Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11 non-Viking games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Ideal scenario for this week would have been

Tampa Bay
Dallas
Green Bay
Atlanta

All losing

Why Atlanta? They are going to runaway with there division, they are basically playoff locks. I guess if you think Tampa could catch them, I could see Tampa winning the division as being better for us but that probably isnt realistic. I think the Cards have a better chance of rallying back than the Bucs do of winning the division. Therefore, the Cards losing could help as well. just one more loss for them to overcome.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

husker_vikes3 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
yeah, they just handed Greenbay another victory.

GB isn't even that good. They sure are lucky though.

Think

since that game, I think just about everything has gone in their favor.

Hell, that GB defensive back literally hugged the WR to stop him from catching the go ahead TD and the ref didn't call it. That was by far the most blatant attempt of DPI and they didn't call it.

and then of course Detroit kept on having penalty after penalty. That Gosder Cherilus is downright awful. Jacob Lacey was in a great position to intercept another errant pass of Rodgers, but one half second too late, and its a Touchdown to Randall Cobb.

I guess its just hard to beat 2 teams when you play the Packers.

and the thing is, the only great player right now for them that isn't injured is Aaron Rodgers. They ride or die through him.

/rant

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that it really matter because we still got 6 games left, but the Vikings started the day out of the playoffs and ended the day as the 6th seed. I guess since we are tied with tampa and seattle, we win the tie breaker based off conference record.
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just Looked at Tampa Bay's schedule, and it doesnt look like we will have to worry about them. They have to face Atlanta twice, New Orleans in NO, and Denver.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nbanflguy wrote:
Just Looked at Tampa Bay's schedule, and it doesnt look like we will have to worry about them. They have to face Atlanta twice, New Orleans in NO, and Denver.

New Orleans is starting to play well, cant forget about them making a run at this point.
Robb_K

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nbanflguy wrote:
Not that it really matter because we still got 6 games left, but the Vikings started the day out of the playoffs and ended the day as the 6th seed. I guess since we are tied with tampa and seattle, we win the tie breaker based off conference record.

We don't win the tie-breaker vs. Seattle. The Seahawks win that based on their head-to-head win. The Vikes will need to go 4-2 in remaining games (10-6 record) to make The Playoffs. I don't think 9-7 will get them in. They are going to need to shore up their defence, and Ponder is going to have to be more consistent, and use his personnel better, to get that done.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robb_K wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:

We don't win the tie-breaker vs. Seattle. The Seahawks win that based on their head-to-head win. The Vikes will need to go 4-2 in remaining games (10-6 record) to make The Playoffs. I don't think 9-7 will get them in. They are going to need to shore up their defence, and Ponder is going to have to be more consistent, and use his personnel better, to get that done.

I agree,

9-7 (3-3 rest of the way) wont get us into the playoffs.
We lost the head-to-head matchup between both SEA and TB.
Vikings will need to go 4-2 to have a chance with a 10-6 record.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: