Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dove Valley - Official Front Office Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Broncos bring back Alex Gibbs as offensive line consultant':
http://bit.ly/10G8n6d

Gibbs will assist Magazu over the course of the season. This move indicates that the battle for the number one RB spot is all but open, IMO. It's Ball's job to lose as they now have brought in an additional resource to maximize his talent.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:

Gibbs will assist Magazu over the course of the season. This move indicates that the battle for the number one RB spot is all but open, IMO. It's Ball's job to lose as they now have brought in an additional resource to maximize his talent.

Here's an interesting analysis by Alex Gibbs of the ZBS when TD was playing.
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:

Agreed. People like to declare that drafting Ball isn't a sign of anything, but let's be real. When you take a RB with Ball's makeup, he wasn't brought in to back up someone.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a great move. Gibbs is arguably the best at the "one cut and go" running game. That fits Ball's style perfectly.

I'm with you 67, Ball wasn't brought in to back up anybody.
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Thats a great move. Gibbs is arguably the best at the "one cut and go" running game. That fits Ball's style perfectly.

Who on our roster least fits the ZBS? Moreno does a lot of dancing, could be a hint on the RB we're cutting, not just the running back who will be starting.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ZBS might benefit Hillman. I believe at SDSU they ran more ZBS than MBS even when Hoke was there. I thought he started to dance less towards the end of the season and the one cut might get him going quicker.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesnt matter what blocking scheme the Broncos run when their starter (McGahee) is injury prone, his backup (Knowshon) is injury prone, Hillman weighs less than Champ Bailey and the new kid has over 1000 carries in his carrier with multiple concussions.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZBS benefits Hillman a lot. I thought when he was decisive and hit a hole, he picked up nice yardage. Hillman will have a big year.

Thanks, Tzimisce
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Doesnt matter what blocking scheme the Broncos run when their starter (McGahee) is injury prone, his backup (Knowshon) is injury prone, Hillman weighs less than Champ Bailey and the new kid has over 1000 carries in his carrier with multiple concussions.

I guess that is why we signed Welker, haha. Those outs & ins, are practically few yards here or there, like a running play.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Who on our roster least fits the ZBS? Moreno does a lot of dancing, could be a hint on the RB we're cutting, not just the running back who will be starting.

OK so I don't have access to much game film but here are a few examples of good runs for Moreno I found. (Someone should teach me how to embed these for easy playing in the forum Smile )

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000100355/Moreno-17-yard-run

^Not really a ZBS play (I guess?), it's a stretch run. But he doesn't really dance too much. He does what he is suppose to - read the tackles block and make a move inside or out. Gains 17 yards.

I won't waste a lot of you time guys so here's an "Ultimate Knowshon highlight reel", posted in 2013. First run you'll see is a simple Dive play, no dancing, just one cut and go...then his classic HURDLE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXq7un2d7s8

Really think he's adjusted now. Just needs to stay healthy. Really starting to believe now we should keep Knoshon, Ball, and Hillman now as a near-perfect 3-back lineup.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

OK so I don't have access to much game film but here are a few examples of good runs for Moreno I found. (Someone should teach me how to embed these for easy playing in the forum Smile )

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000100355/Moreno-17-yard-run

^Not really a ZBS play (I guess?), it's a stretch run. But he doesn't really dance too much. He does what he is suppose to - read the tackles block and make a move inside or out. Gains 17 yards.

I won't waste a lot of you time guys so here's an "Ultimate Knowshon highlight reel", posted in 2013. First run you'll see is a simple Dive play, no dancing, just one cut and go...then his classic HURDLE!

Really think he's adjusted now. Just needs to stay healthy. Really starting to believe now we should keep Knoshon, Ball, and Hillman now as a near-perfect 3-back lineup.

The perfect 3-back lineup, IMO, would be Ball, Hillman, McGahee. Moreno offers nothing that Ball and Hillman don't already, and McGahee, being the biggest back on the team at least offers his size as an advantage we don't already have, and because he has started and has the added versatility as a receiver and blocker, I think minimizing his touches would be best because it also minimizes his fumble risk and such.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Pack, it's not what he does when the hole is there that bothers me. It's what he does when it's not.

He's had single games where he's had more "negative yardage" plays than TD did in a season. Those plays are killers for an offense.

Where Moreno loses 3-4 yards, guys like TD would gain 1 or 2. I think thats what Ball will bring back to this offense.

Good read in the DP about the "one cut" system today.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23228610/gibbs-back-blockers-consultant
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand, Gibbs was brought in to help the young players develop and hone their technique, not to coordinate a blocking scheme. The primarily MBS with occasional zone plays mixed in will continue to be our approach.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
b_rent87

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Orlando Franklin Cool

Props to Jamison on the sig
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

The perfect 3-back lineup, IMO, would be Ball, Hillman, McGahee. Moreno offers nothing that Ball and Hillman don't already, and McGahee, being the biggest back on the team at least offers his size as an advantage we don't already have, and because he has started and has the added versatility as a receiver and blocker, I think minimizing his touches would be best because it also minimizes his fumble risk and such.

Disagree. Minimizing carries can increase fumbling risks. Also he has certainly lost a step at this point. No point in keeping him over the younger Moreno. That's not what we should be doing right now. And there is no point in giving him goaline and short yardage carries when we have Ball and a FB. I hate when coaches take away TDs from starters just for the overage veteran. Remember, Ball was the All-Time leading scorer in NCAA history, and you're not gonna give him shots to score in the NFL?

AKRNA, but I've seen the exact opposite. The two runs I remember most aren't even on that highlight. Where it looked like he had nothing and danced around multiple defenders for like a 10 yard gain. I don't care if Knowshon dances when there's no hole, specially when I've seen him hit the hole with one cut and go with authority when there is one and only dance his way to 10 yards when there isn't one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13

Jump to: