Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams defense

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RamRod

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Rams defense Reply with quote

What's up with our defense lately? I know it's pretty easy to blame coaching, QB play, etc for our losing streak but the D has been pretty bad. We have not forced a turnover since the Cardinals game. We wouldn't have even got a turnover in that game if it wasn't for a late strip sack. If I read correctly we've tied a record for longest time without forcing a turnover. A record that's stood since like 1950. We're also allowing a lot more PPG.

Anyone think having no D-coordinator affects us?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think alot of it has to do with it being mid season and thats when your body just doesnt feel 100%. You can do all the treatment you want but it still wont be operating at optimal levels.
yrba1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Film, teams figured out our formula to stopping an offense so they've made adjustments that exploit our weaknesses. it's up to the rest of our defense to make adjustments as well if we're to succeed.
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this just after that Niners game??

But yeah they have been less than stellar at times.

This isn't the same D from week 1-4(5)?

BBL
Jonezy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not enough Press

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
Not enough Press

Press coverage in madden = TD
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
Not enough Press

600% he means pressure.

BBL
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
Not enough Press

600% he means pressure.

I knew that......... *looks around in embarrassment*
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cruddy scheme and certain players not playing that well/disappearing

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Wr80

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll get a real OC and a real Safety in the secondary and start doing better next year. No chance for playoffs this year so I hope we play hard but to be honest lose the rest of the year. No point in winning and dropping in the draft if we have no chance at a wild card. I love watching this team play, just so frustrating when we can't play to what we are capable of.
alanram

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Defense Reply with quote

"The best defense is a good offense." The Rams offense is putrid.....period. All of the activity takes place within 2 or 3 inches from the line of scrimmage. I watch other "average" teams and routinely see open running lanes and wide receivers open downfield. The Rams are average at best, so I don't expect much more that they have shown me. Bottom line is the "D" is on the field waaaaayyyyy to long and they are gassed. Check the time of posession in the Jets game.
I hope Fisher and Snead are waiting for the draft to load up on the offensive side of the ball. Warmack amd Allen would be my guys.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our defense this game after the first few series was flat. They need to step it up no excuses especially the D-line and Linebackers.

That said, our offense hasn't helped them out with the turnovers and time of possession. We need better receivers, Jets locked them down with man to man coverage and they disappeared in the game. Basically at this point, Amendola is the passing game.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Defense Reply with quote

alanram wrote:
"The best defense is a good offense." The Rams offense is putrid.....period. All of the activity takes place within 2 or 3 inches from the line of scrimmage. I watch other "average" teams and routinely see open running lanes and wide receivers open downfield. The Rams are average at best, so I don't expect much more that they have shown me. Bottom line is the "D" is on the field waaaaayyyyy to long and they are gassed. Check the time of posession in the Jets game.
I hope Fisher and Snead are waiting for the draft to load up on the offensive side of the ball. Warmack amd Allen would be my guys.

The D is on the field too much and they get gassed...suuuuuuure. So how about when the Rams were controlling the game offensively against SF and their backup QB was still gashing us?

How is it that Danny Amendola can return punts, in the past returned kicks and can play offense and not get gassed?

Furthermore, why doesn't the offense get gassed from the opposing team from being on the field so long?

And again, why did our defense give up 24 points and choke in the 4th quarter after the offense controlled the ball for much of the game?

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone but I will say a couple things in terms of getting "gassed".

Play for play defense expends far more energy than an offensive player.

That being said, by this point in the season the defense should be used to it and in very good shape.

Lastly, they get paid millions of dollars so there is no excuse for anybody to be "gassed".
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Defense Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
alanram wrote:

The D is on the field too much and they get gassed...suuuuuuure. So how about when the Rams were controlling the game offensively against SF and their backup QB was still gashing us?

How is it that Danny Amendola can return punts, in the past returned kicks and can play offense and not get gassed?

Furthermore, why doesn't the offense get gassed from the opposing team from being on the field so long?

And again, why did our defense give up 24 points and choke in the 4th quarter after the offense controlled the ball for much of the game?

I'm not defending the "gassed" theory, but it has become obvious that their "backup QB" has some considerable skill.

I'm willing to bet that the defense prepared to face Kaepernick in gimmick like situations as a sub, and had not prepared to face him while running the full offense.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: