Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dove Valley - Official Front Office Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JRebar913


Joined: 11 Mar 2012
Posts: 989
Location: Kansas City
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
According to a Lindsay Jones tweet, Broncos deny Chargers permission to interview Matt Russell.


Good! Personally I think they should deny that to any active staff until after our last game.


I don't like that idea. I'm actually a Russell fan, so I'm glad he's here, but teams become attractive spots for coaches because they let the coordinators pursue opportunities.


yea well eventually you need to have one stick around for at least 5 seasons. how long was kubiak an oc before he left?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Donut


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 12343
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
According to a Lindsay Jones tweet, Broncos deny Chargers permission to interview Matt Russell.


Good! Personally I think they should deny that to any active staff until after our last game.


I don't like that idea. I'm actually a Russell fan, so I'm glad he's here, but teams become attractive spots for coaches because they let the coordinators pursue opportunities.

I have no issue w/ the blocking since you can't block when it comes to promotions only lateral moves. So it'd be blocking Del Rio from interviewing for a DC spot elsewhere and they can't block him from interviewing to be a HC. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think its the same w/ FO. Though it might be harder to determine w/ FO since the titles can vary team to team.
_________________
dhunt2402 wrote:
You're like the patron saint of roster bubble players Laughing
Adopt a Patriot:
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 21149
Location: Capitol Cit-ay
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
According to a Lindsay Jones tweet, Broncos deny Chargers permission to interview Matt Russell.


Good! Personally I think they should deny that to any active staff until after our last game.


I don't like that idea. I'm actually a Russell fan, so I'm glad he's here, but teams become attractive spots for coaches because they let the coordinators pursue opportunities.


yea well eventually you need to have one stick around for at least 5 seasons. how long was kubiak an oc before he left?


I understand that, but when teams are good, this is what happens. Teams want coaches from successful franchises.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5019
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
JRebar913 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
According to a Lindsay Jones tweet, Broncos deny Chargers permission to interview Matt Russell.


Good! Personally I think they should deny that to any active staff until after our last game.


I don't like that idea. I'm actually a Russell fan, so I'm glad he's here, but teams become attractive spots for coaches because they let the coordinators pursue opportunities.


yea well eventually you need to have one stick around for at least 5 seasons. how long was kubiak an oc before he left?


I understand that, but when teams are good, this is what happens. Teams want coaches from successful franchises.


I think you're missing my point 67. I have nothing against the movement, only the timing.

How 'bout we finish the season 1st before staff start looking for better jobs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnAngryAmerican


Moderator
Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 18241
Location: Loveland, CO
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
According to a Lindsay Jones tweet, Broncos deny Chargers permission to interview Matt Russell.
Russell was also not interested in leaving.

I think he's done a great job and I wouldn't be surprised if he was our GM in the next year or two.

I'm still iffy on Russell. But he's earned Elway's trust and that's big in my book so maybe he's better than I give him credit for.

But becoming our GM would be a change in title only. As Director of Player Personnel, he's second in command to Elway, exactly what he would be if given the nominal title of General Manager.
_________________
big_palooka:

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JRebar913


Joined: 11 Mar 2012
Posts: 989
Location: Kansas City
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
According to a Lindsay Jones tweet, Broncos deny Chargers permission to interview Matt Russell.
Russell was also not interested in leaving.

I think he's done a great job and I wouldn't be surprised if he was our GM in the next year or two.

I'm still iffy on Russell. But he's earned Elway's trust and that's big in my book so maybe he's better than I give him credit for.

But becoming our GM would be a change in title only. As Director of Player Personnel, he's second in command to Elway, exactly what he would be if given the nominal title of General Manager.


maybe he takes over one day when elway is the owner Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Book Wormington


Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 202
Location: Cotati, CA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
According to a Lindsay Jones tweet, Broncos deny Chargers permission to interview Matt Russell.
Russell was also not interested in leaving.

I think he's done a great job and I wouldn't be surprised if he was our GM in the next year or two.

I'm still iffy on Russell. But he's earned Elway's trust and that's big in my book so maybe he's better than I give him credit for.

But becoming our GM would be a change in title only. As Director of Player Personnel, he's second in command to Elway, exactly what he would be if given the nominal title of General Manager.


I liked that Russell turned it down himself and that he said that he grew up a Denver fan and wanted to continue working here. He earned a lot of respect from me for saying that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
elliot878


Moderator
Joined: 03 Feb 2007
Posts: 10429
Location: Connecticut
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow just read an article on Russell and came away thoroughly impressed by his loyalty. Will pull quotes. I don't have a link because it was tweeted by Albert Breer and I read linked from twitter on my phone, but will provide quotes from texts that Russell sent to Breer.

Russell told Elway to deny any requests for interviews for GM openings.

Matt Russell wrote:
"I stayed because I cheered for the Broncos in college. Fiercely loyal to the state and fan base and have a great staff I work with. And Elway is the best,"


Matt Russell wrote:
"We have a great thing going and my fam is happy and so to jump at more money and relocate didn't make sense. I'm sure lots of guys in the league will think I'm stupid but it's sort of like (Eric) DeCosta at Baltimore. I'm loyal to this place and I don't wanna leave."


I'm beginning to trust Russell from a personnel standpoint more. Elway and the coaching staff get a ton of credit for the good drafts the past two years that have helped to turn this ship around. No doubt Russell's voice is one they've listened to though, evidence of that from the promotion he received, the teams calling about GM vacancies, as well as Elway keeping him around through the regime change. The past two drafts, as well as the high praise this guy receives league wide, as well as from our own execs and coaching staff make me wonder whether he was a smart personnel guy all along, and If Mac was just power tripping and overriding any advice he received from Russell, and other scouts.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lomaxgr


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 20855
Location: Manchester, England
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HE'S A MCDANIELS LACKY!!!!111111111!!!!!!!!1
_________________


MUFC OK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul-mac


Joined: 12 Jul 2009
Posts: 7880
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. We'd allow him to interview if he wanted to, as we are with McCoy, but Russell wants to stay.
_________________
Big Palooka wrote:
Broncos won't make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
lomaxgr


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 20855
Location: Manchester, England
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
HE'S A MCDANIELS LACKY!!!!111111111!!!!!!!!1


I was being sarcastic, for the record.
_________________


MUFC OK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5019
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
HE'S A MCDANIELS LACKY!!!!111111111!!!!!!!!1


I was being sarcastic, for the record.


We got that. Laughing Laughing

That wasn't for anyone specific was it? Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncoinGermany


Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 2283
Location: Deutschland
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burns Named Washington Special Teams Coordinator:

http://bit.ly/VSs1p2
_________________

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5019
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Burns Named Washington Special Teams Coordinator:

http://bit.ly/VSs1p2


Good for Keith. he's always been a favorite of mine. He'll do a good job for Mike.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncoinGermany


Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 2283
Location: Deutschland
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former KC special teams quality control coach Swinton hired as Broncos' Assistant Special Teams Coach

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Swinton-Hired-as-Assistant-Special-Teams-Coach/ae226924-b67d-451b-a951-c500a2b84d40
_________________

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group