Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pros and Cons at DT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Pros and Cons at DT Reply with quote

who would you rather see at DT for the Phins next season... and why ?
what would we lose.. what would we gain ??

Soliai - Starks
Soliai - Odrick
Odrick - Starks
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my optimal front 7 on passing downs

---Vernon - Dansby - Burnett
Rookie - Odrick - Starks - Wake
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soliai and Starks. 2 top DT is better than 1.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:

I'm starting to think Soliai one of the biggest reasons we are being exposed through the air. We're great at stuffing runners, mostly because of Soliai's strength up front.

But he's not getting any pressure on the QB or playing big on passing downs. 0.5 sacks and 2 pass deflections.

Odrick should be playing next to Starks at DT. He has 2 sacks this season playing out of position against LTs. He doesn't have the speed to edge rush. Kick him inside and he'll be good for around 6 sacks a season, similar to last year when he was a 3-4 end.

Starks already has more pass deflections than in any other season and is on pace to tie his career high in sacks.

Wake is Wake and Vernon has 2.5 sacks, 2 FF and a defensive TD in spot duty.

Imagine the pass rush if we can get a rookie DE, Starks / Odrick in the middle, Wake on the edge and Vernon either rotating in at DE or rushing from the OLB spot on passing downs instead of Misi.

I could be way off, but Soliai has great value to a 3-4 team. It's hard to find a good NT, I wouldn't be surprised if someone coughs up a 2nd. A 3rd + 5th is not unlikely. Then draft a pass rusher at DE and bam pass rush fixed. Use the rest of the picks on OG, WR, S, BPA
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we can (no huddle/hurry up offense permitting) we should switch odrick inside on passing downs and flip soliai out. Teams will plan around it though but it is an option
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner 2012 and 2013
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
phinmun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:

I'm starting to think Soliai one of the biggest reasons we are being exposed through the air. We're great at stuffing runners, mostly because of Soliai's strength up front.

But he's not getting any pressure on the QB or playing big on passing downs. 0.5 sacks and 2 pass deflections.

Odrick should be playing next to Starks at DT. He has 2 sacks this season playing out of position against LTs. He doesn't have the speed to edge rush. Kick him inside and he'll be good for around 6 sacks a season, similar to last year when he was a 3-4 end.

Starks already has more pass deflections than in any other season and is on pace to tie his career high in sacks.

Imagine the pass rush if we can get a rookie DE, Starks / Odrick in the middle, Wake on the edge and Vernon either rotating in at DE or rushing from the OLB spot on passing downs instead of Misi.

I could be way off, but Soliai has great value to a 3-4 team. It's hard to find a good NT, I wouldn't be surprised if someone coughs up a 2nd. A 3rd + 5th is not unlikely. Then draft a pass rusher at DE and bam pass rush fixed. Use the rest of the picks on OG, WR, S, BPA

Ideal. I'm with ya 100%! Smile

Either I've convinced you or you've convinced me, haha! Either way, we're thinking the same exact thing on this one.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:

Ideal. I'm with ya 100%! Smile

Either I've convinced you or you've convinced me, haha! Either way, we're thinking the same exact thing on this one.

There's a good number of posters here that think along these lines. Usually the disagreement is which DT we should part ways with (Odrick, Starks, Soliai).

When you think about the fact that we would get good-great compensation for shopping Soliai, it's kind of a no-brainer.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wake-Solai-Odrick-Free Agent/Rookie

The only reason I am putting Odrick in at DT is because he is still under contract. He has limited athleticism and is not conducive for a 4-3. Solai is a run plugger and he is still valuable. Starks can go. Not that he is not deserving of a new contract but Miami has offensive needs.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont care what it is as long as Odrick is not playing DE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: