Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dove Valley - Official Front Office Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anewdawn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: dumervil released Reply with quote

When they first talked about releasing him there was no mention from the FO of dead money re the cap entering the picture. WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED. Where did this come from and wasn't it taken into this little game of poker?
I sure hope that if Doom wants to really stay he makes noise about this thru the NFLPA as well as the Broncos Front office and clearly show the intent of Doom wanting to stay. Heck fax machines can take forever to deliver a message. What a mess and what a surprise to learn by releasing him we are charged basically 5 mill for nothing.
Wonder if he really wants to stay or if this was done by intent?
Winder23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: dumervil released Reply with quote

anewdawn wrote:
When they first talked about releasing him there was no mention from the FO of dead money re the cap entering the picture. WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED. Where did this come from and wasn't it taken into this little game of poker?
I sure hope that if Doom wants to really stay he makes noise about this thru the NFLPA as well as the Broncos Front office and clearly show the intent of Doom wanting to stay. Heck fax machines can take forever to deliver a message. What a mess and what a surprise to learn by releasing him we are charged basically 5 mill for nothing.
Wonder if he really wants to stay or if this was done by intent?
The dead money was always part of the deal. The Broncos knew they were going to have the dead money. The actaul cash paid to Doom hasn't changed. The entirety of the dead money is the signing bonus spread over the last three years of the contract. Once the player is released, the bonus which was prorated, becomes an instant cap hit.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is our cap number now? How much space do we have left to sign a DE?

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best
Winder23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
What is our cap number now? How much space do we have left to sign a DE?
Between 7 and 9 million after Doom's release.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather draft and even trade up if we have to, for a guy like Bjoern Werner than sign an over the hill bum like Abraham or Freeney. They're both just like Dumervil. Except worse against the run and older.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
anewdawn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: league denies FO appeal re Doom Reply with quote

that a verbal agreement was in place. Verbal? Again if Dooms agent has a fax receipt showing the fax was sent at 3:55 eastern (as he claims) then Doom staying a Bronco should be a done deal if in fact he wants to remain one. Time for DeMaurice Smith to earn his money again. Either way though I can live without Doom. He is overpaid at the 8 mill agreed upon and I think Ayers will fit in niceley and there are alot of options at end in the draft, but I admit I liked him as a player and for all he's done in the past (not so much this year though - alot of garbage sax at the end of the game).
hibdib31

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Schefter is reporting the Packers are near a deal to re-sign Clay Matthews north of $13M per year:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9129993/green-bay-packers-deal-clay-matthews-sources

During the upcoming season, I think the front office will begin considering a contract extension or new contract for Von Miller. Miller is set to make $2,284,125 in 2013 and $3,238,688 in 2014, and as we all know, he is worth far more than those amounts. Clay Matthews is one of the premier young pass rushers in the league and his contract numbers will be a good starting point for discussions.

Elway will surely make sure Miller is a Denver Bronco for a long time. Got to love this guy:

AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't sure where to put this but seemed like a good article on our FO's draft philosophy.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22943692/broncos-begin-search-best-available-earnest-this-week
AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking ahead, seems like the contract bar for Von is getting raised.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/57271/broncos-will-pay-attention-to-matthews-deal
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Wasn't sure where to put this but seemed like a good article on our FO's draft philosophy.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22943692/broncos-begin-search-best-available-earnest-this-week

It makes sense.

Theres very few roster spots available. At any given position this team can go into the season with a capable starter at the helm. I believe that the Front Office is looking for high impact players, not just roster guys. They will let Irving and Johnson battle it out at MLB before taking one from this class.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

It makes sense.

Theres very few roster spots available. At any given position this team can go into the season with a capable starter at the helm. I believe that the Front Office is looking for high impact players, not just roster guys. They will let Irving and Johnson battle it out at MLB before taking one from this class.

I would agree. Both you and germ have been emphasizing prospects that are maybe not as NFL ready, but have huge upside. Thats where you'd get your impact guys.

This article kind of hints at that approach. Sure would change a draft board wouldn't it?
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured this belongs here. Rahim Moore finally speaking out about the incident. After reading this article, you get the sense that this won't phase him. I like to hear that he's not a social media fiend, doesn't drink/smoke, etc... Sounds like someone who will succeed with or without football. But he's certainly intent on making the most of his chances.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23071622/broncos-rahim-moore-couldnt-wait-get-head-start

Thanks, Tzimisce
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember our draft strategy near the end of Shannys tenure. Draft in bunches and see hope to get 1 good one (D. Williams, Foxworth, Paymah)

jonnyj20 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Really doubt Alex Smith would get KC to 2nd place.

Alex Smith + Andy Reid + better health = KC 2nd in our division.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay folks, here is an absolute and definite MUST HEAR:

Sports psychologist Dr. Rick Perea on Sandy Clough's Talk on psychology in the NFL (draft room) and more specifically inter-personal relations/organizational psychology in Dove Valley regarding Elway as the face of the franchise.

Click on podcast 04/19/2013 10 am!

The whole discussion is pretty good - other topics touched upon are the football dyslexia of JaMarcus Russell and Tebow -, but midway through the podcast Clough and Perea begin to actually focus on power relations in the Broncos' FO:

http://www.1043thefan.com/podcasts/Episodes.aspx?PID=2095

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best
hibdib31

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elway repeatedly said they're looking to hit on their top pick with a guy that will play for 10 years.

Does anyone take that as - no boom or bust types/no projects? Will they want to pick someone they have enough knowledge/tape on that they know what they'll be getting?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13

Jump to: