Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pat Lee released?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dawsonleery


Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 609
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Pat Lee released? Reply with quote

Raiders need to make room on the roster for activating Bartell and last night DVD told P. Lee on Twitter to keep his head up. Has anyone heard anything?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CaliforniaKid7


Joined: 23 Jan 2010
Posts: 5340
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that too, I hope it's not Pat Lee. I like him as a prodpect.
_________________

big thanks to OakleyCap on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 21740
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read on twitter he didn't travel with the team to Baltimore.

And Stanford Routt has a meeting with 'mystery' AFC team Monday according to PFT. Laughing Laughing

Everyone draw conclusions and panic!!!

More likely, he was waived for Bartell. That said, odd they'd keep Francies, Ross, etc. over him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 10990
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But...... Dr Coughman says he's the 2nd best player on the team......... how could this happen????

Meh, dude is very replaceable. We'll find someone to take his spot.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 13890
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
But...... Dr Coughman says he's the 2nd best player on the team......... how could this happen????

Meh, dude is very replaceable. We'll find someone to take his spot.


I certainly don't think he's the 2nd best player on this team but he's definitely not the CB i'd release out of our current group. Francies' only role on this team has been ST and he isn't even good at it.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 5522
Location: CA-TX
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Francies is kept over Lee, I'll be shocked. Hopefully that doesn't happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CaliforniaKid7


Joined: 23 Jan 2010
Posts: 5340
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got an update on my phone Lee was released for Bartell. I think Francieos should be let go way before lee. I like the kid.
_________________

big thanks to OakleyCap on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 9837
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive become numb to things like this, doesn't phase me anymore
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigMike1b


Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 1879
Location: 626, CA
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the team site, Pat Lee was released and Shawnte Spencer was put on IR. Jeremy Stewart was promoted as well.
_________________


2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holyghost


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 5703
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't think it's that big of a deal.

Francies and Ross apparently are core special teamers. Bartell honestly takes Lee's job, so the release isn't so much about potential as it is a swap of the guys who play the identical roles. Metaphor - like cutting a 3rd baseman when you sign a better 3rd baseman, even if that guy you cut is better than your best right fielder.

I expect Lee will be there in the offseason to be re-signed for camp, an excellent chance of that, if the team wants him back. Right now getting Bartell back on the field, not shaking up an already shaky special teams, and signing up a running back are much higher priorities. Francies and Ross may suck. But the team definitely thinks, by looking at this move, that swapping in Lee on ST units will make a poor unit worse. It took half a season to stabilize a terrible set of ST units into average ones, no sense messing with that teetering uneasy peace.

They're not better players, but the FO thinks they are better for the team right now where they are.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 10990
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
But...... Dr Coughman says he's the 2nd best player on the team......... how could this happen????

Meh, dude is very replaceable. We'll find someone to take his spot.


I certainly don't think he's the 2nd best player on this team but he's definitely not the CB i'd release out of our current group. Francies' only role on this team has been ST and he isn't even good at it.


I absolutely agree.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 13890
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
I really don't think it's that big of a deal.

Francies and Ross apparently are core special teamers. Bartell honestly takes Lee's job, so the release isn't so much about potential as it is a swap of the guys who play the identical roles. Metaphor - like cutting a 3rd baseman when you sign a better 3rd baseman, even if that guy you cut is better than your best right fielder.

I expect Lee will be there in the offseason to be re-signed for camp, an excellent chance of that, if the team wants him back. Right now getting Bartell back on the field, not shaking up an already shaky special teams, and signing up a running back are much higher priorities. Francies and Ross may suck. But the team definitely thinks, by looking at this move, that swapping in Lee on ST units will make a poor unit worse. It took half a season to stabilize a terrible set of ST units into average ones, no sense messing with that teetering uneasy peace.

They're not better players, but the FO thinks they are better for the team right now where they are.


But Lee was a good STer with GB, so unless he totally forgot how to get downfield in a hurry and make the tackle, i think he can handle that role as well as Francies. Plus, Lee was there for depth when Bartell and Spencer were healthy. Now Spencer is out for the season and Bartell is coming back from injury. I'm not sure we don't need him anymore. I think they see Ross as a developmental player so i guess it makes sense to keep him.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
macklemore


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 1425
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee sucks and I'm sure he will be back next year in camp, I don't expect anyone to go out and sign him. Adams stayed because of his punt returns duty, and Reggie must have liked Ross' potential.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holyghost


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 5703
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
I really don't think it's that big of a deal.

Francies and Ross apparently are core special teamers. Bartell honestly takes Lee's job, so the release isn't so much about potential as it is a swap of the guys who play the identical roles. Metaphor - like cutting a 3rd baseman when you sign a better 3rd baseman, even if that guy you cut is better than your best right fielder.

I expect Lee will be there in the offseason to be re-signed for camp, an excellent chance of that, if the team wants him back. Right now getting Bartell back on the field, not shaking up an already shaky special teams, and signing up a running back are much higher priorities. Francies and Ross may suck. But the team definitely thinks, by looking at this move, that swapping in Lee on ST units will make a poor unit worse. It took half a season to stabilize a terrible set of ST units into average ones, no sense messing with that teetering uneasy peace.

They're not better players, but the FO thinks they are better for the team right now where they are.


But Lee was a good STer with GB, so unless he totally forgot how to get downfield in a hurry and make the tackle, i think he can handle that role as well as Francies. Plus, Lee was there for depth when Bartell and Spencer were healthy. Now Spencer is out for the season and Bartell is coming back from injury. I'm not sure we don't need him anymore. I think they see Ross as a developmental player so i guess it makes sense to keep him.


Yes, but his role on special teams with the Raiders has been limited. So like I said, I guess they didn't want to disturb those units midseason.

And Lee was the CB depth with Spencer and Bartell, before Huff was moved to corner. Looks like Huff's move is for the rest of the season and possibly permanent. Bartell took Lee's job (back), and Huff took his role when Bartell got healthy.

Whether or not I personally think Lee has more to offer than Francies is not my angle on this, I just see the logic behind the cut as far as the roles involved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaiderX


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 19748
Location: Crown Town, CA
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was almost certain Francies was getting cut. Most of us remember him for cooling with Adams in Atlanta. I guess Francies being a returner helped him and Reggie likes Ross.

Kinda weird seeing his guys getting cut. So'oto and Lee.
_________________

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group