Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steve Breaston
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree - Breaston should be playing more. I'm all for Baldwin and Bowe as the starters but damn when they bring in the 3rd wide out it should be Breaston!

I really wanna see Bowe move to the slot sometimes on 3 wr sets. Watching the coach view I noticed some other things we might not expect buit were tried - mainly that Flowers played some RCB on Monday. Bowe would be every bit the nightmare to handle that Boldin has been when he moves inside.

Last week was sad though. Breaston not even dressed was inexcusable.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
Well for starters I feel bad for Baldwin. The poor kid gets open just as much as any 2nd year player should. Matt Cassel just wont / cant throw his way.

Not only that, but if you pay close attention to the routes he's running, it's obvious that Daboll thinks of him as a secondary option, even though he's displayed the ability to run almost every route on the tree effectively and create separation. Every week, though, he's only sent on 3 or 4 different routes. That's it. We drafted him in the first freakin' round because of his freakish athletic ability and all we're doing is sending him on go routes, drags, slants and screens. It's ridiculous. He has the ability and willingness to run routes like a #1 WR, but we limit his usefulness instead by making him run generic routes. Granted, yes, Cassel is our QB and that limits the options. 10, 15 and 20 yard out routes are completely off limits unless we decide it would be best if we were TRYING to throw picks.

Guys, just think back to training camp. Baldwin was absolutely dominating everyone he lined up against when he was the #1 WR in our offense (remember, Bowe wasn't in camp this year).

If we had a QB who was capable of making every throw with good velocity, it'd make a huge difference. I'm not concerned with Baldwin at all.

Bottom paged. Grr.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Every week, though, he's only sent on 3 or 4 different routes. That's it. We drafted him in the first freakin' round because of his freakish athletic ability and all we're doing is sending him on go routes, drags, slants and screens.

Go routes clear out defenders for our edge rushing attack and the rest are the only throws Cassel can even think about completing. Why run other routes? It'd be totally irrelevant, and yes I realize that is exactly your point.

EDIT: Almost forgot.

#FireThemAll&LetBelichickSortItOut

^ryknowssd on the sig
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:
Every week, though, he's only sent on 3 or 4 different routes. That's it. We drafted him in the first freakin' round because of his freakish athletic ability and all we're doing is sending him on go routes, drags, slants and screens.

Go routes clear out defenders for our edge rushing attack and the rest are the only throws Cassel can even think about completing. Why run other routes? It'd be totally irrelevant, and yes I realize that is exactly your point.

Speaking of routes.. something I notice far too often in the coaches tape are the routes we run are usually way too close together.

What I mean for example is they will run a route by 2 guys or hell all 3 routes that all get to the same depth on the field. A safety or zone defender so often finds himself in position to cover/break on more than one route around him.

There was a play Monday where we ran two crossing routes and rolled Cassel.. well as Cassel rolls left and looks to throw he's got Bowe crossing on the 2nd level with his guy trailing.. but underneath him is someone else on another crossing route bringing more defenders into the area and Cassel was forced to just pull it down and run.

It happens FAR TOO OFTEN.

Had that second crossing route broke right (opposite of Cassel's eventual bootleg but would have worked real well with the initial action of the play (which was a play fake to the right and the OL slanting right) Bowe would have been an easy completion.

Sad
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
I'm about ready to forfeit the rest of our games, fire everyone, and do nothing but practices for various "consultants" to figure this crap out.

Breaston seems like a very good guy, and good player. I wonder how much of a "Haley guy he was.?"

I don't care. Breaston is our 2nd most proven WR. Baldwin hasn't done anything to show he should be playing a ton right now. Neither has Wiley.

This makes no sense, but nothing really does with this team anymore. I feel really bad for a lot of guys on this team.

Well for starters I feel bad for Baldwin. The poor kid gets open just as much as any 2nd year player should. Matt Cassel just wont / cant throw his way.

Yeah, I didn't mean to sound like I was slamming Baldwin. I was more looking at a "proven" aspect, and proven with Cassel. Breaston was a great #2 last year with Cassel. If you were actually still trying to win, putting the guys with the history of success with your QB makes more sense then a 4th round rookie who was hurt for the past 6 weeks.

The problem is that the powers that be apparently see the problem as more about the WR's. Breaston has very few catches so let's get somebody younger and quicker in there, he's just not producing this year. Cassel on the other hand is "producing", he's making too many TO's but other than that they don't see how bad his play is which is why they saw no problem sticking with him when he wasn't turning the ball over.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
RedandGold

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless a massive pay cut comes into play i dont forsee Breaston coming back to KC. He is over paid and has done little to help the team. I for one agree with ther idea of giving some of our younger players some time on the field.

WORST COACH IN KC HISTORY
Thanks for the sig Saintsfan
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine with getting a look at Wylie, we know what Breaston can do. It's just that they are contradicting themselves by not seeing what Stanzi can do. But I think they can find somebody else to not be active, he's much too good a player for that. In reality, Wylie should take some of McClusters snaps as they play the same position.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
shanekc88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Yeah Reply with quote

Where did the promising season go? So much was going right heading to the season. I tired of defending our defense because I still think its good its just on the field all damn game. We should not even be talking about WR'S because we have no QB to get them the ball either A in stride. B thrown in the right area. C not getting Bowe killed. This season has been the most frustrating season since I have been alive.

Breton? I almost forgot the guy was on our team. It's either Bowe or a 3 yd Pass to Moeki or Connolly I believe his is name. We all know its cassel haha that's the sad thing. EVERYONE knows yet Sttanzi can't suit up? I had so many expectations this season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: