker based off conference record.


We don't win the tie-breaker vs. Seattle. The Seahawks win that based on their head-to-head win. The Vikes will need to go 4-2 in remaining games (10-6 record) to make The Playoffs. I don't think 9-7 will get them in. They are going to need to shore up their defence, and Ponder is going to have to be more consistent, and use his personnel better, to get that done.


I agree,

9-7 (3-3 rest of the way) wont get us into the playoffs.
We lost the head-to-head matchup between both SEA and TB.
Vikings will need to go 4-2 to have a chance with a 10-6 record.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group