Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Peace of Mind.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Put a price on Peace of Mind.
My Soul.
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Every paycheque I ever earn.
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
My most prized possession.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
It's worth something....but not too much.
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
It's worth nothing to me. What is this phony baloney?
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

x0x

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Peace of Mind. Reply with quote

The absence of mental stress or anxiety, and the presence of serenity, calm, quiet, comfort of mind; Inner peace

How valuable is it to you?

If for example a magic man (let's say he's actually magic and not a crazy hobo) came to you and offered you $1 Million USD or eternal Peace of Mind, which would you take? etc.

For me, Peace of Mind is the greatest gift/asset one can have, and complete peace of mind is nearly unattainable so it's something you have to work at as well. I also think Peace of Mind affects the overall wellness of your life. If you have it, somehow, someway, you will not be in that bad of a spot because your emotions will not hold you back.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take the $1M without hesitation.

A little bit of stress is good for you -- it's about how you manage it. I'm a very easy going person as is, I have very good peace of mind already despite everything else that goes on in my life. And at times, the stress adds to the excitement of life so long as you don't let it effect your health.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

A little bit of stress is good for you -- it's about how you manage it. I'm a very easy going person as is, I have very good peace of mind already despite everything else that goes on in my life. And at times, the stress adds to the excitement of life so long as you don't let it effect your health.

I'd never take a lump sum of money, I'd be too worried there's a catch behind it.

Like say that 1 Million turns into a world of hurt....somehow.

Imagine if you will, you take the million and try and buy a house, a car, setup a family, etc. Your girlfriend/wife then goes psycho and screws you over. Your life lies in shambles.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm very easy-going too, but it's difficult to have complete peace of mind because I do have some regrets. Peace of mind is having no regrets.

Think Office Space.
fretgod99

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're talking about this on loop, then no price is too high.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

I'd never take a lump sum of money, I'd be too worried there's a catch behind it.

Like say that 1 Million turns into a world of hurt....somehow.

Imagine if you will, you take the million and try and buy a house, a car, setup a family, etc. Your girlfriend/wife then goes psycho and screws you over. Your life lies in shambles.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm very easy-going too, but it's difficult to have complete peace of mind because I do have some regrets. Peace of mind is having no regrets.

Think Office Space.

So you wouldn't take $1M because you have a fear that something crazy might happen, yet somehow a magician promising you something, that you even state is nearly impossible, is plausible? Very Happy

How would my girlfriend/wife "screw me over"? By stealing the money? Even if they did that and got away with it, what am I losing? Free money? Net result: I still gain because a psychopath just left my life that I wouldn't have known about had I not had the money. I'm still ahead of the game, and maybe even have a nice house that I bought in cash.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure $1,000,000 would give me some pretty solid peace of mind, so for me your question is basically "would you rather have peace of mind and a lot of money, or just peace of mind?"

Show me the money, man.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to know my health is straight. Other than that, peace of mind isn't that big to me. If I feel okay physically I can deal with anything else.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stup misspelin werds
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good topic but don't care for the question.

I've stressed a lot over deadlines, money, relationship issues, times I've gotten myself in trouble for things . Peace of mind is a wonderful thing!!!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
It's a good topic but don't care for the question.

I've stressed a lot over deadlines, money, relationship issues, times I've gotten myself in trouble for things . Peace of mind is a wonderful thing!!!

I'm ok with the question, I just don't like the options. Peace of mind is wonderful, however...

If I trade my soul, would I really care about peace of mind? I'd have no soul.
If I trade every paycheck I earn, I'll stress about money. No peace of mind there.

As for the question of taking the $1M or peace of mind (I'll assume it's eternal peace of mind), I'd take peace of mind every time.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
HighHopes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Flaccomania said, some stress in ur life is actually really good. So it depends what it means to get peace of mind. Does my life become close to perfect that I never have to stress or does it just mean I don't ever get worked up over something?

Just like everything, the reason good things are awesome is because there are bad things.

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My goal in life is to reach peace of mind. Ive only felt it a couple times, and I really like it.

Loving wife and kids.
Stable career.

Thats all I want out of life.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those without stress are often unprepared for legitimately stressful things. Went through something like that myself a little while back.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
JohnChimpo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Those without stress are often unprepared for legitimately stressful things. Went through something like that myself a little while back.

But doesn't eternal peace of mind imply that nothing could possibly stress you out, no matter how stressful it seems to an outsider?

I'd go for the peace of mind. No amount of money can buy that IMO.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its like saying "would you rather be 100% happy, or a millionaire".

We assume one leads to the other. Obviously youd chose happy, so I suppose here the pick is peace of mind.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: