Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Felix out, Reggie Bush in.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony7188

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
I guess since I have posted in this thread twice I should answer the OP.

If the price is right then I would not totally be against it. I feel Bush is more talented than Felix and could give us what we thought we were getting from Felix, but never did. I feel like he would compliment Murray really well, and provide decoy service a lot better than Felix or Murray for that matter. I also think that he could help in the return game where Felix never could. Having said all that, this would not be my ideal route. I would like to draft a workhorse RB ala Doug Martin. Unfortunately if we don't address O Line in the 1st and 2nd or 3rd rounds it won't matter what we do.

Defense was our problem last year, and so we went heavy defense in the offseason and have mostly solved the issue. Offense is our problem this year, namely the running game, and I wouldn't mind going heavy offense in the offseason. something like this I would be happy with:

RD 1. OLine
RD 2. RB
RD 3. OLine
RD 4. S
RD 5. WR
RD 6. QB

RD 4-6 are interchangeable depending on BPA. Obviously that is with us resigning the OLB.

I hope Dallas doesn't draft a RB in the 2nd round. Servicable RB's can be found in the 4th round. If they go OL in the 1st, I think in the 2nd round this team needs to go DL, because Coleman and Spears need to go.

I'm starting to think that they need to go NT in the first round and push Ratliff out to DE next year.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
DaBoys wrote:

If the price is right then I would not totally be against it. I feel Bush is more talented than Felix and could give us what we thought we were getting from Felix, but never did. I feel like he would compliment Murray really well, and provide decoy service a lot better than Felix or Murray for that matter. I also think that he could help in the return game where Felix never could. Having said all that, this would not be my ideal route. I would like to draft a workhorse RB ala Doug Martin. Unfortunately if we don't address O Line in the 1st and 2nd or 3rd rounds it won't matter what we do.

Defense was our problem last year, and so we went heavy defense in the offseason and have mostly solved the issue. Offense is our problem this year, namely the running game, and I wouldn't mind going heavy offense in the offseason. something like this I would be happy with:

RD 1. OLine
RD 2. RB
RD 3. OLine
RD 4. S
RD 5. WR
RD 6. QB

RD 4-6 are interchangeable depending on BPA. Obviously that is with us resigning the OLB.

I hope Dallas doesn't draft a RB in the 2nd round. Servicable RB's can be found in the 4th round. If they go OL in the 1st, I think in the 2nd round this team needs to go DL, because Coleman and Spears need to go.

I'm starting to think that they need to go NT in the first round and push Ratliff out to DE next year.

That's not a new concept. Most have been calling for it for years. I have given up the idea that it will ever happen. I think Hatcher, Brent, and rat would be a great dline. With Liss, and Crawford rotating in. I don't view the dline as a big area of need.

and if we drafted a RB in the 1st or 2nd round it wouldn't be for just a serviceable one. I would want it to be our franchise back. We haven't had one since Emmitt. The 3 that we have drafted with premium picks havn't worked out. Julius Jones, Felix Jones, and Murray. We had opportunity though. Could have had SJ, or CJ2k. We just made the wrong choices.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say its a little early to count Murray out. Especially considering how much of a bright spot he has been. If he can't stay healthy, I will agree with you. But right now, I will give him the benefit of the doubt (yes, I know he was injury prone through college as well)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
I'd say its a little early to count Murray out. Especially considering how much of a bright spot he has been. If he can't stay healthy, I will agree with you. But right now, I will give him the benefit of the doubt (yes, I know he was injury prone through college as well)

I think Murray can be an asset for any team in the league, but he is not a franchise back. He is not a back that can get 20-30 caries a game for the course of an entire season. He never has. He never will. Not only that, but with the way he runs his career will be 6-9 years tops. I wan't a Ray Rice, a Doug Martin, an MJD, a Frank Gore. Murray is a poor mans McFadden. McFadden and Murray are great at what they do, but they aren't franchise running backs.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
DaBoys wrote:

RD 1. OLine
RD 2. RB
RD 3. OLine
RD 4. S
RD 5. WR
RD 6. QB

You just became my new best friend!
matt79511

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
I don't see why everyone is clamoring to draft RBs. The OL's the problem. Not the RBs.

I mean, Murray's about to miss his 5th straight game, Felix has been inconsistent (outright terrible outside of two games), and Dunbar and Tanner haven't shown me that they can be more than good special teamers. I do think this team would be wise to draft a RB on Day 3, or sign a reliable backup (not Reggie Bush) in free agency.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
I don't see why everyone is clamoring to draft RBs. The OL's the problem. Not the RBs.

I mean, Murray's about to miss his 5th straight game, Felix has been inconsistent (outright terrible outside of two games), and Dunbar and Tanner haven't shown me that they can be more than good special teamers. I do think this team would be wise to draft a RB on Day 3, or sign a reliable backup (not Reggie Bush) in free agency.

Mendenhall might just be available...

^^^mack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: