Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Okay, so yeah. Trade for a QB?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Quote:
We'd instantly be SB favorites with him on our team. He hasn't had a defense like ours since his last SB victory, and has never had a RB like Charles that could dominate. Add in all of our WR options and we'd be deadly on offense.

Which team are you talking about? Sure you are in the right forum?

Getting someone like Brady would provide leadership, poise, and probably a different mentality - assuming some other guys are gone (won't even spell out their names). That might provide a good start to develop a new team - as of now this looks like a bunch of guys dressing up as football players running around for good money without getting anything done.

However, why would Tom Brady even remotely consider to try to rescue a pile of garbage formerly known as the Kansas City Chiefs?

Have you seen the Pats roster the past few years? Outside of Brady, Welker, and Gronk, what do they have? Are they not a SB favorite year in and year out despite that? Do they not have major issues all over the place...drops, poor tackling, awful pass D. Yet the same types of glaring issues that KC fans agonize over as well as pointing out every little mistake, Pats fans hardly bat an eye. When you have Tom Brady, you can overcome alot...when you have Matt Cassel, you subconsciously know the rest of your team has to be close to perfect to win, so a simple below average game by a few players is magnified and affects the outcome of a game much more for KC than NE.

You're gonna honestly tell me that this KC team with Tom Brady at QB is just an average team?

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
You're gonna honestly tell me that this KC team with Tom Brady at QB is just an average team?

This bunch ogf guys is not even a team right now.And that won't be fixed by just putting in a new QB. It's a mentality issue, it's a leadership issue, and it's an organisational issue.

Tom Brady may be able to fix a part of the leadership issue (even him can't do it alone) - that in turn and over time may change the mentality - unless some clowns in dark suits interfere.

I refrain from discussing coaching - but looking at what's going on and the coaching staff being unable to even build a somewhat adequate gameplan week in week out and head coach admitting he doesn't have a clue of what's going on I wonder whether those guys won't be a distracting factor as well - or even the core factor of this whole mess. I doubt any of the dark suit guys even bothers about game planning and game philosophy.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Quote:
We'd instantly be SB favorites with him on our team. He hasn't had a defense like ours since his last SB victory, and has never had a RB like Charles that could dominate. Add in all of our WR options and we'd be deadly on offense.

Which team are you talking about? Sure you are in the right forum?

Getting someone like Brady would provide leadership, poise, and probably a different mentality - assuming some other guys are gone (won't even spell out their names). That might provide a good start to develop a new team - as of now this looks like a bunch of guys dressing up as football players running around for good money without getting anything done.

However, why would Tom Brady even remotely consider to try to rescue a pile of garbage formerly known as the Kansas City Chiefs?

I agree, 80% of this season we've seen some very poor play from this team. However, against Baltimore and Pittsburgh, and the second half of last season, I saw a bunch of guys playing some really good football overall, especially on defense.

It sounds like I'm under-estimating the real problem, but I honestly believe a new QB that can actually beat a defense with some regularity, coaches that have a clue what they are doing at all levels, and a FO that knows what they're doing, and we are instantly a playoff caliber team. Our problem is way more mental then anything else, and that's great news, because there's a good chance we can very quickly turn this thing around.

I see our mistakes and I see poor direction, instruction, effort, and attitude. I do not see lacking talent or skill.

As to why Brady would want to come here, because I think he'd be interested in the challenge, but also because there may not be a ton of teams interested in his services, should a Peyton Manning situation arise. Last year there were what, 4 teams really interested in Manning. I'd imagine a similarly small number would really be interested in Brady.

Also, Brady grew up idolizing Montana, maybe he'd see some sort of symmetry to coming here in the twilight of his career.

Yes, it's a long shot, but I have so very little to keep my spirits up these days, let me have this.

^ryknowssd on the sig
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

This bunch ogf guys is not even a team right now.And that won't be fixed by just putting in a new QB. It's a mentality issue, it's a leadership issue, and it's an organizational issue.

Tom Brady may be able to fix a part of the leadership issue (even him can't do it alone) - that in turn and over time may change the mentality - unless some clowns in dark suits interfere.

I refrain from discussing coaching - but looking at what's going on and the coaching staff being unable to even build a somewhat adequate gameplan week in week out and head coach admitting he doesn't have a clue of what's going on I wonder whether those guys won't be a distracting factor as well - or even the core factor of this whole mess. I doubt any of the dark suit guys even bothers about game planning and game philosophy.

I'd be assuming we get a new GM like Marc Ross or Brian Gardner (Texans) and a new HC and staff too.

I totally agree with the bolded above, and those things should be addressed with a new FO and staff. How well is the question at hand.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Taylor916

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would swap 1sts with the pats for brady or take their 2nd 3rd worst case but why would they trade brady? We must have a qb and fire Don Pioli
TambaHawk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade for Hanne

TambaHawk wrote:
Oh we are getting a Smith just not Geno Smith Laughing
starbarkc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody has mentioned Rivers?

His problems stem from trying to do too much on his own. He wouldn't have to do that here with our running game and at least one good receiver. A change might do him good as well and we could use his special brand of fire.

I figure that ownership blows up everything and start from scratch next season. They currently project to the 9th overall pick. We could trade firsts and acquire Rivers to drop back and then still draft a guy like Tyler Wilson while SD goes with Geno.

I don't think this is very likely, but I was bored and it popped into my head. I am not a fan of somebody else's qb AGAIN, but this solution would net us a competitive edge both now and the future. The only other option in the top ten picks (according to Walter Football projected order) would be maybe the Rams, but that is far less likely IMO.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless we are somehow able to land a guy like Rivers or Bradford, our chances are good of hitting it in the draft. Not counting guys like Stafford, Bradford, Newton, RG3, Tannehill, and Luck who were all picked before we had a chance, just look at all the guys Pioli had a chance to get and passed on:

Freeman,Sanchez,Tebow, McCoy,Dalton,Kaepernick,Weeden, and Wilson. Any one of those guys gives us a halfway decent offense despite our current coaching and we will actually get the pick of the litter, which none of those guys were. Half to wonder what Pioli was looking for since he claimed to want a QB in every draft, he passed on nearly every type of QB at some point.

The only real bust out of any of those last 4 drafts is Sanchez and many had questions about him, even his own coach. He also made two AFC title games and currently doesn't have much around him. As long as we stay away from Barkley (especially after this freshman lights up ND) we're gonna get a good player, which is surreal.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Mikek163

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Unless we are somehow able to land a guy like Rivers or Bradford, our chances are good of hitting it in the draft. Not counting guys like Stafford, Bradford, Newton, RG3, Tannehill, and Luck who were all picked before we had a chance, just look at all the guys Pioli had a chance to get and passed on:

Freeman,Sanchez,Tebow, McCoy,Dalton,Kaepernick,Weeden, and Wilson. Any one of those guys gives us a halfway decent offense despite our current coaching and we will actually get the pick of the litter, which none of those guys were. Half to wonder what Pioli was looking for since he claimed to want a QB in every draft, he passed on nearly every type of QB at some point.

The only real bust out of any of those last 4 drafts is Sanchez and many had questions about him, even his own coach. He also made two AFC title games and currently doesn't have much around him. As long as we stay away from Barkley (especially after this freshman lights up ND) we're gonna get a good player, which is surreal.

The ones that bother me are:

Andy Dalton
Josh Freeman
& MAYBE Kaepernick (1 game doesnt make him a good qb, not in my books)

The rest I really couldn't give 2 craps about. Russel Wilson is dependable on a defense, running game, and a weak division. Will he grow into something better? Who knows. But as of now those 2 maybe 3 Qbs really hurt.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

you really think any one of those qb's behind the oline we have going right now would make any differance they cant throw from there back it doesnt work just look at philli right now a team packed full of talent they lose there oline and the poop hits the fan. we must first fix the oline then we can think about who the skill players should be.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lawful yet1 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

you really think any one of those qb's behind the oline we have going right now would make any differance they cant throw from there back it doesnt work just look at philli right now a team packed full of talent they lose there oline and the poop hits the fan. we must first fix the oline then we can think about who the skill players should be.

Of course don't you? Cassel has had plenty of time to throw by NFL standards, but he can't go through progressions or make real NFL throws, so it doesn't matter. Once we have a real QB, teams will no longer be able to blitz freely without worrying about the QB beating them and the OLine won't have to block as many guys....still Cassel has ample time, just not all the time when the game gets out of hand and teams know we have to pass.

You act as if no QB overcomes OLine issues...we haven't been among the worst even with all the injuries.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: