Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A.J. McCarron has sparked my interest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mattmanz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: A.J. McCarron has sparked my interest Reply with quote

let me start by saying hello, I am new here and have been a jets fan for a while so I figured what better way to introduce myself than with a QB topic.

First off I have always been a sanchez fan ever since we drafted him, I always have had faith that he was the quarterback of the future for the jets, I was even the guy that stuck up for him and defended him when he played poorly making the excuses such as poor O line, lack of weapons at reciever, etc. etc. but lately even though most of those things have not been truly fixed sanchez continues to regress horribly making decisions and mistakes that should not be made at this point in his career. That being said we all know sanchez and tebow will be around for another year there's no stopping that and unless sanchez makes some sort of miraculous turn around and becomes the consistently good quarterback we all need and want. Unless that happens I think it would be time to draft our next QB in the first which leads me to my overall question. What do you all think of Alabama quarteback A.J. McCarron? I know that all bama QB's have the game manager rep because of their dominant running game and outstanding defense but the more research I do on McCarron the more I find out about how most think he will be different from the rest., as a matter of fact his college stats thus far nearly mirror that of Tom Brady's college stats. Now please do not think I believe this guy will be the next Brady just because he has similar stats but it does add a little extra curiosity and does make me a little more anxious to watch him play and see what he could really become; plus as I continue to watch him play I continue to like what I see. At 6'4 hes tall allowing him to see down the field, he has good pocket presence and mobility, he doesn't have the strongest arm but hes very accurate, 8 of 10 times he makes the correct decisions allowing him to still make all the nfl throws, and perhaps most importantly hes consistent everybody has an off game every now and again but other than that he stays consistent. All that being said overall I love his pontential and I am anxious to see him play his senior year at Alabama. In my opinion if he continues to progress we should take him in the 2014 draft, develop him the correct way and in my opinion he will be a very successfull nfl quarterback. what are your guys thoughts!?
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: A.J. McCarron has sparked my interest Reply with quote

Mattmanz wrote:
let me start by saying hello, I am new here and have been a jets fan for a while so I figured what better way to introduce myself than with a QB topic.

First off I have always been a sanchez fan ever since we drafted him, I always have had faith that he was the quarterback of the future for the jets, I was even the guy that stuck up for him and defended him when he played poorly making the excuses such as poor O line, lack of weapons at reciever, etc. etc. but lately even though most of those things have not been truly fixed sanchez continues to regress horribly making decisions and mistakes that should not be made at this point in his career. That being said we all know sanchez and tebow will be around for another year there's no stopping that and unless sanchez makes some sort of miraculous turn around and becomes the consistently good quarterback we all need and want. Unless that happens I think it would be time to draft our next QB in the first which leads me to my overall question. What do you all think of Alabama quarteback A.J. McCarron? I know that all bama QB's have the game manager rep because of their dominant running game and outstanding defense but the more research I do on McCarron the more I find out about how most think he will be different from the rest., as a matter of fact his college stats thus far nearly mirror that of Tom Brady's college stats. Now please do not think I believe this guy will be the next Brady just because he has similar stats but it does add a little extra curiosity and does make me a little more anxious to watch him play and see what he could really become; plus as I continue to watch him play I continue to like what I see. At 6'4 hes tall allowing him to see down the field, he has good pocket presence and mobility, he doesn't have the strongest arm but hes very accurate, 8 of 10 times he makes the correct decisions allowing him to still make all the nfl throws, and perhaps most importantly hes consistent everybody has an off game every now and again but other than that he stays consistent. All that being said overall I love his pontential and I am anxious to see him play his senior year at Alabama. In my opinion if he continues to progress we should take him in the 2014 draft, develop him the correct way and in my opinion he will be a very successfull nfl quarterback. what are your guys thoughts!?

I like McCarron as a prospect, I also think he is more than just a game manager. He could be a decent NFL QB with developing. Do I think he's a 1st round/ top 5 pick? Probably not. He has all the tools to be successful. I could see him as a 2nd/3rd round pick.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCarron isn't all that big nor is he all that strong. He has an average arm. he is best as a manager. He is rarely asked to win the game. He has the best backfield in the country and the best OL in the country.

Fair or not big time programs with top OL don't produce NFL QBs.

Just look at the colleges of most prospects:

USC
Harvard
UM
TAM
UGA
Cal
Vanderbilt
FSU
USC
USC
Tennessee
Auburn
BC
KSU
Purdue

That is a sample. Now look at which ones needs replaced for being crap.

USC Sanchez
USC Cassel
USC Palmer
Harvard Fitz
FSU (Maybe) Ponder

Big time schools don't produce great QBs much anymore because they have NFL WRs like Julio Jones, Robert Woods, etc... and NFL OL so they don't face pressure.

Sig bet
Mattmanz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree I think he is more of a second maybe third round pick as of right now and most likely will stay at that spot unless he has a miraculous senior year. Even so I still believe he is an interesting prospect and if developed correctly could do very well at the next level.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a huge Alabama fan, but I dont see AJ McCarron as a potential starter. Yeah his measurable's look great as do his stats, but hes been asked to do all the little things. MOst of his throws are to wide open targets or players that are way more athletically gifted then their opponents. When asked to win the game against A&M last week he was terrible and he was the reason they ultimately lost. Hes a mid round prospect who will be a great back up with some potential. Hes not a guy you draft early and build around.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are draft I don't want a game manager. I want a 6'5 Passer that wants to put the team on his back. No more game managers, smaller qbs or not a big arm.

I want Landry Jones
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler Bray if he adds weight will be a stud(Rivers meets Cutler)
Tyler Wilson looks good and has potential(Cutler maybe)
Zac Dysert has potential(Schaub)

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

If u look at film from Tyler Bray he has a bit of a sidearm throwing motion which leads to alot of batted passes. What about Tajh Boyd? I have us drafting him in a mock im working on now. He's playing really well and he can run too.
skrILL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganggreen1102 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

If u look at film from Tyler Bray he has a bit of a sidearm throwing motion which leads to alot of batted passes. What about Tajh Boyd? I have us drafting him in a mock im working on now. He's playing really well and he can run too.

I LOVE Tajh Boyd as a prospect but I didn't think he'd come out before this season. I was all about him last year and I think I even posted about him in here once but I was shot down.

N E W Y O R K J E T S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: