Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Flowers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Brandon Flowers Reply with quote

Perhaps this isn't worthy of it's own thread, but I hadn't seen it mentioned, and I thought it warranted note this week.

Remember coming out, his biggest knock was his speed? He was supposed to be limited to a zone coverage cover-2 type like Ronde Barber or Antoine Winfield? He kept up step for step with Mike Wallace on multiple deep routes all day long. And Wallace wasn't jogging.

There's not a flaw in his game right now.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
18 catches, 259 yards, 2 TDs
samsel23

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: Brandon Flowers Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Perhaps this isn't worthy of it's own thread, but I hadn't seen it mentioned, and I thought it warranted note this week.

Remember coming out, his biggest knock was his speed? He was supposed to be limited to a zone coverage cover-2 type like Ronde Barber or Antoine Winfield? He kept up step for step with Mike Wallace on multiple deep routes all day long. And Wallace wasn't jogging.

There's not a flaw in his game right now.

He mainly struggles with big receivers that have speed. Besides that he has been a GREAT 2nd rounder.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Brandon Flowers Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
He was supposed to be limited to a zone coverage cover-2 type like Ronde Barber or Antoine Winfield?

Was my favorite player coming out of that draft and was stoked we got him. I always compared him to Winfield and thats not a knock at all. He doesnt need to have the speed of Wallace to reign him in all he needs (and has) is the proper technique to guide/bump him at the right times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5WYigZHME
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Brandon Flowers Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
He was supposed to be limited to a zone coverage cover-2 type like Ronde Barber or Antoine Winfield?

Was my favorite player coming out of that draft and was stoked we got him. I always compared him to Winfield and thats not a knock at all. He doesnt need to have the speed of Wallace to reign him in all he needs (and has) is the proper technique to guide/bump him at the right times.

I agree with you completely. I also looked at Flowers as similar to Winfield in alot of respects when he came out of Virginia Tech. Not the biggest or fastest cornerback but was ahead of his peers as far as understanding of coverage technique and proper angles as well as being a very sound tackling cornerback. In fact, in that regard, I would even like to see Flowers (as well as Arenas) used occassionally on some cornerback blitzes.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
jimmydee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What yawl said....plus, that would involve some scheming and right now we're hell bent for leather to figure out how to continue to play Cassell and make it look legit. Can anyone say 'tunnel vision', or more appropriately 'lack of ANY vision?"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: