Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dwayne Bowe wants to stay
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikek163

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Dwayne Bowe wants to stay Reply with quote

Remember this
Quote:
"I can report this: Bowe wants out of KC very badly. Not exactly a revelation, but true."

Now we get this
Quote:
"Why wouldn't I want to stay here? It's a no-brainer for me," said Bowe, who became emphatic once the topic was introduced. "I never said I didn't want to be here. I never said that. This is where it started for me. This is where people know me from. That's crazy to me. When I heard that, I was like, ‘Where did that come from?' I never said I wanted out."

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/11/15/3651528/dwayne-bowe-interview-quotes-chiefs

Last edited by Mikek163 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link - http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/11/15/3651528/dwayne-bowe-interview-quotes-chiefs

I don't think Bowe really wants out desperately, at all costs. I think he'd want out if it's another year of Cassel and Pioli BS. If they're gone, I have no doubt he'd absolutely be WILLING to stay. Of course if we don't pay him, he won't.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Mikek163

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Link - http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/11/15/3651528/dwayne-bowe-interview-quotes-chiefs

I don't think Bowe really wants out desperately, at all costs. I think he'd want out if it's another year of Cassel and Pioli BS. If they're gone, I have no doubt he'd absolutely be WILLING to stay. Of course if we don't pay him, he won't.

Didn't know I was allowed to post the link. I find this interesting doe...very interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah man, links are fine so long as the provider of the content isn't charging money for access. AHP is perfectly fine to link.

Also, here's the full article from the Star - http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/15/3919156/bowe-says-he-never-wanted-out.html

This was my second favorite part -

Quote:
“As a receiver, my job is to catch the ball from the quarterback, no matter who that is. With both quarterbacks coming in and playing to the best of their ability, I think I’ve been doing a great job catching either one of their passes. It’s all in the head coach’s decision who plays. I try to compete at a high level each week. I try to give my team a better opportunity to win. That’s what I work in practice to do.”

Laughing in other words - "I'm doing everything I can to catch balls from these two clowns."

^ryknowssd on the sig
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Stuff!! Renews hope for 82 here next year with a new QB!
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Stats: Irrelevant Status: Chief family for life!
Get well soon EB29!!
Rumless

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll see if he stays. I remain skeptical.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:

+1. I mean, what else is he going to say? The guy isn't stupid.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Rumless wrote:

He could easily not say anything. He could also easily say some really dumb stuff. It wouldn't be new for him, or WR's in general. He could also simply say a one sentence response that he'd like to stay in KC. No, he went on and on for a good paragraph or two about wanting to finish his career in KC. Heck, he even basically said he wants a 6 yr deal.

^ryknowssd on the sig
simonwayne

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, if these words are genuine, then I <3 Bowe. We NEED to get this man a QB. He's already 28 years old and will be 29 next year for crying out loud.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know the reports he wanted out weren't true, but this is what i've been saying...there's no reason for Bowe to want to go anywhere with a few changes and him leaving is unacceptable. Keep the Faith.

Even despite his "best of their ability" QB quotes, Bowe's a good guy who has a good relationship with Matt, but that doesn't mean he won't hint that we need a new QB.

I never lost hope and like Bigs said there's no benefit from him saying those things if the'yre not true.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Mikek163

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Rumless wrote:

If Bowe was being interviewed every day I would agree with you. BUT, Bowe rarely comes out to the media and even more rarely discusses personal things. Him saying this in my opinion was his way of stating the truth for everyone to know and shut up all the rumors out there.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Man, if these words are genuine, then I <3 Bowe. We NEED to get this man a QB. He's already 28 years old and will be 29 next year for crying out loud.

I'm with you simonwayne. If Bowe honestly feels this way I hope we do all we can to keep him around. He does drop the occasional pass, but he is a beast on the outside.
valkrei

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:

He wants paid and he wants a better team, if that is KC hes fine with it, makes sense to me.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowe must stay.

Forget the drops, forget not talking to the media. This is the #1 WR in chiefs history. We are nothing on offense without him. Even Tamba said we need Bowe here to win the division. He is a prominent figure in the locker room and sure, he has made some mistakes. But who hasn't? He has worked his tail off since he got here to be the best he can be and for that we should all be thankful because only a few select players on the roster have chosen to do that.

New GM, whoever you are, please get the deal done and get this guy a QB. Then you'll see what happens.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Berry wrote:
Bowe must stay.

Forget the drops, forget not talking to the media. This is the #1 WR in chiefs history. We are nothing on offense without him. Even Tamba said we need Bowe here to win the division. He is a prominent figure in the locker room and sure, he has made some mistakes. But who hasn't? He has worked his tail off since he got here to be the best he can be and for that we should all be thankful because only a few select players on the roster have chosen to do that.

New GM, whoever you are, please get the deal done and get this guy a QB. Then you'll see what happens.

While I agree that he needs to be here.. I'm not sure he deserves that high of an accolade as the bolded above just yet. If he stays then likely but... consider some of the guys we're talking about here:

Otis Taylor
Henry Marshall
Chris Burford
Stephone Paige
Carlos Carson
Eddie Kennison
Derrick Alexander
Andre Rison
Willie Davis
JJ Birden
Derrick Alexander
Johnny Morton

I'd tier them this way:

Otis Taylor
Carlos Carson
Chris Burford

Dwayne Bowe
Eddie Kennison
Henry Marshall
Stephone Paige
Derrick Alexander

Andre Rison
Willie Davis
JJ Birden
Johnny Morton

Just sayin, our WR history isn't an empty cupboard! Smile
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Stats: Irrelevant Status: Chief family for life!
Get well soon EB29!!

Last edited by Arrowhead86 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: