Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

10 Favorite Athletes of All-Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No real order

Paul Molitor
Kirby Puckett
Justin Morneau
Chipper Jones
Randy Moss
Robert Smith
John Randle
Kevin Garnett
Kevin Love
Steven Gerrard

Mohr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
No real order

Paul Molitor
Kirby Puckett
Justin Morneau
Chipper Jones
Randy Moss

Robert Smith
John Randle
Kevin Garnett
Kevin Love
Steven Gerrard

I can approve of this list.

[quote="Silver&Black88"]
IS SHE STUPID WITH THE LIGHTS OFF?!?[/quote]
biggio7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No order

Wow this is really difficult.

-Craig Biggio/Jeff Bagwell
Well these two are obvious.

-Willie Mays
Favorite player I never got to see

-Rey Ordonez
Best defense when I was growing up. I was blessed to have the fielding ability he had when I played.

-Hunter Pence
Still an Astro in my heart.

-Al MacInnis/Chris Pronger
I was a Blues fan before the lockout. I loved these two.

-Bobby Hurley/Steve Wojciechowski
Duke fan so it's difficult to pick who were my favs. Way too many.

-Muggsy Bogues
Since I was/am small, I always idolized Muggsy.

-LaRon Landry
Favorite LSU Tiger. Him, Patrick Peterson, Chad Jones. Like Duke too many to name.

-Ladainian Tomlinson
Loved him at TCU. Loved in the NFL. Always a fan. I'm not big on jerseys but I have his.

-Brian Dawkins
Grew up an Eagles fan till the Texans were created. I love Weapon X and have jersey as well.

Surprisingly, I have no favorite players on the Texans. They are my favorite team but I have no players on them as my favorites.

Adopt a Texan: Mr. Kareem Jackson
FFBB; Suule o nerte!
[UMN]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No order:

Thierry Henry
Ronaldinho
Adrian Peterson
Barry Sanders
Peyton Manning
Jared Allen
Randy Moss
Robert Smith
Garrison Hearst
Brett Favre
dream_catcher_9

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Deion Sanders = The most entertaining player I have ever seen, in any sport. Not only was he a showman, but he backed it all up with legendary performances. I still remember that MNF Giants game.

2) Tom Brady = incredible work ethic and the most beautiful throwing motion in NFL History.

3) Michael Jordan = nuff said

4) Tiger Woods = He was untouchable during his prime, he made non golf fans watch his every move. He made golf exciting for me, which is hard to do.

5) Peter Warrick = very short NFL career, but he had a tremendous college career. His charisma and personality was Magic Johnson like. He had the "it" factor.

6) Russell Westbrook = So many things i like about him. Durability, toughness, work ethic and most importantly his don't give a [inappropriate/removed] attitude. He wants to win and nothing is going to stop this guy from his goal. Even if that means looking like a fool doing it. He inspires me. Might be #1 by the time he retires.

7) Derrick Rose = Love his humility and unselfishness both on and off the court. Also his combination of powerful athleticism and gracefulness that in which he moves is aesthetically pleasing.

Cool Jonathan Toews = Incredible Leader and work ethic. Still so young but plays and acts like a Hall of Famer.

9) Ichiro Suzuki = A legend back home in Japan, but also a Legend in the USA. He was a throwback, same routine day after day, never getting tired or making excuses to why he can't work today. Most exciting baseball player I've seen.

10) Cal Ripken Jr = Definition of durability and toughness
Jackson Generals(AA): 8-3 record, 75.1 IP, 4.5 H/9, 3.8 BB/9, 9.4 SO/9, 1.19 ERA
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...

1. Warren Moon - Met him once at a Toyota dealership when I was six years old, back in 1986. He gave me an autograph, looked me over, said "I'll see YOU in the NFL one day!" and walked off. That made my DECADE. Got me into football, once and for all. I think a lot of NFL players will say that to fat kids...you know, motivate 'em to go out and play. I didn't know that when I was six, and I don't care now, as I'm 33. Moon was the GOAT in my eyes. Still is.

2. Hakeem Olajuwon - To this day, one of my fondest sports memories was when David Robinson got his league MVP trophy - think it was 95? 96? It was in the Western Conference finals, Mario Elie leaned over to Hakeem and said "Hey, they're giving your trophy to Robinson," and Hakeem just smiled...and then proceeded to drop 45 on Robinson that same night. Crushed the League MVP in his own house, en route to an NBA title. Lovely.

3. Jeff Bagwell/Craig Biggio - Yes, I get to cheat...because you can't think of one without thinking of the other in Houston. This was Batman/Robin in baseball, the Killer Bs had the 3-4-3 double play down pat, ran it to perfection. Biggio would hit in the 1/2 spot, letting Bagwell drive him home with that powerful swing of his.

4. Andre Johnson - The face of the most beloved team in my heart. Andre Johnson is the only "original" Texan on the roster; He was drafted the year following the first season, but he's as close to original as you can get with a team this young.

5. Yao Ming - It was hard to NOT like the guy. Big, goofy 7' 6" dude, but he had a sweet shot, a good inside game...and as he got older, you saw him develop a nasty nature in the low blocks, just power through guys. It's REALLY heartbreaking to think about what he could have been had he not been forced to play 200 games a year and not have an off-season. He could of been a dominant big man in the NBA.

6. Arian Foster - Doesn't hurt that he puts up the numbers that he does, but if you listen to the guy talk...wow, he is as entertaining as anyone in the NFL is, just a really smart guy with a very dry, witty sense of humor about him; It would go over your head if you didn't pay attention, but if you DID pay attention, you were cracking up. If PML was an NFL RB, he would be Arian Foster.

7. Adrian Peterson - I actually saw him play a few games at Palestine HS in Palestine, TX. It was unbelievable to see him impose his will on other teams; You KNEW that he was getting the ball and you knew where he was going to run the ball, but it simply didn't matter. He just ran through everyone, the defense and his OL alike (I remember him trucking some sad OL in the back, driving him about 5-6 yards before the poor fat kid fell down and AP ran by the whole D for the score...I was too busy laughing at the OL who got ran over).

8. Blaine Bishop - Small SS for the Oilers/Titans, but played like he was 6' 3" 225. Just a powerhouse, such a big time hitter for the Oilers/Titans. When I was in HS, I would watch as much of him as I could (no youtube back then, so it was recording Channel 2 news on VHS) and really tried to pattern my game after him...just hitting dudes in the chest/face as hard as he could. Loved the guy.

9. Jerry Rice - There was something about him. You couldn't put your finger on it, but it looked like he wasn't even trying out there. Just smooth in every aspect of the game, as if he was sleepwalking through everything. Just made it look so easy, and it was just an event to watch when he ran his route, made the catch and found the lane in one quick motion.

10. JJ Watt - The easy answer is that he's the best defensive player on the Texans, but there's more to it. When you hear him talk and you hear from his family, you hear about an extremely humble kid. He's got an edge, he will talk some trash...but all in all, grateful for the opportunity he's been given, someone who won't take this stardom for granted, someone looking to give back to his community, and just a great role model overall. As my son grows up, I'm going to make sure he follows JJ Watt's career, on and off the field. THIS is the type of role models the league needs to have for the younger generation...

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
not enough moss

I'll be honest. If I had an 11, Moss would be competing for that spot, along with Earl Campbell, Steve Francis, Ray Lewis, Ernest Givens and Bruce Matthews. I like Moss.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Bohlmann20

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Tim Tebow
2. Brett Favre
3. Randy Moss
4. Ndamukong Suh
5. Steve Nash
6. Tommie Frazier
7. Nate Swift

The last two are higlighted in red because they were Huskers and people probably don't know who they were/are.
bkobow05

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be REALLY hard...

1.) Aaron Rodgers - No doubt in my mind, the mancrush is strong with this one.
2.) Ed Cota - By far my favorite Tar Heel of all time.
3.) Steve Prefontaine - Oregon legend and Olympic runner in the early 70's. Died before I was born but his story drove me to be the runner I was in high school.
4.) Reggie Miller - I loved the way he played, he was dirty and he knew it. I modeled my basketball game after his. Laughing
5.) Ray Allen aka Jesus Shuttlesworth - When we traded him for Gary Payton, I cried.
6.) Scott Stevens - The heart and sole of the New Jersey Devils for years. By far my favorite hockey player.
7.) Luke Swan & Jim Leonhard - Both tie on my list of love. Both were walk-on studs at Wisconsin.
8.) Ty Lawson - Was such an amazing player at UNC. I'll never forget him going nuts on both ends of the floor in the 2009 National Championship game.
9.) Ryan Braun - One of the greatest hitters I have ever seen in my life. I love watching him play on an every day basis and love the fact we have him for another 8 years.
10.) Charles Woodson - I'll never forget him for this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U-Ddq9yz6w

I had to edit this because I completely forgot about Scott Stevens. Sad

#JDI

Last edited by bkobow05 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Kirby Puckett
2. Mike Madano
3. Jared Allen
4. Charlie Ward
5. Kevin Love
6. Pat Tillman
7. Joe Mauer
8. Adrian Peterson
9. Chris Doleman
10. Randy Moss
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kobe
Magic
Omar Vizquel
Bernie Kosar
Ozzie Newsome
Wayne Gretzky
Brook Jacoby
Kenny Lofton
Sandy Alomar Jr.
Clay Matthews Sr.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some people. Can't really rank them. I'm sure guys like Shaq, Brian Shaw, James Worthy, Brian Sipe, Joe Thomas, Eric Metcalf, Jim Thome and Buddy Bell would come right after this list.
AlexM23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In no order:

Lance Franklin
Sam Mitchell
Jordan Lewis
Jonathan Brown
Alan Shearer
Yohan Cabaye
Neymar
Shola Ameobi
LeSean McCoy
Brian Dawkins

Kiltman on the sig
AlexM23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also there's a few people putting down sarrrrrcuur players in their lists, we've got a forum for it ya know!

Kiltman on the sig
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohlmann20 wrote:
1. Tim Tebow
2. Brett Favre
3. Randy Moss
4. Ndamukong Suh
5. Steve Nash
6. Tommie Frazier
7. Nate Swift

The last two are higlighted in red because they were Huskers and people probably don't know who they were/are.

I remember Charlie Ward and the Florida State Seminoles beating Tommie Frazier very fondly!
seminoles1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
3.) Steve Prefontaine - Oregon legend and Olympic runner in the early 70's. Died before I was born but his story drove me to be the runner I was in high school.(
BAH! Beat me to it. Love that Prefontaine is finally mentioned. He is by far my favorite athlete ever.

1. Steve Prefontaine

Easy 10

2. Randy Moss
3. Peter Warrick
4. Michael Johnson (the sprinter, not the Bengals DE)
5. Derrick Brooks
6. LeBron James
7. Calvin Johnson
8. Deion Sanders
9. Kevin Garnett
10. Ken Griffey, Jr.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: