Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Redskins are 0-8 against rookie QB's since 2006
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchREDSKIN

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: The Redskins are 0-8 against rookie QB's since 2006 Reply with quote

Upcoming Sunday Nick Foles will make his professional debut as a starter for the Eagles in the NFL. Usually, a mid-season switch to a rookie QB will bring some growing pains. But not against the Redskins.

Picture this, since 2006 the Redskins have played 8 different rookie QB's. Their record? An astonishing 0-8. Just let that sink in for a while. The Redskins have let the rookie versions of Vince Young, Bruce Gradkowski, Trent Edwards, Joe Flacco, Matthew Stafford, Sam Bradford, Cam Newton and Christian Ponder consecutively beat them.

I find this an incredible stat. To me the Redskins have always looked like they were somehow a cure for struggling teams to turn their season around, and this stat backs that up perfectly. To be beaten time after time by rookie QB's (even with some statistical top-10 defenses) is simply pathetic.

One thing is clear though, the perfect way to ease your rookie QB into the NFL is just to let him play the Washington Redskins! Seeing how pathetic the defense is playing this season, Nick Foles and Brandon Weeden are probably licking their chops already...
BigMoneysProtege

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty amazing stat. On the other end of the spectrum I believe the Ravens or Steelers are 10-0 recently against rookie QB's. Doesn't bode well from Weeden as he already dropped both Raven's games.

The present is a gift, and I just wanna be.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eagles are approximately 0-126 when the odds are seemingly in their favor.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While that is an interesting stat to look at, records were made to be broken.

Andy Reid was 13-0 following bye weeks coming into this year, and that streak ended.
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a stat... What am I supposed to let sink in? Washington isn't a very good ball club (from owner to ball boy to the fact Redskins is a racial slur - all fail). I'm not surprised they can't win games, that's why they're not good.

As far as the defensive ranking, that's a very deceptive stat. NFL does yards, which is a fairly decent measuring stick, but it leaves much to be desired. Teams that play on short fields against Washington don't put up as many yards. Washington turning over the ball leaves a shorter field to score on, less yards.

As it stands Washington is 27th in points allowed with defensive rank in yards 28th.

Last year, in points 21, but in yards 13th. 2010 in points 21, but in yards 31... Wow, this team really is just plain bad. I guess I have no point with the yards v. points.

So a defense that bad loses to rookies? Not surprised at all. Just wondering when the fans will wise up and not buy that trading away drafts for a QB when their defense is horrible might not be wise. If ever I though it was a good idea for a fanbase to withhold their cash from their favorite team it's Washington. Force Snyder out and get a real owner and get this once glorious franchise back to greatness and not just a golden goose for a billionaire.
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
It's not a stat... What am I supposed to let sink in? Washington isn't a very good ball club (from owner to ball boy to the fact Redskins is a racial slur - all fail). I'm not surprised they can't win games, that's why they're not good.

As far as the defensive ranking, that's a very deceptive stat. NFL does yards, which is a fairly decent measuring stick, but it leaves much to be desired. Teams that play on short fields against Washington don't put up as many yards. Washington turning over the ball leaves a shorter field to score on, less yards.

As it stands Washington is 27th in points allowed with defensive rank in yards 28th.

Last year, in points 21, but in yards 13th. 2010 in points 21, but in yards 31... Wow, this team really is just plain bad. I guess I have no point with the yards v. points.

So a defense that bad loses to rookies? Not surprised at all. Just wondering when the fans will wise up and not buy that trading away drafts for a QB when their defense is horrible might not be wise. If ever I though it was a good idea for a fanbase to withhold their cash from their favorite team it's Washington. Force Snyder out and get a real owner and get this once glorious franchise back to greatness and not just a golden goose for a billionaire.

0-8 is surprising regardless of the team.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:

Why?

This years offense for Washington is 7th in points 11.
Differential (difference between offense points scored versus what the defense gives away): (-22 points)

Last year's offense Wash was 16th in points 26th. (-79)

2010's offense was 18th in points 25th. (-75)

2009 the offense was 22nd in points 26th. Dif (-70)

2008 22 and points 28th... Dif (-31)

Sorry, the only anomaly is that this team would win games, which we see in their record. It's a bad ball club, who they lose to is irrelevant, that they get lucky and win a game here is due to sample size and this being a professional team with some talent.
Steelerspower

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The steelers are 14-1 vs rookies QB since 2004!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:

Why?

This years offense for Washington is 7th in points 11.
Differential (difference between offense points scored versus what the defense gives away): (-22 points)

Last year's offense Wash was 16th in points 26th. (-79)

2010's offense was 18th in points 25th. (-75)

2009 the offense was 22nd in points 26th. Dif (-70)

2008 22 and points 28th... Dif (-31)

Sorry, the only anomaly is that this team would win games, which we see in their record. It's a bad ball club, who they lose to is irrelevant, that they get lucky and win a game here is due to sample size and this being a professional team with some talent.

Because that includes games against the 2009 Lions (2-14), 2011 Vikings (3-13), and the 2006 Buccaneers (4-12). Most of the others were against bad teams as well. Logic should dictate they would have a winning record in those games, instead they're 0-8. It's an anomaly any way you spin it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tank is strong with the Redskins.. Me like, and my oh my they have a bad bad D.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't beat em, join em! That is the reason the Redskins drafted 2 rookie QB's, but they done forgot Foles and Wilson!!!

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily for you the eagles of this season find ways to lose games.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
MeanJoeGreen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the past is not an indicator of the future...
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:

Because that includes games against the 2009 Lions (2-14), 2011 Vikings (3-13), and the 2006 Buccaneers (4-12). Most of the others were against bad teams as well. Logic should dictate they would have a winning record in those games, instead they're 0-8. It's an anomaly any way you spin it.

No no no no no! Bad logic says they should have won one of those games. Real logic tells us that it is far more rare that a team goes 0-16. So that team is likely to win a game, probably against a loser club. That loser club would be Washington. Probability also would lean toward those other clubs. And that's taking out circumstance which never favors Washington.

Take note of that Steelers record... Should we look up their defensive rankings or would you just trust that they have a pretty good defense perennially? So the more dependent factor isn't just rookie QB, it also has to be him going against a bad defense?

Completely explainable! No conspiracy... No miracle... No curse. Just logic or lack thereof... It is a "stat" made for those that believe in mysticism.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then. Going to have my father put his life savings on the Eagles this weekend.

Wish my family luck.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: