Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Okay, so yeah. Trade for a QB?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Okay, so yeah. Trade for a QB? Reply with quote

To be clear, no. I'm not a fan of this idea. But, since our franchise is unfortunately known for using this approach, it's worth discussing. Which QBs might be available via trade? What will the price tag be on them?

We gave up a 1st rounder for Montana. The same can be said for Trent Green. A 2nd rounder got us Cassel and Vrabel.

Could Bradford be on the block? With Russel Wilson taking over the starting job in Seattle, what about Flynn? Is Mallett a realistic option?

Again, I'm not a fan of this approach, but I'm at least willing to acknowledge that it's a very real possibility and even if we don't trade for a QB, it's still not a guarantee that we'll take a QB with our first pick this year. Hell, the Browns didn't last year (yes, I know they had two 1st rounders, but still).

Let's also discuss what we would do with our 1st pick, too. Do we take Teo and bling out our front 7? Trade down to gain more picks and build for the future?

Aaaaaaaaaaand discuss.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give a first for Brady. Aside from that, I'd much rather draft our own guy and develop him.

The trade for a Flynn type of guy deal would only be acceptable if Stanzi is our guy chosen by our new FO, and the other is just insurance/back-up material.

^ryknowssd on the sig
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Bradford was on the block....curious why you would mention him?

I think we'd be good with Flynn but i'd rather have our draft pick...I think Stanzi will eventually be as good as Flynn. Mallet is a no, not that i'd hate it but I really don't want an immobile QB.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
I'd give a first for Brady. Aside from that, I'd much rather draft our own guy and develop him.

The trade for a Flynn type of guy deal would only be acceptable if Stanzi is our guy chosen by our new FO, and the other is just insurance/back-up material.

A trade involving Brady would be really interesting. Peyton and Brady would have to battle twice a year, which would make for great TV ratings and would definitely put butts in the seats at Arrowhead. If they don't make the playoffs this year (unlikely), BB might feel comfortable enough to go with Mallett as the future. Hmm. Seems possible. Unlikely, but possible. Which first rounder would you be giving up for him, though? 1st overall? If so, I'd say screw that noise. Maybe a 1st round swap of picks for us & the Pats or us sending them our 2014 1st rounder, but Tom Brady or not, no 30+ year old QB is worth a top 5 draft pick.

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
I wish Bradford was on the block....curious why you would mention him?

I think we'd be good with Flynn but i'd rather have our draft pick...I think Stanzi will eventually be as good as Flynn. Mallet is a no, not that i'd hate it but I really don't want an immobile QB.

I've been obsessed with Bradford ever since his Sophomore year in college. Incredibly accurate, above average arm strength & velocity, very smart and throws one hell of a deep ball. His only knock is that he can't stay healthy. That's a pretty big concern, though. His injuries are pretty much solely responsible for him not performing up to expectations in his career so far. Yes, he's had multiple offensive coordinators and HCs in his short career and his receiving options are limited...but I've seen QBs traded away for lesser reasons. If Bradford is available, I'd be on that phone in a heartbeat with Jeff Fisher & whoever else is in charge in STL.

I agree with your views on Stanzi/Flynn. I view them as similar prospects...and yes, to be clear...I said "prospects", not "players". Neither of them have actually EARNED a reputation yet. Flynn would be a pretty big risk. Even more so than drafting a 1st round QB IMO.

I think you're being unfair with Mallett, though. I watched every snap he took at Arkansas. He's much more mobile than most people think. Think Joe Flacco, but a tad faster/more agile. His biggest issues pre-draft were inconsistent footwork/throwing mechanics and he'd throw 5 yard crossing routes with every bit of arm strength he had. He needed to develop more touch and finesse on his short and intermediate routes. Those are the only areas he lacked in college. Not sure if he's improved on those things or not since being drafted, but they're both coachable deficiencies. He most certainly doesn't lack arm strength, accuracy (when he sets his feet), pocket awareness, ability to analyze a defense or leadership ability. Those are all big strengths of his.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Rumless

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about Bradford to me is this: does Saint Louis really want to get rid of him? He's not been lighting it up nor sucking as bad as Kolb.

The only QB I would feel good about acquiring is Ryan Mallett. Even then, I'd like to see a competent coaching staff be put in place before bringing him in.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
Mikek163

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless we trade for Aaron Rodgers I would be extremely pissed off.

We need OUR guy. Not someone else's has been.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh come on man...Bradford would be much better than any draft pick we could take this year...I just don't see any way they'll part with him, they don't have a replacement for him.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

A trade involving Brady would be really interesting. Peyton and Brady would have to battle twice a year, which would make for great TV ratings and would definitely put butts in the seats at Arrowhead. If they don't make the playoffs this year (unlikely), BB might feel comfortable enough to go with Mallett as the future. Hmm. Seems possible. Unlikely, but possible. Which first rounder would you be giving up for him, though? 1st overall? If so, I'd say screw that noise. Maybe a 1st round swap of picks for us & the Pats or us sending them our 2014 1st rounder, but Tom Brady or not, no 30+ year old QB is worth a top 5 draft pick.

Considering our QB choices at #1 overall are limited and would be undervalued anyway, I'd give up this year's 1st straight up for Brady. He's 35 and could easily play for another 3-4 years. His current contract is for two more years after this one, and at a very manageable rate of $10-15MM per season.

We'd instantly be SB favorites with him on our team. He hasn't had a defense like ours since his last SB victory, and has never had a RB like Charles that could dominate. Add in all of our WR options and we'd be deadly on offense.

Give me 2 yrs under contract plus another as a franchise player, and I'm thinking the odds of us actually winning a SB are pretty dang high. I've talked about our window before, and IMO, we are witnessing most likely a perfect storm of wasting DJ, Tamba, Flowers, JC, and Bowe with insufficient QB play. If somehow we could get Brady, that is no longer an issue. His value to us would be immense. I might even give up our 1st and something else to get him.

^ryknowssd on the sig
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Considering our QB choices at #1 overall are limited and would be undervalued anyway, I'd give up this year's 1st straight up for Brady. He's 35 and could easily play for another 3-4 years. His current contract is for two more years after this one, and at a very manageable rate of $10-15MM per season.

We'd instantly be SB favorites with him on our team. He hasn't had a defense like ours since his last SB victory, and has never had a RB like Charles that could dominate. Add in all of our WR options and we'd be deadly on offense.

Give me 2 yrs under contract plus another as a franchise player, and I'm thinking the odds of us actually winning a SB are pretty dang high. I've talked about our window before, and IMO, we are witnessing most likely a perfect storm of wasting DJ, Tamba, Flowers, JC, and Bowe with insufficient QB play. If somehow we could get Brady, that is no longer an issue. His value to us would be immense. I might even give up our 1st and something else to get him.

Interesting thought process. I still wouldn't want to give up that much, though. At the most, I'd give up our 1st for Brady and their 2nd or 3rd rounder this year (depending on where they're drafting within each round).

bigschmadt00 wrote:
RedandGold

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sont see any good QBs available.

I suppose the Jets my be willing to trade Tebow or New England might be willing to trade Mallet or even Miami trading Moore

But none of these options look very appealing to me.
I think we start fresha dn rebuild strong. No better place to do that then a top rated QB in the draft. Too bad we missed out on Luck he woudl have looked good in KC

WORST COACH IN KC HISTORY
Thanks for the sig Saintsfan
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedandGold wrote:
I sont see any good QBs available.

I suppose the Jets my be willing to trade Tebow or New England might be willing to trade Mallet or even Miami trading Moore

But none of these options look very appealing to me.
I think we start fresha dn rebuild strong. No better place to do that then a top rated QB in the draft. Too bad we missed out on Luck he woudl have looked good in KC

Moore is a free agent. The Patriots would probably try and spin Mallett (a third round pick) for a 2nd. I want absolutely no part of Tebow. There are not many options that would be in the category of potential long term starter. Jason Campbell is a free agent option as a veteran backup if we were to draft a rookie (ex. Smith or Wilson). Other than that there really aren't any options out there. If the Cardinals part ways with Kevin Kolb, but I wouldn't really be very interested in him - granted he has played behind a horrendous offensive line and has become Mr. Happyfeet Jr.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think of Vick, perhaps to help groom Geno ?

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:

What do I think of Vick? Hmm. The words "public castration" come to mind.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Which team are you talking about? Sure you are in the right forum?

Getting someone like Brady would provide leadership, poise, and probably a different mentality - assuming some other guys are gone (won't even spell out their names). That might provide a good start to develop a new team - as of now this looks like a bunch of guys dressing up as football players running around for good money without getting anything done.

However, why would Tom Brady even remotely consider to try to rescue a pile of garbage formerly known as the Kansas City Chiefs?
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:

Vick is more likely to get into dog grooming than Geno grooming.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: