Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Anyone else here have sleeping trouble?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plush

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
As long as I have a consistent humming noise like a fan or an AC I am good to go. I cannot stand the sound of dead silence. How people can sleep in absolute silence like that is beyond me. I also suffer from the mind racing. Which I usually prevent by having the TV on until I get drowsy. Being a second shifter screws me up to. I don't get hom from work until 1am and I'm in bed by 3am. Sometimes it's just not enough wind down time.

+1
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PantherDE90 wrote:
Da_Bearz wrote:
I've been noticing this week I've been having troubles. But I usually just get up, get a glass of milk, warm it up in the microwave, chug it down, then I'm asleep a little bit later.

I think there are a few factors, like my irregular sleep pattern, thoughts going through my head like crazy, etc. But one of the biggest ones IMO is the fact that I live downtown, so as you can imagine there are ton of lights. And the blinds in my apartment are white, so they don't keep the light out that well. Heck, I could walk back and forth in the dark in my place. I use a sleeping mask, but sometimes it gets a little uncomfortable and I throw it off.

When my lease gets near it's end, I'm gonna consider looking into other places, maybe still downtown (proximity to work is important), but hopefully with smaller windows I could cover up easily.

I live literally like right next to train tracks. Probably 40 or so yards away and the only thing between my house and the tracks is the woods.

I used to live right next to train tracks. Got used to it to the point where it didn't bother me anymore. But I can't fall asleep with much noise. If someone is snoring, I'm done.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
As long as I have a consistent humming noise like a fan or an AC I am good to go. I cannot stand the sound of dead silence. How people can sleep in absolute silence like that is beyond me. I also suffer from the mind racing. Which I usually prevent by having the TV on until I get drowsy. Being a second shifter screws me up to. I don't get hom from work until 1am and I'm in bed by 3am. Sometimes it's just not enough wind down time.

+1

+1

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Nucky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else here have sleeping trouble? Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
My problems- i'm not falling asleep until 5 or 6 am most days (almost 5 EST right now), it takes me 1-2 hours to fall asleep (been like this for years), usually get 7 or so hours of sleep a day, and i'm tired all day (yet unable to fall asleep). Although lately I've found myself getting tired at 8 PM or so, and wanting to take a nap. Sometimes i can take a nap for 30-60 mins, if i'm not in class. I go to night school from 7-10 most nights which is why i can afford such a late wake up.

Anyone else have sleeping problems, maybe something similar?

I had this problem too after I stopped working. I think my main problem is practicing bad sleep hygene. More specifically getting off your computer 1 or 2 hours before you sleep. Your eyes and body need time off before you sleep because the light keeps your body awake. Second you gotta get up at a fixed time no matter what.

If you don't fall asleep in 15 min do something have a glass of milk and do something boring until you feel tired. Do not go on your computer or watch tv.

I'm not at "normal" people time yet but its better than 4-5 am.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Nucky on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had trouble sleeping on and off my whole life. Everything from periods of stress induced insomnia to periods of trying to get up out of bed while sleeping to a really disquieting period of time where I would hear thousands of screams at the same time that would snap me awake (sounds emo to me, but whatever).

I have to have white noise to sleep. And I also have to have ambien. I dont have to take it usually. But I have to know I have it. Otherwise I will stress out that I might not be able to sleep, which will cause me not to sleep.

My suggestion is to unplug early. No games, no computer, no chatting, no twitter. Nada. Give your brain plenty of time to unwind. And use white noise when you lay down.

If nothing works, try some ambien. Just be careful with it. Its rare, but it jacks some people up.

CK on the sig
boondock

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:

My suggestion is to unplug early. No games, no computer, no chatting, no twitter. Nada. Give your brain plenty of time to unwind. And use white noise when you lay down.

I found that this was key to me going to bed quickly. I usually try to be done in front of the computer and phone on the charger by 8PM so that I can hopefully be asleep by 10PM. It usually works as I'm asleep by 10:30 most nights.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:

I found that this was key to me going to bed quickly. I usually try to be done in front of the computer and phone on the charger by 8PM so that I can hopefully be asleep by 10PM. It usually works as I'm asleep by 10:30 most nights.

So what do you guys do instead? Honest question.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
boondock wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:

So what do you guys do instead? Honest question.

Watch TV or read. The computer and video games are much more "active" pursuits. Reading, searching, typing, responding, playing, etc etc. Vegging out in front of the TV or reading a book gives my brain time to rewind so that I am not so wound up at bed time.

Like boon said, if I want to be asleep by 10 or 11 I unplug about 8 and just chill.

Might not work for everyone. But it works for me without a doubt.

CK on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: