Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Interesting Comments from ROMO in regards to DEZ
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atran35

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Interesting Comments from ROMO in regards to DEZ Reply with quote

In summary, Dez needs to run his routes better and not do too much. Cowboys run a timing base offense in which he needs to cut at the exact moment because the ball will be on the way before then. Romo had good chemistry with Robinson because of his ability to follow the play to the letter. Hopefully, Dez will get there because we all see the passion and athleticism. Once he becomes more discipline with his route running and understanding of line adjustment he will be dominant.

Source: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/11/tony-romo-on-dez-bryant-coming-full-circle-why-laurent-robinson-was-successful-with-the-cowboys.html/
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Romo says he's improving and is close, then I take it for what its worth. He's obviously not going to slam his own WR and I liked the way he handled the difficult task of comparing LRs success and Dezs lack thereof thus far into he season.

Sig courtesy of mack.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mean to dump on Dez, but if Robinson can pick it up mid season, and Dez is still working on after almost 3 years, Dez is either not diligent or smart enough .
Tony7188

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Don't mean to dump on Dez, but if Robinson can pick it up mid season, and Dez is still working on after almost 3 years, Dez is either not diligent or smart enough .

Yeah let's not mention at all the fact that Dez, Miles and Witten saw double teams and Robinson benefited from it. Or Robinson was a nobody before coming to Dallas so he could have been a one year wonder

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
sniderboys23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:

Yeah let's not mention at all the fact that Dez, Miles and Witten saw double teams and Robinson benefited from it. Or Robinson was a nobody before coming to Dallas so he could have been a one year wonder
got to side with u on this one tony... Look at his numbers in Jacksonville granted with no qb and a premier rb.

Major Props to El Ramster!!!!
htfryar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would certainly hope that midway through his 3rd year in the league, that Dez is almost 100% in terms of understanding the game. Then again, I would hope that a rookie would be at the same spot towards the end of his first year.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:

So it's double teams, and the fact that Dez wasn't a nobody that's preventing Dez from learning route running, and timing with Romo. Thanks for clarifying that for me.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sniderboys23 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:

got to side with u on this one tony... Look at his numbers in Jacksonville granted with no qb and a premier rb.

Did I say Robinson was a better player than Dez? No. Then what does his performance or lack thereof in Jacksonville have to do with anything.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
I would certainly hope that midway through his 3rd year in the league, that Dez is almost 100% in terms of understanding the game. Then again, I would hope that a rookie would be at the same spot towards the end of his first year.

People have always stated that WR's have one of the steepest learning curves from college to NFL. Its why it is so rare for guys to have consistent success through out their first 3 years in the league.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
htfryar wrote:

People have always stated that WR's have one of the steepest learning curves from college to NFL. Its why it is so rare for guys to have consistent success through out their first 3 years in the league.

Not to mention, it was widely known that Dez would have some issues perfecting an NFL offense. We all knew that when we drafted him.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Cowboys31

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's slowly getting it, but I think he will have a great game on Sunday

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
htfryar wrote:

Year 3 is supposed to be when they put it all together, though. There's late bloomers but that's the general rule.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
htfryar wrote:

Year 3 is supposed to be when they put it all together, though. There's late bloomers but that's the general rule.

Do you think 80 catches, 1,048 yards, and 5 TDs is under-producing for a 3rd year wideout? Because thats what he is on pace for. Granted, the 5 TDs needs to be higher, but its not like he is the only offensive player struggle scoring TDs. And I have a strong feeling he'll end up with more than 5 TDs.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
fredsnotdeadyet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dez has been targeted less then Miles but has more catches then Miles. Only 1 TD separates them, so I think Dez gets alot of heat but he has as many 100 yard games as Austin has this year as well. I think a few bad plays from Dez is what everybody remembers though but as a number 2 I think he is producing well. Actually he is the number 3 target behind Witten and Miles.

props to Joe_is_the_best
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
Dez has been targeted less then Miles but has more catches then Miles. Only 1 TD separates them, so I think Dez gets alot of heat but he has as many 100 yard games as Austin has this year as well. I think a few bad plays from Dez is what everybody remembers though but as a number 2 I think he is producing well. Actually he is the number 3 target behind Witten and Miles.

The problem isn't just a few aw-shucks plays - the problem is critical mistakes he makes. The costly turnovers because he got cute on punt return duty. The failure to read a basic route and ends up in a pick six.

Also - we are not comparing equals here.

There are maybe 3 WR's who have more talent than Dez. And yet his production doesn't match. Miles is in the green. Anything we get from him now has been a bonus given what he has overcome to get to this point. He's produced. Dez hasn't. Which is okay, he had a lot of obstacles in his way. But it gets to the point where you need to start seeing tangible results.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: