Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pat Lee released?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Pat Lee released? Reply with quote

Raiders need to make room on the roster for activating Bartell and last night DVD told P. Lee on Twitter to keep his head up. Has anyone heard anything?
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that too, I hope it's not Pat Lee. I like him as a prodpect.

big thanks to OakleyCap on the sig
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read on twitter he didn't travel with the team to Baltimore.

And Stanford Routt has a meeting with 'mystery' AFC team Monday according to PFT. Laughing Laughing

Everyone draw conclusions and panic!!!

More likely, he was waived for Bartell. That said, odd they'd keep Francies, Ross, etc. over him.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But...... Dr Coughman says he's the 2nd best player on the team......... how could this happen????

Meh, dude is very replaceable. We'll find someone to take his spot.

PM sig requests.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
But...... Dr Coughman says he's the 2nd best player on the team......... how could this happen????

I certainly don't think he's the 2nd best player on this team but he's definitely not the CB i'd release out of our current group. Francies' only role on this team has been ST and he isn't even good at it.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Francies is kept over Lee, I'll be shocked. Hopefully that doesn't happen.
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got an update on my phone Lee was released for Bartell. I think Francieos should be let go way before lee. I like the kid.

big thanks to OakleyCap on the sig
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive become numb to things like this, doesn't phase me anymore
BigMike1b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the team site, Pat Lee was released and Shawnte Spencer was put on IR. Jeremy Stewart was promoted as well.

2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!
holyghost

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't think it's that big of a deal.

Francies and Ross apparently are core special teamers. Bartell honestly takes Lee's job, so the release isn't so much about potential as it is a swap of the guys who play the identical roles. Metaphor - like cutting a 3rd baseman when you sign a better 3rd baseman, even if that guy you cut is better than your best right fielder.

I expect Lee will be there in the offseason to be re-signed for camp, an excellent chance of that, if the team wants him back. Right now getting Bartell back on the field, not shaking up an already shaky special teams, and signing up a running back are much higher priorities. Francies and Ross may suck. But the team definitely thinks, by looking at this move, that swapping in Lee on ST units will make a poor unit worse. It took half a season to stabilize a terrible set of ST units into average ones, no sense messing with that teetering uneasy peace.

They're not better players, but the FO thinks they are better for the team right now where they are.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

I certainly don't think he's the 2nd best player on this team but he's definitely not the CB i'd release out of our current group. Francies' only role on this team has been ST and he isn't even good at it.

I absolutely agree.

PM sig requests.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:

Francies and Ross apparently are core special teamers. Bartell honestly takes Lee's job, so the release isn't so much about potential as it is a swap of the guys who play the identical roles. Metaphor - like cutting a 3rd baseman when you sign a better 3rd baseman, even if that guy you cut is better than your best right fielder.

I expect Lee will be there in the offseason to be re-signed for camp, an excellent chance of that, if the team wants him back. Right now getting Bartell back on the field, not shaking up an already shaky special teams, and signing up a running back are much higher priorities. Francies and Ross may suck. But the team definitely thinks, by looking at this move, that swapping in Lee on ST units will make a poor unit worse. It took half a season to stabilize a terrible set of ST units into average ones, no sense messing with that teetering uneasy peace.

They're not better players, but the FO thinks they are better for the team right now where they are.

But Lee was a good STer with GB, so unless he totally forgot how to get downfield in a hurry and make the tackle, i think he can handle that role as well as Francies. Plus, Lee was there for depth when Bartell and Spencer were healthy. Now Spencer is out for the season and Bartell is coming back from injury. I'm not sure we don't need him anymore. I think they see Ross as a developmental player so i guess it makes sense to keep him.
macklemore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee sucks and I'm sure he will be back next year in camp, I don't expect anyone to go out and sign him. Adams stayed because of his punt returns duty, and Reggie must have liked Ross' potential.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
holyghost wrote:

But Lee was a good STer with GB, so unless he totally forgot how to get downfield in a hurry and make the tackle, i think he can handle that role as well as Francies. Plus, Lee was there for depth when Bartell and Spencer were healthy. Now Spencer is out for the season and Bartell is coming back from injury. I'm not sure we don't need him anymore. I think they see Ross as a developmental player so i guess it makes sense to keep him.

Yes, but his role on special teams with the Raiders has been limited. So like I said, I guess they didn't want to disturb those units midseason.

And Lee was the CB depth with Spencer and Bartell, before Huff was moved to corner. Looks like Huff's move is for the rest of the season and possibly permanent. Bartell took Lee's job (back), and Huff took his role when Bartell got healthy.

Whether or not I personally think Lee has more to offer than Francies is not my angle on this, I just see the logic behind the cut as far as the roles involved.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was almost certain Francies was getting cut. Most of us remember him for cooling with Adams in Atlanta. I guess Francies being a returner helped him and Reggie likes Ross.

Kinda weird seeing his guys getting cut. So'oto and Lee.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: