Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Redskins are 0-8 against rookie QB's since 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
footy_29

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
Off topic, but let's do a history lesson...

Let's start in 2002, ten years ago... It was a simpler time in Washington DC grooving out to Soak Up the Sun by Sheryl Crow, and Washington brought back retread GM Vinny Cerrato and they were Running and Gunning... Well, more or less shooting themselves in the foot. 1st round selection - Patrick Ramsey QB from Tulane. Gonna save da franchize!

Yeah, it got Spurrier another couple years and then he was fired. Race to 2004 when all the boom boxes are blaring "The Reason" by The Hoobastank and Washington welcomes back Retread Gibbs... Retread coach gets retread QB(Mark Brunell), no room for the Ramster! And Ramsey is trade a couple years later (2006) to the Jets for a 6th? It was basically an injury laden career he had in Washington... No Wrs to throw to and talk that he requested a trade.

2005 and everyone is blaring Gwen Stafani's "Hollaback Girl" on their new state of the art 8tracks in their cars. Washington DC welcomes 1st round draft pick Jason Campbell... Oh he's a star in the making! Or so Slick Vinny Cerrato and the great retread Gibbs would have us believe... He's a guy you trade picks for too! Hey, you don't need 'em! You build around the QB, BABY!!!!! Ha ha ha! Change some coaches again, throw in some injuries... And what do we have? More Fail! Tag and trade for a 4th... Bring in a retread new coach who brings in a retread McNabbster as QB...

Now it 2012 and though we still don't having flying cars but we're flying high with Cloud Nothings, "Stay Useless"... There's probably a pun here, huh?

Retread QB out trade draft picks for QB rinse and repeat...

Really Washington fans? Really? Cause this is bordering on insanity... You simply can't make stuff like this up.

Why don't you just say I hate the Redskins?

---------------------
Wouldn't be surprised to see the Redskins fail to show up, but they should be able to win this one considering the current play of the Eagles and injuries at key positions.

Blknite01's masterpiece
BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: The Redskins are 0-8 against rookie QB's since 2006 Reply with quote

dutchREDSKIN wrote:
Upcoming Sunday Nick Foles will make his professional debut as a starter for the Eagles in the NFL. Usually, a mid-season switch to a rookie QB will bring some growing pains. But not against the Redskins.

Picture this, since 2006 the Redskins have played 8 different rookie QB's. Their record? An astonishing 0-8. Just let that sink in for a while. The Redskins have let the rookie versions of Vince Young, Bruce Gradkowski, Trent Edwards, Joe Flacco, Matthew Stafford, Sam Bradford, Cam Newton and Christian Ponder consecutively beat them.

I find this an incredible stat. To me the Redskins have always looked like they were somehow a cure for struggling teams to turn their season around, and this stat backs that up perfectly. To be beaten time after time by rookie QB's (even with some statistical top-10 defenses) is simply pathetic.

One thing is clear though, the perfect way to ease your rookie QB into the NFL is just to let him play the Washington Redskins! Seeing how pathetic the defense is playing this season, Nick Foles and Brandon Weeden are probably licking their chops already...

Whats even more amazing is you won't hear that stat in the media if the Eagles win.

You'' just here how Vick should sit the rest of the year Laughing
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:

Let's start in 2002, ten years ago... It was a simpler time in Washington DC grooving out to Soak Up the Sun by Sheryl Crow, and Washington brought back retread GM Vinny Cerrato and they were Running and Gunning... Well, more or less shooting themselves in the foot. 1st round selection - Patrick Ramsey QB from Tulane. Gonna save da franchize!

Yeah, it got Spurrier another couple years and then he was fired. Race to 2004 when all the boom boxes are blaring "The Reason" by The Hoobastank and Washington welcomes back Retread Gibbs... Retread coach gets retread QB(Mark Brunell), no room for the Ramster! And Ramsey is trade a couple years later (2006) to the Jets for a 6th? It was basically an injury laden career he had in Washington... No Wrs to throw to and talk that he requested a trade.

2005 and everyone is blaring Gwen Stafani's "Hollaback Girl" on their new state of the art 8tracks in their cars. Washington DC welcomes 1st round draft pick Jason Campbell... Oh he's a star in the making! Or so Slick Vinny Cerrato and the great retread Gibbs would have us believe... He's a guy you trade picks for too! Hey, you don't need 'em! You build around the QB, BABY!!!!! Ha ha ha! Change some coaches again, throw in some injuries... And what do we have? More Fail! Tag and trade for a 4th... Bring in a retread new coach who brings in a retread McNabbster as QB...

Now it 2012 and though we still don't having flying cars but we're flying high with Cloud Nothings, "Stay Useless"... There's probably a pun here, huh?

Really Washington fans? Really? Cause this is bordering on insanity... You simply can't make stuff like this up.

---------------------
Wouldn't be surprised to see the Redskins fail to show up, but they should be able to win this one considering the current play of the Eagles and injuries at key positions.

But I don't... I used to love that brand. It was trench football. That was my youth and the football heroes I looked up to... The Hogs, Darrell Green covering Rice... I remember yelling at the TV when he got flagged for being too rough! Is that something a guy who just hates them would remember? The counter trade! Doug Williams coming from behind. Gosh man, good times - great football.

But I'm neither blind nor stupid. This brand of football makes me laugh and it teaches us all something if we are willing to learn and be objective.

I would like nothing better than for Washington to return to glory, but in a different way. But you can't look at this objectively and not see the same repeated failures and expect a different outcome?
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:

I don't think he hates the Redskins. He's just engaging in some heavy trolling. I would ignore him.
nevermore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMoneysProtege wrote:
That's a pretty amazing stat. On the other end of the spectrum I believe the Ravens or Steelers are 10-0 recently against rookie QB's.

I wish. Blaine freaking Gabbert got his first career win against the Ravens.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
BigMoneysProtege wrote:
That's a pretty amazing stat. On the other end of the spectrum I believe the Ravens or Steelers are 10-0 recently against rookie QB's.

I wish. Blaine freaking Gabbert got his first career win against the Ravens.

Still, he might as well have not been playing.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:

Applause Applause Applause

LOL @

Quote:
Let's start in 2002, ten years ago... It was a simpler time in Washington DC grooving out to Soak Up the Sun by Sheryl Crow, and Washington brought back retread GM Vinny Cerrato and they were Running and Gunning... Well, more or less shooting themselves in the foot.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
MikeLowrey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stats like these are just "coincidence stats". It doesn't mean anything, Redskins don't under-gameplan when facing rookies compared to others. Redskins managed to face a terrible rookie QB backup in Nick Foles today, now they have a win and the stat is pointless.

Not even going to bother reading the other posts, but I have no idea how this would get to 4 pages. Just dropping my 2 cents.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Well then. Going to have my father put his life savings on the Eagles this weekend.

Wish my family luck.

You are witnessing a family go bankrupt.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Slateman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea ... didn't work out too well for me either
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Well then. Going to have my father put his life savings on the Eagles this weekend.

Wish my family luck.

You are witnessing a family go bankrupt.

Bloody hell I hope he was joking when he posted that. Laughing
Better run better run faster than RG3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: