Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A tele-Graham for his doubters
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: A tele-Graham for his doubters Reply with quote

Bringing light yet again to one of our favorite topics.

Presented by... assorted writers of the press.

Philadelphia Eagles' Brandon Graham finally delivering on potential
Quote:
Now obviously the sample size is small but Graham has been simply ridiculous when it comes to rushing the passer. Effecting the throw on 14 of 52 dropbacks is absurd.

Epic sack drought costing Babin playing time
Quote:
Babin played a season-low 33 snaps in the Eaglesí 30-17 loss to the Falcons Sunday and was only on the field sporadically in the second half, when third-year pro Brandon Graham got most of the reps at left defensive end and the Eagles held Atlanta to just two field goals.

Per the BGN article:

Quote:
There's been a lot of concern surrounding Brandon Graham since his drafting in 2010. A number of people were (unfairly) disappointed with him in his rookie year, despite the fact he got consistent pressure. He may not have had good sack numbers but he showed an ability to consistently beat the tackle in front of him, even if he didn't bring the quarterback down.
Quote:
The main issue with Graham then was his poor run defending, which often exposed the linebackers. Fast forward three years and the Michigan man looks to have to have gotten even better as a pass rusher as well as improving against the ground game.

Now now, relax. Nobody is crowning anybody yet. The sample size is small, yes, and there are many questions and doubts. Nobody is being "proven" right or wrong, but there is something to be said about one of our most polarizing young Eagles on the squad.

The BGN article highlights a lot of the positive stuff Graham has been doing in his limited time in visual form. For those who can't access it or are too lazy to click on links and read long, lengthy, and smart articles, I will post them here.

All images are credited to BGN's John Breitenbach and the NFL.

Quote:
If anything it's the consistency that's been so promising, in seven games he's yet to be shut out despite playing as few as four, nine and ten snaps.

Graham, LDE, beating a double team and pressuring+hitting the QB.

Notice how no other green jerseys are close.

Graham, LDE, beating Bobby Massie and a RB for the sack.

Check the article for more.

Against the run, the article has this to say:
Quote:
Again sample size issues apply but that is some impressive play. Although his run stop % of 15.9 is seventh, it's second of players with at least 25 snaps. The one thing that really stands out with Graham when he's defending the run is his strength. Even when guys lock on, he uses his hands exceptionally well to generate leverage to disengage.

Graham beating Tyson Clabo (not the first or only time)

Quote:
Graham's start to this season has been simply amazing.

It is impossible at this point to reach a verdict. It would be silly to. Therefore, my questions are:

1) Is it plausible that Graham is the starter over Babin by season's end?
2) How have you felt about Graham's development?
3) Are you buying that BG has finally arrived? Or do you need to see more, perhaps as a full-time starter?
4) Can Graham be a long-term force for the Eagles?

And this article doesn't include the sack+forced fumble+recovery+giving the Eagles life play from yesterday either.

The guy is one of the bright spots on this team.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham should be the starter. Babin sucks.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second quote under his photo is an article by Reuben Frank, for what it's worth.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
oland11

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) I don't think so unless Babin gets hurt or he sucks it up even more.

2) I think he did a good job at losing all those pounds and I think he is developing decently thanks to Jim Washburn.

3) Personally he has arrived, but I think he still needs to prove more if he is going to be the starter next year.

4) It all depends on what happens down the stretch.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His leverage and ability to engage at one speed with a lot of power and then release and attacking at another speed is sick and somes up why we drafted him so early on.

When your Graham and your built like a mini bulldozer. You play a foot or more lower then every other defensive end with your head still up. And your legs driving at rapid rate. You dont need long arm. Your going to be a match up problem for a lot of tackles.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHORT ARMS
oland11

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I don't like about Brandon Graham was that he took #54 too early. He took it the season after one of the great LBs of Philly had to retire and stuck up the joint his first season. But if he keeps producing like this, he will restore honor to that number.
Jroc04

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always held out hope for him. I'm glad he looks to be turning the corner.

I would be in complete agreeance if he starts over Babin. I still like the heavy rotation we run though.

On the flip side, I'll never see Brandon and not think of JPP. It's not fair but it's apparent. I will compare them forever.

Phire sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
willy_law

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

call me a hater but I still haven't seen anything to really make me change my opinion
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
call me a hater but I still haven't seen anything to really make me change my opinion

I agree.

I respect the hell out of you Phire, but this just seems like we're grasping for stars on a cloudy night. We both know each other stances on this issue, so I won't continue it.

Regardless of my stance on this issue, this is a great post and I applaud you're effort, no sarcasm Applause Applause .
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not necessarily calling for Babin to be benched or cut, as I think he'll finish the season strong and has just been in a funk as of late, but Graham seeing less than 25% of our total defensive snaps is inexcusable. He's never gotten his fair shake yet IMO and with the way he's been playing in his limited time I think it's time we start seeing him play around 35-45% of defensive snaps. We also need to get Curry out there soon, got to see what he's made of and I doubt any DE can play much worse than what we saw from Babin the last several weeks.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Mark "The Sanchize" Sanchez~
202 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 89.6 Passer Rating
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Graham just needs reps and just needs to be the man. Playing defensive end is really a rhythmic thing in many ways. Babin is beat yo. He needs to rest and come back off the bench and if he finds his spark again take his spot back. it makes to much sense.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some people have just been struggling to come to grips with the fact that the Eagles didn't really choose as poorly as they thought (wanted them to, really) in the early rounds of that draft.

It may not be this year, but Graham will be a starting DE for the Eagles. He may not be a perennial all-pro or anything, but he will be a solid player for years. Same thing I have been predicting since day 1.

Oh and Allen > Thomas so far in their careers. Razz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's go

He'll be starting for sure if Babin is still looking for loyalty against the Cowboys

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calling for him to see more snaps most of the season.

I hope he can turn into a poor version of Chris Long, a guy who early got good pressure, but didn't have the sacks.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: