Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Squish the Fish!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeastM0de23RB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
BeastM0de23RB wrote:

-Get rid of the darn WILDCAT!!! It's baffling the play calls Gailey comes up with in these short yardage situations. Stop getting cute. Please.

Could someone please explain to me why everyone is calling the Wildcat, cute? It is the opposite of cute. The point of it is to bring and extra linemen and smash the ball up the middle without having a delay to hand the ball off. Physical, gritty teams are the ones that run the Wildcat well. There is nothing cute about it.

We only use it like once a game. If that...

"Getting cute" is just a phrase. "Getting too cute" is just something people say when you go away from traditional play calling and unwisely call a double reverse on a 3rd and short. Stuff like that.

Technically speaking, sure it's gritty, but no way should we be wasting plays on this. The formation is no longer a surprise for opposing defenses. It only works when you have someone running it that is a threat to throw the ball. Tashard Choice does not pose that threat. It's a waste, and Gailey should just give it up. Too many drives have been stalled because Gailey felt it was necessary to use the Wildcat when it has yet to work for us consistently. Thus, he's getting "too cute" for his own good.

“Experiences are the chemicals of life with which the philosopher experiments” - M.P.H.
BeastM0de23RB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least, that's my explanation for the use of the phrase. Can't speak for everyone else.

“Experiences are the chemicals of life with which the philosopher experiments” - M.P.H.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeastM0de23RB wrote:
At least, that's my explanation for the use of the phrase. Can't speak for everyone else.

Sounds about right.. Why they ever decided to run it with Choice on our 1st series was beyond me
BeastM0de23RB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
Playoffs!? Probably not, but it's nice to dream.

Code:
                  Rec  Div  Conf  Wk 11
1.   Houston      8-1  2-0  7-0   JAC
2.   Baltimore    7-2  4-0  6-1   @ PIT   
3.   New England  6-3  3-0  5-1   IND
4.   Denver       6-3  2-0  4-2   S.D.
5.   Indianapolis 6-3  2-1  4-2   @ N.E.
6.   Pittsburgh   6-3  1-0  3-3   BAL
7.   San Diego    4-5  3-1  4-2   @ DEN
8.   Cincinnati   4-5  1-3  2-5   @ K.C.
9.   Tennessee    4-6  0-2  3-4   BYE
10.  Buffalo      4-6  1-3  3-5
11.  Miami        4-6  1-2  3-5
12a. New York     3-6  2-2  3-4   @ STL
12b. Oakland      3-6  1-2  3-4   N.O.
14.  Cleveland    2-7  1-3  2-5   @ DAL
15.  Jacksonville 1-8  1-2  1-4   @ HOU
16.  Kansas city  1-8  0-3  0-6   CIN

That win last night was big for us. We pretty much need to win out, but for the most part, we've played the toughest opponents on our schedule. If you take a look at the top defenses we are going to face this season, a good portion of those defenses are behind us. Making a run right now is not impossible. The Bills just have to take it a game at a time. A win in Indy could push things in the right direction. Still plenty to clean up, and luckily we'll have an extra few days to rest and prepare for the Colts.

BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:

Teams to root for this week:

2. New England over Indianapolis

Don't think I could bring myself to do it...
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:

Teams to root for this week:

2. New England over Indianapolis

Don't think I could bring myself to do it...

Haha, that won't happen.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't root for NE, but a win by the Pats would help us more than a win by IND would. I have no illusions of us winning the division, especially losing both to them. Wildcard is at least within reach, and an IND loss will help matters.

marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeastM0de23RB wrote:
I can't root for NE, but a win by the Pats would help us more than a win by IND would. I have no illusions of us winning the division, especially losing both to them. Wildcard is at least within reach, and an IND loss will help matters.
Especially when we play the Colts next week. Could pick up 2 games on them if everything goes right.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
BeastM0de23RB wrote:
Especially when we play the Colts next week. Could pick up 2 games on them if everything goes right.

The colts also have two games left against Houston and play @ Detroit after our game which works in our favour.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
BeastM0de23RB

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 5 non-divisional leading teams ahead of us. We just need to be in one of those two WC spots (obviously). For the most part, the teams in front of us have a tough road ahead of them.

-IND - We could control our own destiny here. If they lose this week, a win next week would be huge for us. As others have pointed out before, they also have to play Houston twice and Detroit. Other two games are TEN and KC

-PIT- No Big Ben against BAL this week. After this week, they have BAL once more, CLE twice, SD, CIN, and DAL

-SD - Has DEN, BAL, CIN, PIT, CAR, NYJ, and OAK left.

-CIN - Has KC, OAK, SD, DAL, PHI, BAL, and PIT left

-TENN - JAX twice, HOU, IND, NYJ, and GB

Of course, we have to take care of business, but our closing schedule is somewhat favorable for us. The toughest part of our schedule is over with, and the toughest defenses we were to face this season are behind us. 4 of our last 6 are home games, or should I say, 3.5 of our last 6 are HOME games, with the Seattle game being on a neutral field pretty much. There is still hope folks!

And of course, wins by the Jets and Raiders this week make this whole scenario much more complicated lol

TommyC376

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Well at least CJ was humble... Brick wall

The first words out of your mouth are "I silenced the critics"? Really? Didn't realize this was the Buffalo CJ Spillers...

You had a good game CJ, but seriously... COME ON MAAAAN!!!!!
Hey you leave him alone!! He did silence the critics ... but it was against the Jets, and Chiefs when he silenced the critics.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: