Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dove Valley - Official Front Office Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRebar913

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
According to a Lindsay Jones tweet, Broncos deny Chargers permission to interview Matt Russell.

Good! Personally I think they should deny that to any active staff until after our last game.

I don't like that idea. I'm actually a Russell fan, so I'm glad he's here, but teams become attractive spots for coaches because they let the coordinators pursue opportunities.

yea well eventually you need to have one stick around for at least 5 seasons. how long was kubiak an oc before he left?
Donut

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
According to a Lindsay Jones tweet, Broncos deny Chargers permission to interview Matt Russell.

Good! Personally I think they should deny that to any active staff until after our last game.

I don't like that idea. I'm actually a Russell fan, so I'm glad he's here, but teams become attractive spots for coaches because they let the coordinators pursue opportunities.

I have no issue w/ the blocking since you can't block when it comes to promotions only lateral moves. So it'd be blocking Del Rio from interviewing for a DC spot elsewhere and they can't block him from interviewing to be a HC. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think its the same w/ FO. Though it might be harder to determine w/ FO since the titles can vary team to team.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

yea well eventually you need to have one stick around for at least 5 seasons. how long was kubiak an oc before he left?

I understand that, but when teams are good, this is what happens. Teams want coaches from successful franchises.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
JRebar913 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

I understand that, but when teams are good, this is what happens. Teams want coaches from successful franchises.

I think you're missing my point 67. I have nothing against the movement, only the timing.

How 'bout we finish the season 1st before staff start looking for better jobs.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
Russell was also not interested in leaving.

I think he's done a great job and I wouldn't be surprised if he was our GM in the next year or two.

I'm still iffy on Russell. But he's earned Elway's trust and that's big in my book so maybe he's better than I give him credit for.

But becoming our GM would be a change in title only. As Director of Player Personnel, he's second in command to Elway, exactly what he would be if given the nominal title of General Manager.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
JRebar913

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

I think he's done a great job and I wouldn't be surprised if he was our GM in the next year or two.

I'm still iffy on Russell. But he's earned Elway's trust and that's big in my book so maybe he's better than I give him credit for.

But becoming our GM would be a change in title only. As Director of Player Personnel, he's second in command to Elway, exactly what he would be if given the nominal title of General Manager.

maybe he takes over one day when elway is the owner Cool
Book Wormington

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

I liked that Russell turned it down himself and that he said that he grew up a Denver fan and wanted to continue working here. He earned a lot of respect from me for saying that.
elliot878

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow just read an article on Russell and came away thoroughly impressed by his loyalty. Will pull quotes. I don't have a link because it was tweeted by Albert Breer and I read linked from twitter on my phone, but will provide quotes from texts that Russell sent to Breer.

Russell told Elway to deny any requests for interviews for GM openings.

Matt Russell wrote:
"I stayed because I cheered for the Broncos in college. Fiercely loyal to the state and fan base and have a great staff I work with. And Elway is the best,"

Matt Russell wrote:
"We have a great thing going and my fam is happy and so to jump at more money and relocate didn't make sense. I'm sure lots of guys in the league will think I'm stupid but it's sort of like (Eric) DeCosta at Baltimore. I'm loyal to this place and I don't wanna leave."

I'm beginning to trust Russell from a personnel standpoint more. Elway and the coaching staff get a ton of credit for the good drafts the past two years that have helped to turn this ship around. No doubt Russell's voice is one they've listened to though, evidence of that from the promotion he received, the teams calling about GM vacancies, as well as Elway keeping him around through the regime change. The past two drafts, as well as the high praise this guy receives league wide, as well as from our own execs and coaching staff make me wonder whether he was a smart personnel guy all along, and If Mac was just power tripping and overriding any advice he received from Russell, and other scouts.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HE'S A MCDANIELS LACKY!!!!111111111!!!!!!!!1

MUFC OK
paul-mac

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. We'd allow him to interview if he wanted to, as we are with McCoy, but Russell wants to stay.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:

I was being sarcastic, for the record.

MUFC OK
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:

I was being sarcastic, for the record.

We got that. Laughing Laughing

That wasn't for anyone specific was it? Wink
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burns Named Washington Special Teams Coordinator:

http://bit.ly/VSs1p2

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Burns Named Washington Special Teams Coordinator:

http://bit.ly/VSs1p2

Good for Keith. he's always been a favorite of mine. He'll do a good job for Mike.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former KC special teams quality control coach Swinton hired as Broncos' Assistant Special Teams Coach

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Swinton-Hired-as-Assistant-Special-Teams-Coach/ae226924-b67d-451b-a951-c500a2b84d40

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: