Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DEE RAWL's 2k post Mock.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: DEE RAWL's 2k post Mock. Reply with quote

Everyone has been posting up mocks so I figure in celebration of my 2000th post I will have it be a mock. I suppose its a mix of what I think is realistic along with what I also would want at those spots. This is not my dream mock by any means however.

Key points for this mock- Re-sign Jackson and Trade the first pick down for an extra 2nd rounder.

1a) Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama

Chance is a monster and will help immensely in both the running and passing game, probably the safest player in the draft IMO. Fisher pops his "OL in the first round" cherry.

1b) Keenan Allen, WR, CAL

I have been a fan of Allen since last season, very fluid with good size, speed and hands to go with it. Should be an immediate upgrade at the #1 WR spot.

2a) Tony Jefferson, S, Oklahoma

Arguably the best cover safety in this class. I would love Amerson from NC State I just don't know where he will go and if he will be a corner or safety... Too much uncertainty to put him here.

2b) Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama

I love this guy, I feel he should be in the first round, but he is projected as a 2nd rounder. Massive and strong with pretty good pass rush abilities. Incredibly athletic for his size.

3) William Gholston, DE, Michigan State

Back to back DL? Yes, they have a great starting front four but almost no rotation to speak of. I really like the idea of Gholston (whom I have also had a bit of a man crush on since last year) because he is a bit of a utility guy. He can play the 3 tech in pass rush downs or either DE spots, isn't the greatest finesse rusher but is very strong and has good enough pass rushing moves along with playing the run very well using his long arms and body to shed blockers.

4) Michael Mauti, LB, Penn State

Big, Strong, Physical linebacker who is a solid tackler. Putting Mauti at the SLB spot could make for a nice upgrade.

5) Michael Williams, TE, Alabama

I know, I know... Another Bama player. Well to tell you the truth, Williams presents tons of value here and Bama offers a lot of good physical players that would fit very well in the NFL and especially the Blue n Gold. A good blocker that presents some receiving ability.

6) Vaughn Telemaque, FS, Miami

Ray Ray Armstrong got most of the publicity, but Telemaque is just as good if not better in coverage and could end up being a good safety.

7) Not informed enough to make a decision here.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like it. Good schematic fits, addresses needs and the valuation seems about right.

I'd rather us add a receiving oriented TE over Williams but I think it's more likely the Rams go with a guy like Williams than a guy that I want.

Jesse Williams and William Gholston are two intriguing picks because they have so much upside and the potential to make our DL the most dominant DL in the NFL. Plus Gholston has that nasty that Jeff loves.

I don't know if I could have done it better myself. Awesome mock. Very Happy

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much appreciated Jrry, I wasn't really looking at how much offense vs defense until I was done then realized how much more defense was emphasized rounds 2-6. It will be interesting to see what happens.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, I'd love to draft some more depth at Oline though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: DEE RAWL's 2k post Mock. Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
1a) Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
Chance is a monster and will help immensely in both the running and passing game, probably the safest player in the draft IMO. Fisher pops his "OL in the first round" cherry.
Obviously I like the pick. I know I have been harping about Fisher/Snead not taking Lineman in the first, & I still stand by that, with the exception of special players like Warmack. Guys who can be Elite are different and I would be they would be willing to take a chance on.

DEE RAWL wrote:
1b) Keenan Allen, WR, CAL
I have been a fan of Allen since last season, very fluid with good size, speed and hands to go with it. Should be an immediate upgrade at the #1 WR spot.
If they decide to go get a WR in this draft it has to be in the 1st round, and it has to be a difference maker. And the one I see who can do that for us is Allen. I think team will eventually go with Hunter as their #1 WR in the draft due to his potential (they always go for it) While I think Allen will end up being the best WR in the class.

DEE RAWL wrote:
2a) Tony Jefferson, S, Oklahoma
Arguably the best cover safety in this class. I would love Amerson from NC State I just don't know where he will go and if he will be a corner or safety... Too much uncertainty to put him here.
I like Jefferson alot, he is a great fit for the scheme, good pick here. Unfortunately we need 2 Safeties this year.

DEE RAWL wrote:
2b) Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
I love this guy, I feel he should be in the first round, but he is projected as a 2nd rounder. Massive and strong with pretty good pass rush abilities. Incredibly athletic for his size.
I like Williams as a prospect, but not for us. We have this type of guy already in Langford. A guy who can disrupt but isnt a playmaker in the backfield. We need to add an interior pass rusher to this rotation.

DEE RAWL wrote:
3) William Gholston, DE, Michigan State
Back to back DL? Yes, they have a great starting front four but almost no rotation to speak of. I really like the idea of Gholston (whom I have also had a bit of a man crush on since last year) because he is a bit of a utility guy. He can play the 3 tech in pass rush downs or either DE spots, isn't the greatest finesse rusher but is very strong and has good enough pass rushing moves along with playing the run very well using his long arms and body to shed blockers.
I have kept an eye on Gholston as his stock has started to drop (more like settle where it should be). Fisher likes to have a 3rd DE he can throw in there when needed, and Gholston has the size it takes to play some UT and rush from the inside as well. The would be a really nice pickup for this DL, especially if William Hayes cashes in somewhere else.

DEE RAWL wrote:
4) Michael Mauti, LB, Penn State
Big, Strong, Physical linebacker who is a solid tackler. Putting Mauti at the SLB spot could make for a nice upgrade.
I know people like this kid, I havent been that impressed thus far, Its an OK pick and the Position is definitely a need. I think this could be a spot we look back at Safety again. Adding the more important (to this Defense it seems) Free Safety in Jefferson, there are some Strong Safety types that could be starters in this area.

DEE RAWL wrote:
5) Michael Williams, TE, Alabama
I know, I know... Another Bama player. Well to tell you the truth, Williams presents tons of value here and Bama offers a lot of good physical players that would fit very well in the NFL and especially the Blue n Gold. A good blocker that presents some receiving ability.
If they want to commit to Kendrick being more of a weapon then this is a type of pick I would expect. If they want him in his more all around TE Role then it could be a more athletic upside guy. I know there was that rumor out there already that we are looking hard at him, but that is just ridiculous at this point. Still a good pick.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lunatic, Ill start off by talking about Williams. Personally I think Langford and Williams are different players with Williams being a far more physical player. In any case... The rotation on the front four is average at best and getting two guys like Gholston and Williams would be a night and day difference. Both guys can stuff the run and rush the passer well.

As for Mauti, Im not the biggest fan and there are some guys I would prefer, but he just seems like such good value. Not that athletic but does all the other things that a SLB needs to do very well.

Michael Williams was also hard for me to put down because Im a much bigger advocate for receiving weapon TEs, but thats not the kind of TE they are looking for. Williams just fits so well I had to.

In any case thank you for the both the positive and constructive feedback
SJax39

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it, especially the Mauti pick!

[b]CLOWNEY WILL NOT MAKE IT PAST #2
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danke!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: