Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12 GDT - Giants vs Packers - Oh god. So...week 13...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 7963
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Is Nicks back to 100%? How much does Cruz play out of the slot and who is normally the #3 and #4 WR's on the field for you guys? I am real interested to see how we play the match up game on defense.

Nicks should be as close to 100% as he can be. Cruz will be in the slot most of the game unless we are in 2 WR sets.

Domenik Hixon is the #3 WR and Ramses Barden or Rueben Randle will be the 4th.
Thank You, I have watched the 2 Cowboys games and the Panthers game but obviously things change depending on the health of the team. How healthy and how well is your O-line playing, I think this game is won and lost in the trenches. Should be a good one!
_________________



Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 8517
Location: USA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Acgott wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Is Nicks back to 100%? How much does Cruz play out of the slot and who is normally the #3 and #4 WR's on the field for you guys? I am real interested to see how we play the match up game on defense.

Nicks should be as close to 100% as he can be. Cruz will be in the slot most of the game unless we are in 2 WR sets.

Domenik Hixon is the #3 WR and Ramses Barden or Rueben Randle will be the 4th.
Thank You, I have watched the 2 Cowboys games and the Panthers game but obviously things change depending on the health of the team. How healthy and how well is your O-line playing, I think this game is won and lost in the trenches. Should be a good one!

The OL is really hard to get a handle on. They been doing good, besides RT David Diehl who for some reason was put back into the starting lineup for the game against the Steelers.

In the 6 games in which Diehl did not start the Giants allowed 3 sacks. In the 2 games he has been back, Giants have allowed 6 sacks.

Giants still lead the league in fewest sacks allowed though and are currently 13th in rushing. Compare that to last year where they finished 7th and 32nd respectively
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 7963
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Acgott wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Is Nicks back to 100%? How much does Cruz play out of the slot and who is normally the #3 and #4 WR's on the field for you guys? I am real interested to see how we play the match up game on defense.

Nicks should be as close to 100% as he can be. Cruz will be in the slot most of the game unless we are in 2 WR sets.

Domenik Hixon is the #3 WR and Ramses Barden or Rueben Randle will be the 4th.
Thank You, I have watched the 2 Cowboys games and the Panthers game but obviously things change depending on the health of the team. How healthy and how well is your O-line playing, I think this game is won and lost in the trenches. Should be a good one!

The OL is really hard to get a handle on. They been doing good, besides RT David Diehl who for some reason was put back into the starting lineup for the game against the Steelers.

In the 6 games in which Diehl did not start the Giants allowed 3 sacks. In the 2 games he has been back, Giants have allowed 6 sacks.

Giants still lead the league in fewest sacks allowed though and are currently 13th in rushing. Compare that to last year where they finished 7th and 32nd respectively
Thanks again for the info! Interesting match up, as of right now the Packers are 2nd in the NFL in sacks but every time I watch us I am not real impressed with our pass rush, especially our interior pass rush. This is a hard game to get a read on, could go either way.
_________________



Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IR0NM1KE


Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 11780
Location: Alderney City
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently we are 2.5pt favorites. Laughing The same team that got SMASHED by the Bengals.
_________________
W O R L D C H A M P I O N S '86, '90, '07, '11
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NYGiantsman10


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 9959
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:
Apparently we are 2.5pt favorites. Laughing The same team that got SMASHED by the Bengals.


Lolwut.

Im actually glad the Giants are playing a quality opponent like the Pack. The Pack has brought the best out of them in the past so maybe itll happen again?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Gmen4ev


Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 21556
Location: In west Philadelphia born and raised
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
IR0NM1KE wrote:
Ugh.... I was trying not to think about watching these shmucks play until after Thanksgiving (my favorite holiday). This thread just reminded me that eventually they will 'play' again. I really hate everyone on the team right now for how they have played their last 4 games.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the rebound.


I dislike most of the packers team as a whole ... they all seem like cocky arrogant jerks that I wouldn't want to hang out with. Most of their players are overrated and their fans think that every player is top 5 at their position.

I was so happy when we beat them in the playoffs because I thought it would derail their fans and stop them from thinking how everyone on their team is the best in the NFL ... but alas it didnt



wtf is the matter with you? we have dozens and dozens of players who are top 5 at their positions!

rodgers, matthews... ummm, and uhhh... our kicker obviously, best kicker in da leeege actually. oh wait, none of us think that.


Im not saying all of their fans say this ... but most (alot ive talked too) think that each player is one of the best at their position.
_________________


Not a Knicks fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 8415
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:
Apparently we are 2.5pt favorites. Laughing The same team that got SMASHED by the Bengals.


We lost to Indy and barely squeaked out a win against the Jags. Our O line is a mess with only one true tackle starting at left and Methuselah at center. We can't run the ball worth a damn either. Plus you are coming off your bye and we have a bunch of walking wounded who probably will not play. I don't think you guys have a lot to worry about. Confused
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GmenSeattle


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 10110
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
IR0NM1KE wrote:
Apparently we are 2.5pt favorites. Laughing The same team that got SMASHED by the Bengals.


We lost to Indy and barely squeaked out a win against the Jags. Our O line is a mess with only one true tackle starting at left and Methuselah at center. We can't run the ball worth a damn either. Plus you are coming off your bye and we have a bunch of walking wounded who probably will not play. I don't think you guys have a lot to worry about. Confused


You haven't been paying attention to the Giants I see. The way we've been playing the last month or so any team in the NFL makes me worry at least a little...and the Packers have won what, 5 straight and from what I can tell still have Aaron Rodgers at the helm...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phillipraz


Joined: 27 Oct 2007
Posts: 2784
Location: Phoenix, AZ
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as long as the giants have that D-line, I wont sleep easy at night
_________________
Twitter: fill3up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xfaxtor


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 13684
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillipraz wrote:
as long as the giants have that D-line, I wont sleep easy at night


That D-line has played well for two whole games this year. Its not what it used to be..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 8415
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Pugger wrote:
IR0NM1KE wrote:
Apparently we are 2.5pt favorites. Laughing The same team that got SMASHED by the Bengals.


We lost to Indy and barely squeaked out a win against the Jags. Our O line is a mess with only one true tackle starting at left and Methuselah at center. We can't run the ball worth a damn either. Plus you are coming off your bye and we have a bunch of walking wounded who probably will not play. I don't think you guys have a lot to worry about. Confused


You haven't been paying attention to the Giants I see. The way we've been playing the last month or so any team in the NFL makes me worry at least a little...and the Packers have won what, 5 straight and from what I can tell still have Aaron Rodgers at the helm...


True, we don't get many Giant games down here but as phillipraz said, as long as you have your D line and we have our O line I fear for Rodgers' safety. Rodgers isn't playing like he did in 2011 either.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 7963
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
phillipraz wrote:
as long as the giants have that D-line, I wont sleep easy at night


That D-line has played well for two whole games this year. Its not what it used to be..
Expect Sunday Night to be the 3rd good game they have had. You see the Giants D-line this is what our offensive line see's: JPP=Reggie White, Justin Tuck= Deacon Jones, Osi=Derrick Thomas Linval Joseph=Bruce Smith, Marvin Austin= John Randall. It's gunna be a fun game if you are a Giants fan and like watching QB's get hit.
_________________



Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dkebones


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 3691
Location: Giants fan in the Seahawk's backyard...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
phillipraz wrote:
as long as the giants have that D-line, I wont sleep easy at night


That D-line has played well for two whole games this year. Its not what it used to be..
Expect Sunday Night to be the 3rd good game they have had. You see the Giants D-line this is what our offensive line see's: JPP=Reggie White, Justin Tuck= Deacon Jones, Osi=Derrick Thomas Linval Joseph=Bruce Smith, Marvin Austin= John Randall. It's gunna be a fun game if you are a Giants fan and like watching QB's get hit.


appreciate the point you are trying to make, but Osi couldn't hold Derrick Thomas' jock Very Happy


sorry, just not an Osi fan...
_________________
“I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. They wake up in the morning and that’s the best they’re going to feel all day.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ECPackers


Joined: 24 Oct 2010
Posts: 1134
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
ECPackers wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
IR0NM1KE wrote:
Ugh.... I was trying not to think about watching these shmucks play until after Thanksgiving (my favorite holiday). This thread just reminded me that eventually they will 'play' again. I really hate everyone on the team right now for how they have played their last 4 games.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the rebound.


I dislike most of the packers team as a whole ... they all seem like cocky arrogant jerks that I wouldn't want to hang out with. Most of their players are overrated and their fans think that every player is top 5 at their position.

I was so happy when we beat them in the playoffs because I thought it would derail their fans and stop them from thinking how everyone on their team is the best in the NFL ... but alas it didnt



wtf is the matter with you? we have dozens and dozens of players who are top 5 at their positions!

rodgers, matthews... ummm, and uhhh... our kicker obviously, best kicker in da leeege actually. oh wait, none of us think that.


Im not saying all of their fans say this ... but most (alot ive talked too) think that each player is one of the best at their position.



i know what you mean... every team has those... problem is, when you're a team like the "packers" or "bears", or giants, cowboys...

any HUGE market or HUGE brand with lots of history is gonna have so much bandwagoners... its so annoying. i actually decided to stop buying packers jerseys, because when we win a game, if you go out, you see all these people reppin' ... if you lose, its as if it never happened. hate bandwagons.



anyways. both teams have played... 'undesirably' so far... i have only ever picked the packers to lose a game one time.. (vs the texans this year)..... that turned out well, heh.

i guess i can count on us winning this, then being crushed by eli in the playoffs?

heh, anyways, i don't think we'll win for some reason. i mean, we can, but i just gotta bad feeling.

good luck, hope for no injuries.
_________________
GREEN BAY PACKERS
JARRET BUSH IS MY BOY!
Brewers
Bucks
Badgers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 7963
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
phillipraz wrote:
as long as the giants have that D-line, I wont sleep easy at night


That D-line has played well for two whole games this year. Its not what it used to be..
Expect Sunday Night to be the 3rd good game they have had. You see the Giants D-line this is what our offensive line see's: JPP=Reggie White, Justin Tuck= Deacon Jones, Osi=Derrick Thomas Linval Joseph=Bruce Smith, Marvin Austin= John Randall. It's gunna be a fun game if you are a Giants fan and like watching QB's get hit.


appreciate the point you are trying to make, but Osi couldn't hold Derrick Thomas' jock Very Happy


sorry, just not an Osi fan...
Normally? No, Sunday Night you will start to wonder about it Laughing Crying or Very sad
_________________



Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group