Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 NFL Schedule. What's going on?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the horrific scheduling they gave the Eagles...

4 Teams coming off their Bye weeks (PIT, DET, ATL, WAS) and a Cowboy team with 10 days rest coupled by the fact both Dallas games were/are on short weeks coming off MNF in a 8 game stretch, nothing surprises me with the NFL schedule makers. Most rediculous string of scheduled games I have ever seen.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twizlers wrote:
Another weird thing is that it's week 11 and we still have yet to play our division rival Chiefs even once. While after this week we would have played the Chargers twice.

We don't play the Colts till week 15. Which, if you might notice, is the last possible week we can face them and still have a week in between the two matchups. We'll have played both the Titans and Jags twice before that matchup, as will the Colts. Furthermore, the Jags after this week will have played both the Colts and Texans twice without having faced Tennessee yet. The Titans are the only team with a 'normal' schedule in the division, facing all three other teams before getting a second matchup.

bbllstr22 wrote:
justo wrote:
SUPERB OWL
Darn. I want a superb owl. I only have this POS barn owl. Hedwig would be a major upgrade.
joru1000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd personally rather see the divisional games split at the beginning and ending of the year. i don't like the idea of the divisional games being played so close to each other / in succession. for example, lets say a teams starting QB or other star player went down for 3 weeks and within those 3 weeks a team played the same division opponent - that could really screw that team over. there aren't enough games to make up for that kind of skew.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fine for the Seahawks. We end up finishing up with our home division games to end the season.

sp6488 wrote:
If the Chiefs finish ahead of the Ravens in the standings I will eat a printed copy of the standings.
opeth0500

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
What's funny is the Jets and Bills played in week one and won't again until week seventeen.

Same thing with the Raiders and Chargers.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
It's weird for sure. I know they had this happen before realignment, but ever since they usually did a pretty good job of spacing games out. Now it seems like they've let themselves go.

Oh by the way, was I the only one who looked at the username as soon as I saw the title? I was expecting someone else.

You are certainly not the only one Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
i'd personally rather see the divisional games split at the beginning and ending of the year. i don't like the idea of the divisional games being played so close to each other / in succession. for example, lets say a teams starting QB or other star player went down for 3 weeks and within those 3 weeks a team played the same division opponent - that could really screw that team over. there aren't enough games to make up for that kind of skew.

Pittsburgh fan?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After this week 4 of the last 6 games for the Bears are divisional games, including the Vikings in weeks 12 & 14.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
After this week 4 of the last 6 games for the Bears are divisional games, including the Vikings in weeks 12 & 14.

4 of the Falcons last 6 are vs. divisional opponents as well. including both TB games.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
dahobofest

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twizlers wrote:
Another weird thing is that it's week 11 and we still have yet to play our division rival Chiefs even once. While after this week we would have played the Chargers twice.

ALSO what is with all these crappy teams on primetime this year? I do like a change from seeing the same teams every week but wow some of these games just scream unwatchable.

Cowboys played the Giants twice before playing any other team in the division. The Cowboys have yet to play the Redskins and just last week played the Eagles... but will play the Redskins next week followed by the Eagles again I think.
dahobofest

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:

You mean like what happened with the Steelers losing Ben for the next few weeks while they play the Ravens twice in three weeks?
imani

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seahawks have 3 division game left. They are all at home, and they all fall with in a 4 week period

Our schedule looks like this to end the season

Vs 49ers
@ Bills
Vs Cards
Vs Rams

just odd

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoever made the schedule this year, not a fan.

Next three games for MN:

at Bears
at Packers
Bears

Shocked
dahobofest

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

Next three games for MN:

at Bears
at Packers
Bears

Shocked

Laughing They should just spend the next three weeks gameplanning for the games after those. However, this is the perfect time to play the Bears if you're going to play them twice a year.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Next three games for MN:

at Bears
at Packers
Bears

Shocked

Laughing They should just spend the next three weeks gameplanning for the games after those. However, this is the perfect time to play the Bears if you're going to play them twice a year.

MN atleast has a bye week this week to prepare.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: